Let’s talk about how fucked up Tennessee is

Pancho

33 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

My gut reaction to these clips is that the Trump era is creating one hell of a bench nationally for the Democratic party.  As impressive as Jones was, I think Pearson may be topping him.

Agreed about Pearson being the best of the two.  But to be honest, I would take either one of them having my back as a representative.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:
  1 hour ago, Satchel said:

I detest protests, no matter which side of the issue they are on, nearly as much as I detest gun control.

Funny how they just pick and choose which Amendments are the important ones.

So he detests democracy?  Checks out

Overall this is a good thing for the Dems in Tennessee, it lights a fire under their ass to do something and get ppl to vote and registered. I hope money flows in and they get active in getting ppl registered and mad to vote.

I don’t know a damn thing about tenn politics but I do know that one of them should run for US Senate against the witch Marsha Blackburn, he is getting name recognition and that matters. He may not win but puts the Rs on defensive and gives a Ds a reason to vote. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

So, how many other states does something similar happen?  I have no idea of the rules and whatnot of other state legislative bodies, but you can be damn sure the GOP in those respective states are taking notes.

Like a quick-draw circular firing squad for most of us.

55 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The only 2 expelled were the Black reps.

because I know they are also looking, I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again about the TexAgs politics forum—it would be a shame if someone printed this thread out (and others) and sent it to every Black athlete at Texas Agricultural & Mechanical University as well as every Black recruit they have on their radar…

I’m not saying I have a ton of vacation days to burn, but I have a ton of vacation days to burn.

I believe eventually, that students, college & professional athletes, professors will all go on “strike” and refuse to “play ball” and just shut down playing/schooling  because of state actions of discrimination, books, and  wokeness crap….no more college or pro football, etc….to finally let some of these states’ leaders understand that this shit stops, or else.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Hopefully the Shelby Co Commission meets quickly and immediately reappoints both duly elected reps. This state is fucked with gerrymandered districts and the numbers coming in daily because of the politics they agree with and no state income tax.

Tennessee radical conservative caucus chair was on CNN a few minutes ago basically saying they were expelled because they were acting too uppity and weren’t genteel enough on the house floor—basically act how we want you to act [n-word joe].

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Grits teeth, clicks on link . . how stupid and racist can it be?  Well . . .

Place the involved politicians in jail without bail until trial. At said trial, sentence to the same amount of time as the J6 attendees.

APHIS AG

Republicans are finally fighting back against the antics and tactics that the Democrats have used to control and get what they want.
AgCat93

AG

Lived in Tennessee for 16 years.
Couldn't get away fast enough.
Wow. We're the opposite. Been here since 2009. I miss Texas, but I can't imagine we'll ever leave Tennessee. This country is going crazy, but Tennessee represents what this country used to be. All in my opinion

Bondag

AG

If it weren't for Aggie sports I would move in a second.

BattleCattle would like a word with them.  BattleCattle would set them straight.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I believe eventually, that students, college & professional athletes, professors will all go on “strike” and refuse to “play ball” and just shut down playing/schooling  because of state actions of discrimination, books, and  wokeness crap….no more college or pro football, etc….to finally let some of these states’ leaders understand that this shit stops, or else.

Member when Saban told everyone to get vaccinated? I member.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

"you want to be recognized, just pass a bill" says the dick in the super-majority.

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Tennessee radical conservative caucus chair was on CNN a few minutes ago basically saying they were expelled because they were acting too uppity and weren’t genteel enough on the house floor—basically act how we want you to act [n-word joe].

did he?  i fell asleep while he was filibustering.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

"you want to be recognized, just pass a bill" says the dick in the super-majority.

That guy is a real asshole. 

Also, 1985 called and wants its necktie back.

Edited by Bullneck

24 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

She is on fire tonight 

Elie is a dude.  And, I think the actions of the TN lege are a bit too overt to really qualify as CRT, or something CRT would criticize or expose.

CRT is really about the sub rosa stuff.

And yeah, "abject" was correct there.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Elie is a dude.  And, I think the actions of the TN lege are a bit too overt to really qualify as CRT, or something CRT would criticize or expose.

CRT is really about the sub rosa stuff.

And yeah, "abject" was correct there.

“Object lesson” is a thing

“abject” is often used as a modifier but rarely if ever would be used to modify “lesson”

”abject lesson” is a malaprop 

So the new narrative is because the two Reps in question were being disrespectful of decorum on the House floor?  

This is a chamber that didn't expel two Reps. for having a fucking shootout on the House Floor.  

I know the GOP thinks was a big win, but this is casting all kinda shitty light on southern 'conservatives.'  I didn't give fuck one about the Tennessee State Legislature.  None of them are gonna lose their seat over this, but like our Legislature-many of these folks have day jobs.  Most are law oriented or politically adjacent.  Some are in the finance sector.  That's where we come in.  

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

The only 2 expelled were the Black reps.

because I know they are also looking, I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again about the TexAgs politics forum—it would be a shame if someone printed this thread out (and others) and sent it to every Black athlete at Texas Agricultural & Mechanical University as well as every Black recruit they have on their radar…

I’m not saying I have a ton of vacation days to burn, but I have a ton of vacation days to burn.

I too have a lot of time on my hands.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BevoAbyss said:

And just think. The great University of Texas at Austin is aligning with this fascist BS across the board, joining the SEC confederate conference. Anyone who thinks the UT to SEC move is all about football/sports money is utterly naive. The gaslighting is working, apparently near 100%. It fits perfect with Texas politics run by MAGA-GQP. This was a (anti-woke?) cultural and ideological alignment mandated at the highest levels. BOR, BMDs, Abbott, etc. (above Hartzell and Del Conte). The move does not happen without Abbott, BOR, BMDs being 100% on-board. 

How can we proud alums of UT not see this as a regressive move for our university? Mind blowing. 

Yeah, it's just great we can now visit all the best the Ol South has to offer.  Columbia.  Tuscaloosa.  Fayetteville.  Starkville.  

But TV sets!  Makes it all worth it, eh?

Something triggered Cairn Horn.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

In April 1864, in what has been called "one of the bleakest, saddest events of American military history",[5] troops under Forrest's command at the Battle of Fort Pillow massacred hundreds of troops, composed of black soldiers and white Tennessean Southern Unionists fighting for the United States, who had already surrendered. Forrest was blamed for the slaughter in the U.S. press, and this news may have strengthened the United States's resolve to win the war. Forrest's responsibility for the massacre continues to be actively debated by historians.[6]

Forrest, who was a Freemason,[7] joined the Ku Klux Klan in 1867 (two years after its founding) and was elected its first Grand Wizard.

• Rage+1 2