Let’s talk about how fucked up Tennessee is

Pancho

49 minutes ago, Pancho said:

We’ve glossed over many things these last few years, but we can start this thread with this:

Would like to read more detail, background and context about this. If it’s as straightforward and cut-and-dried as the tweet portrays, that’s horrendous.

But you have a sensationalist history of posting clickbait that is dishonest, so forgive me for casting a skeptical eye that this is what happened at face value.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 24

1 minute ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Tennessee is a garbage state of snake handlers straight out of season 1 true detective.  They avoid scrutiny because MS and AL soak it all up but they are backward.  

And Texas is Tennessee's big, fat baby brother

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Well the tweet has the word (THREAD) so maybe you can fucking read the (THREAD)? Because if you read the (THREAD), you’ll see there is a news story with ‘more detail, background and context about this.’

Pop Tv Reaction GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Would like to read more detail, background and context about this. If it’s as straightforward and cut-and-dried as the tweet portrays, that’s horrendous.

But you have a sensationalist history of posting clickbait that is dishonest, so forgive me for casting a skeptical eye that this is what happened at face value.

Seriously, fuck off you accusing anyone else of being dishonest. Pot meet fucking kettle.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

This Karen must have grown up in a trailer where the only remaining VHS tape was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.     These types of morons have made filling public office so unpleasant that few with true good intentions of serving their fellow man will take the job.   Too often filled with people with agendas who have no moral compass, but are good at waxing over all the bad shit they do while polishing the knobs of those who employ them.  

Child-catcher.png

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Maybe read a little bit next time.

Among cases referred to juvenile court, the statewide average for how often children were locked up was 5%.

In Rutherford County, it was 48%.

Now fuck off 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I read the thread but not the article.  Does the article by chance say the proportion of black kids to white kids that get jailed.  Curious if this is a racial thing or something else.  Also, to me the whole detention center just looks like a business for the county.  Is there any way the judge and all those involved are making money with this thing or are they just doing this for god.

• Hook 'Em 3

Rutherford is not a backwater TN county. It’s the home of MTSU and a few car plants and increasingly Nashville commuters. There is still a rural feel to parts of it and it’s  a county or two north of where Nathan Bedford Forrest invented the Klan, but I’d liken it more to Wilco or Montgomery County than Deliverance country. 

so this a little bit but not a lot surprising. 35 years ago in Murfreesboro / Nashville this might not have made the news. Progress! 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So I read the thread but not the article.  Does the article by chance say the proportion of black kids to white kids that get jailed.  Curious if this is a racial thing or something else.  Also, to me the whole detention center just looks like a business for the county.  Is there any way the judge and all those involved are making money with this thing or are they just doing this for god.

Davenport makes 176000 a year. Duke 98k. They take kids from 39 counties at 175 a day. They are getting paid.

• Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Maybe read a little bit next time.

Among cases referred to juvenile court, the statewide average for how often children were locked up was 5%.

In Rutherford County, it was 48%.

Now fuck off 

TN gov could remove her today 

On 10/9/2021 at 10:41 AM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

That’s what I figured.  How illegal should it be for a judge to make money off of sending people to prison.  Kind of a conflict of interest, no.

Louisiana is known for it, and pretty sure other southern states.  

On 10/9/2021 at 8:30 AM, DonkeyCigars said:

Are you fist fucking kidding me?  Please give me your fucked up scenario of what would have made these arrests okay?  Goddamnit you're fucking horrible. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Here is the full article from ProPublica.  Beyond enraging.  They took a ten year old in handcuffs from a school not just for something that isn’t a crime— “criminal responsibility for another individual.”

She WASN’T EVEN PRESENT at the alleged crime scene. She was at a pizza party for her basketball team.

E.J. and C.C. sat and cried — E.J., who had tried to stop the fight, and C.C., who, as her sister had told Principal Garrett, was not even there. She had been at a pizza party, celebrating her basketball team’s championship.

https://www.propublica.org/article/black-children-were-jailed-for-a-crime-that-doesnt-exist

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 1

[Trumpmerica] Blah blah blah, America is the bestest country ever, there is no racism here, black people are just whiny welfare queens who don't want to work hard to succeed.  All they do is complain, when they should just obey orders and work harder.  [/Trumpmerica]

The absurdity of this whole thing is off the charts. If my young daughters stepped in to break up a fight between older boys, I’d be pissed. There’s little chance that works out well for them.

Outside of completely instigating the fight (e.g., lying and saying one of the guys had grabbed her ass or something), I just can’t fathom a rational reason to even consider any type of reprimand, and even that wouldn’t warrant putting them behind bars.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I’ll take my donkey apologies at any time…

This is what I said:

Yet, you have multiple mouth-breathing, idiots spazzing out with "I cAnT BeLiEvE U aRe OkAy Wit Dis!11eleven" because they can't read and are stupid human beings.

I could not have more explicitly stated that my beef was that IF TRUE this is Very Bad! and that my skepticism before reading this was because you, Pancho, have a very sensationalist history of posting reactionary stuff because you are a sensitive, liberal, low tier academic and that's just par for the course. 

Your thread you started implying a black man being lynched (which had to be updated and redacted because it was a mexcian guy committing suicide) is one example. Another more recent being your "Explain This" where you take the same format as this thread, which is posting a tweet that leaves out all context and relevant background which makes the headline look a lot more sensational that it really was.

For those reasons, along with your hyper-sensitivity to denying the term CRT could ever be or mean anything more than an esoteric definition found in academia, I've grown to view your posts with the eye of a skeptic. And if I were to ever start threads with obvious subtext and agenda I would say you and others should take the same exact posture. I don't do that or generally start threads (I guess you can skewer my NFT thread I started) because I don't have an agenda and I'm not a troll. I don't run from direct questions and try to respond in good faith to each and every "call out" or counter question and because I won't just tuck tail and run away but will respond in a manner consistent with my political views, I am living on borrowed time here.

Well, that in combination with the aforementioned idiotic morons who can't read and write and will neg because they are stupid, along with the 4 or 5 handles and their socks who are just sick and tired of my push back and just vehemently disagree with how I choose to believe and think.

All that said, you aren't wrong here. I read the tweetstorm and the article. It was really well done and really well written and it's a travesty. I don't know that I actually owe you an apology for being skeptical of things you post or thinking you aren't exactly the most honest poster on here, but it sounds like you would appreciate one:

I am sorry Pancho. You were right in your premise and your OP. It's horrible and it should be brought to light and thanks for starting the thread and brining attention to it.

I am sorry for the rest of this thread (at least those who aren't the 4-5 people who follow me around and necro-neg to try and be rid of me because I'm meddlesome) for not taking the 45 minutes to dive into the subject and read the long form article before posting. I was unnecessarily incendiary in this instance. It was game day and I was pre-occupied with TX/OU-- if I didn't have the time to dig in I should have just not said anything. Lesson learned.

Edit to add: I anticipate this response will be received well and this will be fun for me 😄

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 15