[Game Thread] Texas vs. ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

Been doing this a long time. These games always suck dick.  I hate having to deal with the ousucks fans living in Dallas after one of these losses...they are insufferable cunts. But...this is what happens when we let 19yo's determine our happiness on Saturdays in the Fall.  (little shits)

One good thing to come out of this game is that Powder got sat.  Never liked that douche ever since he gave Horns Down when he signed with the dirt burglars.

One bad thing to come out of this game is that #13 is now QB1 at ousucks.  He good.  

In general, this game is why we can't have nice things.

• Hook 'Em 2

I really want to see the instinctive kill shot that we always miss. I think Sark can fix it but there has to be the want and ability to just bury the opposing team. I don't think it is there yet because we haven't done that much so the boys don't know what it feels like. It's ok to completely skull fuck your enemies and hear the lamentations of their women.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, vox said:

Been doing this a long time. These games always suck dick.  I hate having to deal with the ousucks fans living in Dallas after one of these losses...they are insufferable cunts. But...this is what happens when we let 19yo's determine our happiness on Saturdays in the Fall.  (little shits)

One good thing to come out of this game is that Powder got sat.  Never liked that douche ever since he gave Horns Down when he signed with the dirt burglars.

One bad thing to come out of this game is that #13 is now QB1 at ousucks.  He good.  

In general, this game is why we can't have nice things.

Insufferable Cunts should be their mascot.  Win or lose.

In this era of wokeness, we need to quit being racist and play this God damn game at night. In the fucking Cotton Bowl. No reason this game should be played at 11am... or 2:30 on a good year. I'm sure they can put more police in the area to prevent the rapes and murders.

4 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Which one of you was this?

that's not a Surly.  a Surly would have said "Hi Kurt, Vince was better than Reggie Bush" and kept walking.  certainly wouldn't have wasted 10min you can never get back talking to him.

• Hook 'Em 1

In this era of wokeness, we need to quit being racist and play this God damn game at night. In the fucking Cotton Bowl. No reason this game should be played at 11am... or 2:30 on a good year. I'm sure they can put more police in the area to prevent the rapes and murders.

Good lord
  • Hook 'Em 1

Sorry, I just woke up. Aggies won?

But today why no jet sweeps, why no Ro-Cat to spice up our offense with the pressure that they were getting? It's like we thought we were comfortable with the lead and thought we could let the game play out with a heavy dose of Bijan up the middle and 3rd and long passes. I know this weighs heavy on the defense, but all gas, no brakes mean we stay creative on offense.

Take out the Xavier desperation touchdown tying score, we put up 3 fucking second half points.

It’s crazy to say that the offense failed us when we put up 48 points, but I think it’s the truth. We had way too many 3-4 plays drives consecutively in the 3rd and 4th quarters which forced our defense to be on the field for ~25 more plays than the OU defense. Our starting front 7 are not world beaters to begin with, it becomes a big problem when they are gassed. All we needed to do was score a TD at some point during the 3Q and keep momentum from completely swinging. And even with the offensive failures, OU took 3-4 true miracle plays along with a massive helping from officials to pull it off. 

Both of our lines basically suck. This is understood. But I think that we have a CHANCE to win out and make the title game. It’s going to take continued high level play tomorrow Casey and Bijan, plus at least competent play on the OL and DL but all is not lost at this point in the season. Vegas had our win total at 7.5 to start the year. If we can get 9 or 10 regular season wins, I would say the year is a success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auto Driller said:

It’s crazy to say that the offense failed us when we put up 48 points, but I think it’s the truth. We had way too many 3-4 plays drives consecutively in the 3rd and 4th quarters which forced our defense to be on the field for ~25 more plays than the OU defense. Our starting front 7 are not world beaters to begin with, it becomes a big problem when they are gassed. All we needed to do was score a TD at some point during the 3Q and keep momentum from completely swinging. And even with the offensive failures, OU took 3-4 true miracle plays along with a massive helping from officials to pull it off. 

Both of our lines basically suck. This is understood. But I think that we have a CHANCE to win out and make the title game. It’s going to take continued high level play tomorrow Casey and Bijan, plus at least competent play on the OL and DL but all is not lost at this point in the season. Vegas had our win total at 7.5 to start the year. If we can get 9 or 10 regular season wins, I would say the year is a success.

Hey man, I will say it is human nature or something, as I witnessed 'taking the foot off the gas' vs both Kansas State & Iowa State last year for OU...
When you get so far ahead that you think the game is over (with a three score lead) it's harder to get amped back up when you see it close again..?

5 minutes ago, FOXHOUND said:

So, now that we slept it off, how is everyone doing this morning?

Well...  SWA cancelled my fucking flight back to Houston,  so that's a kick in the nuts i didnt need.   Hopefully one of our friends that drove is still here so we can get a ride home.

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

The Simpsons Depression GIF

10 minutes ago, FOXHOUND said:

So, now that we slept it off, how is everyone doing this morning?

I think Yogi Berra had football in mind when he said "Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical."

1 minute ago, AnTiM said:

I think Yogi Berra had football in mind when he said "Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical."

In my head there is an echo of the motivational speaker in The Natural.

"Losing is a disease. As contagious as...."

One of the most logical and reasoned responses this morning was an old dirtburglar noob with 2 rep.

This too shall pass, but it sure does suck right now.

6 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I said after he ran that touchdown, if Riley doesn’t bench rattler for this cocksucker he’s a fool.

consolation prize:  5* spencer rattler seeing the foreboding reality of having to transfer to Oral Roberts University because he's getting booed on by the fans and outplayed by a freshman