Alabama at Texas Agricultural & Mechanical University - 7pm on CBS

Pancho

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

It's why we watch. 

Ole Miss and Mississippi State pull off victories like this once every 10 years, too. Ags were dialed in for their biggest game of the year.

If Calzada (despised by Aggies just a few hours ago) can keep up what he showed tonight, Jimbo may have found a solution to his QB problem. 

Jimbo generally wins games he should and loses games he should. They're not the number six team in the country. They're not where they thought they were. Further, their graduating defense leaves them in a problem next year.

Jimbo could be called a hell of a coach had he defeated one of the two teams he lost to in the last two weeks. His pay says he's the second best coach in the nation. Does anyone believe that to be the case? Herman was great in bowl games. Where should we rate him?

It will be interesting to see how they do next week a Mizzou.   That game now says letdown all over it now.  Before today, I actually had aggy winning it.  One of three including the PVAM they should be favored.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

"Look at me guys , the enlightened football fan who just wants to see a good game and has 0 long term vision for the team I supposedly root for" Do you not understand that Texas recruits the same players A&M does and this is a zero sum game, Aggy winning this game changes the entire narrative for their season and makes our return just that much harder. I bet you would cheer for Aggy to win the national championship cause gosh golly thats just a good story.

Is this you?

4 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

It will be interesting to see how they do next week a Mizzou.   That game now says letdown all over it now.  Before today, I actually had aggy winning it.  One of three including the PVAM they should be favored.   

Mizzou is terrible...no way aggy loses to them.....but...who knows.

2 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

The only letdown will be for anyone who thinks Mizzou can win.  They are ass, my dude.

25 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

Why are y’all freaking out? They still lost to 2 shitty teams and will lose a few more. Bama was caught with their pants down and will win out so this win is ultimately meaningless. Sucks for aggy because they would probably be the new #1 if they were undefeated lmao.

Plus, aggy is going to get throttled in Oxford.

11 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Missouri is grade-A ass.  They got fucking trucked by Tennessee.

29 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

They gave up 62 points to Tennessee at home. Their schedule is insanely favorable this year. Hangover games against Missouri and South Carolina who are two of the worst teams in FBS. Amazing that they their first road game of the year will be in week 7. 

26 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I expected the rout everybody else did. I wanted Bama to win. I can't deny Calzada's guts and accuracy. I can't deny the playing out of their minds level of the Aggie D.

I love college football. I hadn't reacted to a loss by Texas in a long time in the way that I was demoralized this afternoon.

Now, I'm more detached. There is no fault in the Texas effort. Ouch, but it was great college football. We're on the right track.

In the A&M effort, I wanted Bama to win. A&M pulled off the kind of miracle victory that a middling team does every so often. Frankly, it's who they are. It was intense, and I enjoyed watching. It also points out what a wild year it is. Who knows who will be number one at the end?

We may get another shot at OU. A&M will play out their string, not win anything because they lost to a pretty good Arkansas team and a crappy MSU team.

I live it game to game. Let's see how the Longhorns bounce back Saturday. I'm still enthused.

Hook 'em, my friends.

Bama 100% deserved to lose tonight. Absolute dogshit performance and execution, their offensive scheme is pedestrian. Gutsy performance by Calzada. On some level I am happy for the kid, but you are right, College football is bananas. I love it and hate it. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, veritas aequitas said:

Uh, how does bama make the playoff losing to aggy? Well we know they probably will but really?

Because when it comes to college football, the last thing the playoff committee sees carries a lot of weight so if Bama beats an undefeated Georgia in the SEC title game, they’re in.  And I’ll expand on that: does anyone think Iowa is going to enter a Big Ten championship game against Ohio State, Michigan, or even a healthy Penn State game favored?  Get ready for an undefeated Iowa (and their remaining schedule is cake) to provide all the boost a 1-loss Big Ten East champion needs to make the playoff

Edited by Steelers Roll Left

28 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Because when it comes to college football, the last thing the playoff committee sees carries a lot of weight so if Bama beats an undefeated Georgia in the SEC title game, they’re in.  And I’ll expand on that: does anyone think Iowa is going to enter a Big Ten championship game against Ohio State, Michigan, or even a healthy Penn State game favored?  Get ready for an undefeated Iowa (and their remaining schedule is cake) to provide all the boost a 1-loss Big Ten East champion needs to make the playoff

Iowa is dropping one before the title game. 

This is just setting up the best aggy rollercoaster drop in history. They’re back to “show me a loss” and they think calzone is the guy. “Today” will be over this week to everyone but aggy who will be talking about this win in the stands losing to mizzou nextweek, watching YouTube replays of the game down 21-17.

Hell texags will be live doing interviews with the milkmen from the sidelines weeks from now asking how they felt as they beat bama even during another two game losing streak. 

thisnis what they love for, beating bama like they did 9 years ago and it did nothing to change who they are.

• Like 1