NLDS- Dodgers v Giants

Sbbruin

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

lulz that response was going pretty well until you went internet tough guy like a douche

I’m pretty hammered after drinking beer and whiskey for the last few hours while watching the game. My bad for calling out someone who was being a dick and wanting to fight them over message board slights. 

2 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Webb should have stayed.  Analytics loses again; I'm sure Dusty would've kept him in. Go with the human instinct >> computers. 

Were most on this thread rooting for LAD??? Hope not. 

Weak call, but you have have so score more than 1 at home in a clincher. 

and late night Lamonte almost killed it twice.. game of millimeters truly

lol Webb gave up the run exactly when “analytics” says you should pull your starter.  

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Here's an idea for the Giants. Perhaps don't put yourself in a situation where you are down 2-1 at home in a winner-take-all game, with 2 outs, and Wilmer Fulmer against Max Scherzer with the count already 0-2, depending on Wilmer Fulmer to check his swing to keep the season alive. Perhaps try averaging more than 2 runs a game if you expect to win a best-of-5 series against the team with the second best record in baseball.

4 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Here's an idea for the Giants. Perhaps don't put yourself in a situation where you are down 2-1 at home in a winner-take-all game, with 2 outs, and Wilmer Fulmer against Max Scherzer with the count already 0-2, depending on Wilmer Fulmer to check his swing to keep the season alive. Perhaps try averaging more than 2 runs a game if you expect to win a best-of-5 series against the team with the second best record in baseball.

Weak response. It was a terrible call, and the Giants aren't making a huge deal out of it anyway just saying it's a frustrating way for the game to end. Not to mention the Dodgers got some help in key at-bats with a generous strike zone (like when Urias got two straight awful strike calls against Bryant).

Take the win and don't act like such a chump.

Take the win and don't act like such a chump.

Hey, even I agree that it was a bad call. Probably a lot of Dodgers fans would agree with that and no one wants the series to end like that.

Just pointing out that the Giants had ample opportunity to win this series without it ever coming down to an 0-2 count against one of the best pitchers in baseball.

tbh I don't know how the fuck the Giants even won 109 games. 

Other than Crawford, Bryant(who they didn't have all season), old Longoria and Posey, they are just a bunch of mediocre dudes position wise.  I wouldn't be shocked if they went .500 next season.  

Edited by Scraps
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I agree it was a bad call but didn’t they say that batter was lifetime 0 for 17 against Max?  Why did they not Pinch hit for him.  

Had burned most of their available pinch hitters earlier in the game playing matchups.

32 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Other than Crawford, Bryant(who they didn't have all season), old Longoria and Posey, they are just a bunch of mediocre dudes position wise.  I wouldn't be shocked if they went .500 next season.  

They won't win 109 games but they'll be good.  Zaidi knows what he's doing.

45 minutes ago, Scraps said:

They’ll do better than that.  I would love the, to fade back into obscurity, but I think they are on the come.

Watched 0 Giants games all year, but I was unimpressed with the offense.  I get LA pitching is good, but still.  I barely knew anyone on the team...nobody was super clutch. I'm sure there are leaders like Buster, but nobody seemed to get the team motivated...lacked a spark on offense.

also fuk LA, the west coast yankee$ 

• Hook 'Em 1