[Game Thread] Texas vs. ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

Just a terrible job by the coaching staff unable to bring that win home. At the same time this team just isn’t very good and won’t be for years. I’m starting to agree with others that if we don’t start cheating like all the rest this team is simply going to be mediocre until most of the posters on this board are dead. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Bijan really got kinda shut down in the second half and even parts of the first half.  If not for that 50 yarder he had, it was a very mediocre game for him.

Only ~30 yards in the second half.  

Should have played two RB's at the same time on a bunch of plays and kept the running game going.

Some better blocking would have helped him out a lot.

Looking forward to a better Oline next year.

And running out the rest of this year to finish 10-2 + we'll see what happens in a bowl game.

I think we're getting better and can make a run at the big 12 title and maybe see OU Sucks again before the year is out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

Bijan really got kinda shut down in the second half and even parts of the first half.  If not for that 50 yarder he had, it was a very mediocre game for him.

Should have played two RB's at the same time on a bunch of plays and kept the running game going.

And running out the rest of this year to finish 10-2 + we'll see what happens in a bowl game.

I think we're getting better and can make a run at the big 12 title and maybe see OU Sucks again before the year is out.

That's not on Bijan. He had no room to run.

Fuck all ya'll. The team played its ass off. The coaches coached their ass off.  It's stinks losing to OU, but the coaches literally schemed their way to almost winning that game.

Our 2 biggest playmaker are a true freshman wide receiver and a sophomore running back.  

We have an oline that is held together by bailing wire.

And a new defense that is making due with I'll fitting parts from the previous regime. 

Again it sucks to lose this one, but the team and coaches showed a hell of a lot to like.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Total coaching loss.   Run on the first in that drive where Casey got sacked at at worst it’s ot

This was completely a coaching loss.  When you have a big lead, not matter how it happens, you SHUT THEM DOWN.

Far it from me to suggest we hired the wrong guy (again), but that Lincoln dude can coach.

The score was 41- 23 Texas with 2:45 left in the 3rd quarter.

OU scored 31 points in the final 17:45.

This is on PK and the shitty defense.

The offense was overall shit in the second half as well, but 48 fucking points should be enough for the win.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

The superior coaching staff made adjustments.

The inferior one rested on their laurels.

Not really complicated.

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

So who get's the OU MVP award? ... Texas OL or the Stripes? I'll say the OL by a cunt hair.

Officials had a pre-game script that the used to perfection.  Ignore everything done by opponent, allow illegal touching, don't review fumbles for Texas,  and during the middle of the 4th call a couple of penalties to give the illusion of a fair game, and then go back to ignoring it the rest of the way.   

• Hook 'Em 3

We have one LB who is worth a shit. One. The rest of them are not even JAG’s.

We have no rush off the edges.

Coburn is just a big fat guy. Broughton and Collins have potential but they’re just kids and need to grow. 

Our DB’s can’t find the ball in the air, and nobody at any level is a sure tackler. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

The thing is, it’s much easier to shut down a RB than a QB or even a WR. Good defenses are going to take him away like Arkansas did and OU more or less did in this game. 

• Hook 'Em 1