Let’s talk about how fucked up Tennessee is

Pancho

If you live in fucking Nashville and you have a vacation house in Crossville (wherever the fuck that is, I'm not lookin it up), you're doing it wrong. 

If you live in Nashville and have a house in Grand Bahamas . .  . I can see that.

If you live in Nashville and have a house in Sun Valley . . . I can see that.

If you live in Nashville and have a house in Belize . . .  I can see that.

If you have a fucing house in Nashville and have a vacation house in some other place in TN you have something wrong with you.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

If you live in fucking Nashville and you have a vacation house in Crossville (wherever the fuck that is, I'm not lookin it up), you're doing it wrong. 

If you live in Nashville and have a house in Grand Bahamas . .  . I can see that.

If you have a fucing house in Nashville and have a vacation house in some other place in TN you have something wrong with you.  

I dunno… I wouldn’t mind a mountain chalet up in the Smoky Mountains. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

What if you got a really good deal on a time share out at Dollywood?

• Haha 3

The 

On 4/16/2023 at 6:51 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Anyone seeing these reports about Sexton from a legitimate source?

This Brian Manookian cat seems to be "on the right side," but lacks a lot of credbility.

It will be interesting to see what happens. There is nothing that says he can’t use his per diem to buy a house in Nashville. That part is overblown. Most of the more well off lawmakers have condos/houses in Nashville including all of the ones I know. They get their per diem based on where they actually live which offsets part of the cost like a per diem should. That part is also not an issue. The issue that will hang him is the wife/children and the school enrollment because that seems like it should change residency rather than show temporary status unless his speakership gets him around it which it should not. 

The affair is going to be an significant issue if it gets confirmed which it seems to have been based on the reaction to it coming out. This is going to be a solid FAFO moment it looks like. You better make sure your house is in order if you are going to make the National news cycle.

• Hook 'Em 1

If you really want to see how fucked up this legislature is, look at their political moves to try and take over the Nashville airport authority, Music City Center, the development boards for the stadiums, etc because they are pissed Nashville leadership spoke out against hosting the GOP convention. I think they lost round 1 with trying to require a reduction in the number of board members in Metro Nashville. It’s crazy at this point, they think they can just pass whatever laws they want to do whatever they want unchecked. They may be right.

That's insane.  If there hadn't been the shooting(s) there, or they had done this a few years ago like so many southern super-majorities...I'd just roll my eyes and think, "Yeah, par for the course."  But to do that while those little bodies are barely cold is beyond the pale even for them.  

Obviously they were under pressure to hurry it up to shield the manufacturer in this particular instance because I'm sure litigators are flooding into Nashville.  But I can assure them that this kinda pressure is nothing compared to the pressure a 9 year old feels trying to drag his shot friend under the desk so he doesn't keep getting filled with round after round after round after round after round after round.  

My 7 year old now knows that if you get shot once, you have to try to crawl or drag yourself to a makeshift barricade or hidden area.  You can't just lie there, and she also has to walk around with the knowledge that if it's a longer gun, best to lie there and play dead and wait for help instead of moving and taking more bullets.  

No human being should have that in their head.  Especially not a 7 year old trying to learn.  

Only workplace or public space left to shoot up is a gun manufacturer facility, I suppose.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

On 4/13/2023 at 4:03 PM, washparkhorn said:

Methinks he doth protest too much:

A1C4362A-F11C-4666-8834-9C96C4D6A4DD.jpeg.43810c1c88875432d7510d322e28de8d.jpeg

On 4/13/2023 at 9:03 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Man. Arkansas is ALL ABOUT IT. I mean, more power to them, but maybe just not be as big of a fuckhead state. 

Actually that was probably just people searching for gov  huckabeef. The fact that she looks like an ugly version of her dad in a wig it fucked up google's analytics

• Hook 'Em 1

Shocked, I am Shocked I tell you

A member of GOP leadership in the Tennessee House of Representatives was recently found guilty of sexually harassing at least one legislative intern, likely two, by an ethics subcommittee acting in secret.
Republican Rep. Scotty Campbell was a member who voted to expel the Tennessee Three. He resigned about six hours after being confrontedabout the allegations, according to Scripps News Nashville. 

Despite accusations of sometimes extremely vulgar comments and other inappropriate advances, Republicans did not remove the 39-year-old East Tennessee lawmaker from his leadership position nor his committee assignments.
Still, just hours after being asked about the allegations by a Scripps News Nashville reporter, Campbell gave up his seat in the Tennessee General Assembly.
But taxpayers are paying for his actions. Potentially thousands of dollars have been spent to protect one victim, relocating her from the downtown apartment building where she and Campbell both had apartments, shipping her furniture back home to another part of the state, and placing her in a downtown hotel for the remainder of her internship.
Legislative officials refused to say how much they've paid out, saying that information is confidential.

• Hook 'Em 3

• 4 weeks later...

Watch when he turns to his left and puts his hand up and pivots his shoulders.  He was a mili-second away from saying "I'm not gonna answer the N's question" but at the very last instant, the part of his brain that remembered he was on TV switched it to "...his question"