I have failed as a Texan because....

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2022 at 12:33 PM, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I thought it was Big Ben?

Perhaps I too, have failed as a Texan.

But my biggest failure is that I haven't kilt any deers.

If your father isn’t a hunter, the chances of you taking a deer have to go down astronomically. My dad took us fishing all the time, but never hunting. 

I didn’t shoot a deer until college. A nice doe. My host chicken fried the backstraps about 10 minutes after we skinned it. Very good eating. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I have failed as a Texan because my gf confessed that she just doesn't like Jerry Jeff Walker's music.  "I don't like his voice,"  is what she said.

If you need me I'll be in my chambers, weeping.

latest.jpg.cb630c87c98d05615a9ff12f16c3d543.jpg

I have failed as a Texan because my gf confessed that she just doesn't like Jerry Jeff Walker's music.  "I don't like his voice,"  is what she said.

If you need me I'll be in my chambers, weeping.

I have no clue if I have heard his music or not. And I don’t give a flying fuck.

I worked in the music industry for close to a decade including owning a recording studio and record label in Austin.

My mom’s family has been in Texas since 1835.

Zero fucks given.

I have no clue if I have heard his music or not. And I don’t give a flying fuck.

I worked in the music industry for close to a decade including owning a recording studio and record label in Austin.

Zero fucks given.

You should have

He is originally from NY and arrested in New Orleans where he wrote his big song and came to Texas.

I’ve met others similar

I’ve lived here my whole life snd always considered him a texan and anyone else similar. Most others do as well

27 minutes ago, Updawg said:

You should have

He is originally from NY and arrested in New Orleans where he wrote his big song and came to Texas.

I’ve met others similar

I’ve lived here my whole life snd always considered him a texan and anyone else similar. Most others do as well

JJW was a great naturalized Texan.  RIP.

• Hook 'Em 2

You should have

I’ve met others similar

That was a bit harsh I suppose. I always associated him (and some others) with frat douches.

On 10/10/2021 at 10:26 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

Yeah I wouldn’t beat yourself up about Big Bend. It’s not very easy to get to. There are chartered flights, but that’s a Surly 1% deal. Otherwise it’s a very long drive or a flight and a long drive. About 3-4 hours from the Midland or El Paso airports. 

Thinking that's a long drive isn't very Texan.

By long drive, I'm talking about the effort required to go see/ do something fun for a weekend.

Edited by slorch

On 4/5/2022 at 7:56 PM, Voldemort86 said:

Some say Texas has the best looking women, but I can’t imagine the women here being prettier than the ones in superficial places like Miami and Los Angeles.

I can confirm, Texas girls have nothing on the beautiful latinas of Miami.

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2022 at 12:19 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

Zero fucks given.

Lol. 

On 6/5/2022 at 4:38 PM, ATexanAbroad said:

I can confirm, Texas girls have nothing on the beautiful latinas of Miami.

Lol