[Game Thread] Texas vs. ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

1 minute ago, Aces_Full said:

Texas loses no momentum???  LOL you’re retarded.  This COULD have been a big boost in recruiting.  Instead it’s same old same old.  

The worst collapse I’ve seen, & I’ve seen a bunch of them.  

Outside of calling people retarded.  I assure you any kid that was considering Tx was not turned off.  

regarded* is the proper use…you stupid fucking cock munching douchebag

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’m not content. You just blew the biggest lead in this games history. We can try and excuse it away with excuses and we have some good ones. But it’s a bad loss. We didn’t lose in a back and forth game we lost choking away a huge lead.

Don’t be such a pussy

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Doc.Pringles said:

Why do we even waste money on a football team at this point? Is it possible to invest worse?

UT has to be the biggest joke of any sports team that has ever existed. What an absolute embarrassment.

How'd you enjoy 77-0 in the fucking third quarter, aggy?

Run along now, we just lost a heart breaker to a great team and rival. That's something you've rarely achieved going into a game with Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Everybody is slobbering over Manning in recruiting but we haven’t had a defense worth a fuck in over 10 years. Better start finding guys that can tackle. Same shit different year. 48 points should win games I don’t care who you play. I told someone at half time 52 may win it. I was wrong. But fuck it. Win out. Go 10-2. Everyone would take that in Sark’s first year. Getting shit pushed in in one loss and then shitting the bed in another is just hard to watch. Win out, win the rematch, profit. I’m drinking cold beer now.  Peace out. 🤘🏻

Of we have the 2011, 2013 (after Gurg repair), 2014, 2017 defense today, we win by 2-3 TDs. This might be the worst defense since the 90s. _iaz 2012 and Strong 2015 units are comparable.

50 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

Don’t know if this was a hold or face mask or both, according to the refs, neither

BD7112E5-D2C8-48BA-828F-6D0628C8E721.jpeg

every single one of OUsuck big plays was from blatant holding, or multiple holds down field, and toward the end of the game they just started grabbing face masks left and right knowing it wasn't in the officials script to call it against them.   Hell, their great catch by mimms was only because of OPI by mimsey and the oline holding and taking down the d-line.  I guess if you push the defender to the ground it is easy to make a circus catch.  The idiot announcers were focused on flopping shoe strings.  instead of the obvious penalties being ignored yet again.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Longhornstampede said:

The defense was worn out. They couldn't keep up with OUs athletes. Completely gassed. Is our strength and conditioning coach a coked out Chris Farley?

shit even when we had Wiley doing our S&C in the early Strong years, we had players getting gassed early and getting conditioning injuries left and right. Not sure why it is, but our team has been whimpy for over a decade across three different head coaches.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

shit even when we had Wiley doing our S&C in the early Strong years, we had players getting gassed early and getting conditioning injuries left and right. Not sure why it is, but our team has been whimpy for over a decade across three different head coaches.

Our team wasn’t “wimpy” under Herman. It was beyond stupid, but they were physical. Just ask Georgia.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Everybody is slobbering over Manning in recruiting but we haven’t had a defense worth a fuck in over 10 years. Better start finding guys that can tackle. Same shit different year. 48 points should win games I don’t care who you play. I told someone at half time 52 may win it. I was wrong. But fuck it. Win out. Go 10-2. Everyone would take that in Sark’s first year. Getting shit pushed in in one loss and then shitting the bed in another is just hard to watch. Win out, win the rematch, profit. I’m drinking cold beer now.  Peace out. 🤘🏻

OU under Riley laughs at that thought... Routinely.

22 minutes ago, Somnio said:

When the second half started, and we exchanged field goals I thought the win was in the bag.

Texas was up 18 points with less than three minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Then the worst collapse I've ever seen transpired.  Texas defense proceeded to get gashed for 31 points in the final 17 minutes or so.

Not that the offense was impressive, but they did manage to score another TD.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but 48 points should be enough to win.  Sure, there are legitimate criticisms regarding play calling, and special teams.

However, the defense gave up almost 700 yards of offense, and over 50 points.  They gave up big play after big play.  The defensive coaches and players cost Texas this game.

defense was fine.  Refs were handing out free yards and extending drives for OU and giving us shit field position was the story of the game.   We knew this year's officiating was going to be horrible and heavily biased against us.  The only reason OU was in that game was from officials.  Otherwise it was a blowout loss for them.  

1 hour ago, ATXbronco said:

Bijan really got kinda shut down in the second half and even parts of the first half.  If not for that 50 yarder he had, it was a very mediocre game for him.

Only ~30 yards in the second half.  

Should have played two RB's at the same time on a bunch of plays and kept the running game going.

Some better blocking would have helped him out a lot.

Looking forward to a better Oline next year.

And running out the rest of this year to finish 10-2 + we'll see what happens in a bowl game.

I think we're getting better and can make a run at the big 12 title and maybe see OU Sucks again before the year is out.

I'm no football genius, but I've watched enough to know that if you can pressure the QB no matter your defensive formation, you can afford to focus on shutting down a the run or even a great runner.

We scored 48 points, and that's great, but what about the second half? Thompson stands bravely in the pocket. He deserves more than 1.5 seconds to find a receiver and throw.

So much of an offense is crippled if not a single part of the OL is reliable. Did Herman put chemical castrator meds in the watery scrambled eggs? So many of our OL seem not only bad but tame.

Tough loss. They're QB is lucky as fuck with his two toss-up long passes and recovering his own fumbles. He's also talented, but some of that stuff could have blown up in his face.

I listened on the radio and heard Ojomo saying that they have to stop counters. Nice idea. 

10 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

In PK's career as a defensive coordinator this game was the most yards per carry, Arkansas was his third worst yds/carry

I remember hearing he ran defenses with two on the D-Line and thinking WTF?!? Teams are gonna run for 350 yards on us.

was at the game so it was hard to tell.  where did the refs obviously fuck us?  that first play OU made looked like the guys stepped out of bounds.

I really thought with sark we might start get holding called on OU or at least coach our guys to hold but I guess not based on the comments.  Why don't we teach our line to hold also?