That 90’s Show (That 70’s Show Spin-off)

Bogeywon

7 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

Trivial, but for some reason it bugged me that Kitty still had the same 70’s hairdo

And Eric. Sorry, but a 35 year old dad in 1995 didn't dress like a nerd from 1978. And I'm pretty sure he was wearing a wig to have the same haircut. Why?

The original came across like it was created and written by people who were teens in the late '70s. This one comes across like it was created and written by people who were teens in the '70s and think they can easily strike the same chord with a '90s setting. They can't because they see that time as adults, not as kids. Example, the "riot grrrl" has a poster of Hole in her room, but no Bikini Kill? And don't get me started on a rando 15 year old in Wisconsin singing Alanis at the top of her lungs 2 weeks after the song was released. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

And Eric. Sorry, but a 35 year old dad in 1995 didn't dress like a nerd from 1978. And I'm pretty sure he was wearing a wig to have the same haircut. Why?

On the topic of haircuts, none of the boys in the show have 90's haircuts. Just another thing that bugged me. We need some butt cuts and bowls. Maybe some bleach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I was kid in the 70's and none of my parents/grandparents ever really changed their hairstyles as they got old.

My mom has had the same hair style for 40 years.  I go look at baby pictures of me and my sister - it's "blonde" now, but it's the same fucking haircut. 

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Js1 said:

My mom has had the same hair style for 40 years.  I go look at baby pictures of me and my sister - it's "blonde" now, but it's the same fucking haircut. 

Years ago I asked my dad, "Where do you even find bryll cream or whatever that crap is anymore?"

On 1/22/2023 at 10:51 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

Made it through 2 episodes. Only watched the second because I was waiting for something in the oven. Memberberries only go so far. That 70's Show sucked after "Eric left for Africa". 

Yeah, this is where I'm at.  I was excited by the premise but none of the new kids really make it work, as someone who was in middle school and high school in the back half of the 90's, it doesn't really feel like that time at all, and in the end it just doesn't work.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the first few episodes from the treadmill. Not terrible, actually enjoyable it parts, but mostly the nostalgia. Red and Kitty are the best characters. The kids are kinda annoying. I’ll probably finish the season. How is it that actors never age? Kirkwood Smith looked old and as hell in the original and seems the same or younger as a grandpa. Kitty looks identical. Eric looked the same too and it wasn’t just because he has the same haircut. Donna is older but hot af, needs more of her being milfy.

Edited by 'stache

Watched the first few episodes from the treadmill. Not terrible, actually enjoyable it parts, but mostly the nostalgia. Red and Kitty are the best characters. The kids are kinda annoying. I’ll probably finish the season. How is it that actors never age? Kirkwood Smith looked old and as hell in the original and seems the same or younger as a grandpa. Mary Kay Place looks identical. Eric looked the same too and it wasn’t just because he has the same haircut. Donna is older but hot af, needs more of her being milfy.

Mary Kay Place?