Let’s talk about how fucked up Tennessee is

Pancho

14 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

I don't know how long Tennessee has been fucked up. But it is at least since the Texas Wishbone fucked up Tennessee 36-13 in the Cotton Bowl (January 1, 1969). 

I'd say since around the time Davy Crockett told them they could go to hell.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

So these are temporary seats and they have to run again in a special election? What a ridiculous waste of money. I just can't believe where our country has ended up in 2023. Just absolutely mind numbing stupidity/evil running rampant. I just don't get it, I think the simulation theory is legit.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/10/2023 at 6:00 PM, Ghost of LL said:

So great job, Tennessee GOP--you expelled two guys over a holiday weekend, and in the meantime you just generated hundreds of thousands of dollars (at least) for the Tennessee Democratic Party.  And you demonstrated yourselves to be feckless racists with no loyalty to democratic institutions or norms, only a lust for power outdone only by a desire to ensure that the darkies know their place.

Just a bang-up job all the way around.

the cherry on that shit sundae is that those reps were right back in the house less than a week later. Did they even miss a single vote?

48 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So these are temporary seats and they have to run again in a special election? What a ridiculous waste of money. I just can't believe where our country has ended up in 2023. Just absolutely mind numbing stupidity/evil running rampant. I just don't get it, I think the simulation theory is legit.

Yep. Just a total waste of money and time that could be spent on actually governing instead of playing dumb theatrical games.

5 hours ago, royiv said:

Where does one go to see a drag queen bite into a live, beating heart? Asking for a friend.

Austin has a pretty dark and bizarre performance drag history. Louisianna Purchase [sic], Lady Grackle, Cupcake, et al. have done some pretty wild things on a drag stage. Drag shows where minors are not permitted, obv, because people taking their kids to an adult drag show is something that doesn't happen

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, royiv said:

Yep. Just a total waste of money and time that could be spent on actually governing instead of playing dumb theatrical games.

Hell they spent 6 hours to vote to get rid of them because of a 20 minute delay in their day.   Republicans are all for government waste if it means they can own the libs.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Franklin, TN over a pride parade. 

Slight thread derail, not in TN but right here in Taylor goddamn Texas.  We actually had two Christmas parades last year, made all the local news, al the way up to the Washington Post and WSJ (read em if you have a sub).  Quick backstory:  2021 - local pride group wants to have a float in the xmas parade.  Parade is dually hosted by the city and the Taylor Area Ministerial Alliance (TAMA).  Pride group said on their application they were just going to have some marchers with flags, singing xmas carols.  Well, parade comes, group actually has a float with a drag queen lip synching Mariah Carey.  I will give them points off for that deception, kind of lit the kindling. 

Come 2022, TAMA changes the requirements on the entry form, says all entries must "represent wholesome family or Christian values".  Shots fired.  Pride gest upset, says they are being discriminated against, city says we can't legally discriminate against any group so we are pulling out of the parade, instead we'll have our own "Happy Holidays Festival" parade.  School groups etc get caught in the middle, so they all pull out, no band, no cheerleaders, no dance groups, etc.  So the solution?  Two parades - first, the holy rollers parade, then literally, a 1 minute gap, then the city parade with the fire trucks and civic leaders in convertibles, yada yada, and the pride group with 3 drag queens.  One of which was named Sidonya Face (love it!).  Cops lined the streets waiting for sit to go down, apparently it turned out pretty civil (we left town, didn't want to be anywhere near that shitshow).  Should be really interesting in a few months when pride month gets here and they want to shut down the main city block to have a festival again.  

• Drool 1

39 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Hell they spent 6 hours to vote to get rid of them because of a 20 minute delay in their day.   Republicans are all for government waste if it means they can own the libs.

Well, to be fair, a whole lot of uppity can be packed into 20 minutes.

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

Ah, one of the banjo states getting their racist behind the curtain politics aired front and center nation wide.  Bravo, losers, bravo. 

The Rock Clapping GIF

Uh, yeah. That's not going to play how you think it is. Those dudes just won reelection for life in that recording.

I'd put money on them being the ones that leaked it.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

Uh, yeah. That's not going to play how you think it is. Those dudes just won reelection for life in that recording.

Bingo. Open racism WINS votes, it doesn’t lose them. The banjo states have gone all-in on hate, and it’s working.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yep, this.  The message itself is your base's quiet part out loud.  Then you get to scream that the liberal media complex hacked and leaked it so as to make yourself out to be a victim to centre-right voters who may not agree with your racial stance but certainly don't appreciate private conversations being hacked and leaked in the name of privacy and first amendment.  Next time you wanna be fucking slick, be slicker than slick.  

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yep, this.  The message itself is your base's quiet part out loud.  Then you get to scream that the liberal media complex hacked and leaked it so as to make yourself out to be a victim to centre-right voters who may not agree with your racial stance but certainly don't appreciate private conversations being hacked and leaked in the name of privacy and first amendment.  Next time you wanna be fucking slick, be slicker than slick.  

They also self-aggrandized themselves about a dozen times as the last line of defense to save the Republic in their literal war against the radicals.

Though, I assume that's how they talk normally because they're fucking delusional assholes.

"Dad, please stop telling me how you're saving the Republic from leftist destruction. I'm trying to play Minecraft."

• Hook 'Em 1

Putting this here. It's TN, but honestly could be any state. There's so much wrong with this story. We've lost our way.

• Pregnant woman and friend shoplifting at Nashville Walgreens
  • Store employee films them and follows them out
  • Pregnant woman and friend mace the employee
  • Employee pulls gun, shooting the pregnant woman
  • Baby delivered via c-section.

https://newschannel5.com/news/pregnant-woman-accused-of-shoplifting-shot-by-walgreens-employee

59 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Putting this here. It's TN, but honestly could be any state. There's so much wrong with this story. We've lost our way.

• Pregnant woman and friend shoplifting at Nashville Walgreens
  • Store employee films them and follows them out
  • Pregnant woman and friend mace the employee
  • Employee pulls gun, shooting the pregnant woman
  • Baby delivered via c-section.

https://newschannel5.com/news/pregnant-woman-accused-of-shoplifting-shot-by-walgreens-employee

So how does that play out criminally?  Mace or pepper spray are non lethal. Can’t say you feared for your life because of it. 

On 4/13/2023 at 1:02 PM, Pancho said:

In their (limited) defense, this is the first time I've heard any justification for expelling Pearson and Jones and not Johnson.  And I suppose one cheer for Rep. Barrett, who is like "you dumb fucks copy-and-pasted the resolutions and charged her with a bunch of shit she didn't do, and I'm not voting for a bullshit resolution."  

I mean, it doesn't change the fact that Pearson's and Jones's expulsions were bullshit.  But it at least explains why at least one member who voted to expel them voted not to expel Johnson.

27 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0288d38baba648c9e988878402c719ef.jpeg

“government relations”

If you had only showed me her picture and I knew nothing else about her, I feel confident that I would guess that she was a lobbyist from Tennessee named Megan, just as I can easily pick out a real estate agent from the Dallas area.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

If you had only showed me her picture and I knew nothing else about her, I feel confident that I would guess that she was a lobbyist from Tennessee named Megan, just as I can easily pick out a real estate agent from the Dallas area.

Went to belmont too. She may have never left the state. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Genco said:

The speaker of the house is having quite the weekend.

I clicked on that link. Note that I've followed the news of the past three weeks in TN closer than I've ever followed anything in TN and I can only say one thing. One. Thing.

I'm kicking the next person in the crotch who uses the term "The Well."   I am so fucking tired of hearing about "The Well."   I get it: you TN people have a place where you talk about stuff in your big building downtown and you call it "The Well."  Don't refer to it anymore or Bullneck will kick you.  They sould name that checkerboard end zone at Neyalnd "The Well" so they might score a TD from time to time.  TN fooball will suck form this point forward.

(Special Edit: There's a good chnace I won't remember this post tomorrow.  I will now head downstairs for some fritos."

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1