This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

Just now, Gidnik said:

no adjustments to the second half. 

OU adjusted to exploit the profound suckage of our OL.

We can't keep out OU's rush long enough to give Thompson time to throw. We can't rely on Bijan because they have spare guys to protect against the run instead of worrying about a deep pass.

Fuck this thread.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, RomaVicta said:

It really is that simple. A couple of breaks could have gone our way, but they didn't.

Talent. Talent. Talent.

I imagine the game was exciting enough for many of the recruits we had there to want to be a part of it.  I believe the talent will come.

Absolutely.  I enjoyed that game as a fan and we lost.  These recruits absolutely had a blast in that environment and guess what, most of our targets aren’t exactly considering ou outside of Campbell.  The offense producing is going to be big with Evan Stewart, Johntay Cook, and Owens.  If  Casey keeps having 5 TD games…. We’re probably the favorites for Manning. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

did you really think we had this game won? really?    man I didn't

After up 28-7, any coach worth his pay would have won that game. OU had absolutely zero going on at that time. Sark is not that kind of coach who smells blood and buries an opponent. As a HC that is. Don't give a damn what he did as an OC, that was not his team. This is his team. Herman did this same shit in 2018 but he snuck by with a win.

Sark will be another Herman. Underwhelming. Might beat OU once in a nailbiter and lost the rest.

The fact you were not confident being up 21 tells the state of the program is in. We are stuck in a universe of mediocrity. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, nineliveslost said:

up 21 ...uhhh yea. We have never lost a game up 21 

so that's what you were thinking during the game, we've never lost up 21 so this is over?  I was thinking we're lucky as fuck being up this much because we've had a wide receiver screen go for a 70 yard td when we haven't had a wide receiver screen work for 10 yards in 12 years, we blocked a punt which gave us a td and we hit a long pass which we haven't been able to do all year. It was fool's gold.

Just now, hookem48 said:

so that's what you were thinking during the game, we've never lost up 21 so this is over?  I was thinking we're lucky as fuck being up this much because we've had a wide receiver screen go for a 70 yard td when we haven't had a wide receiver screen work for 10 yards in 12 years, we blocked a punt which gave us a td and we hit a long pass which we haven't been able to do all year. It was fool's gold.

any average defense would have won that game up 3 freaking scores

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Sark made some questionable decisions today (lack of carries for 2 other RB's, letting Casey air it out, etc), but he also inherited a shitty roster, so I'm not ready to judge him yet. Same with PK now that I've cooled off. It's hard to do shit when you have Brock and Bush in. What's up with Richardson, Gbenda, and Ford? Like someone else said, Luke has a great football IQ, but has the athleticism of an FCS player. Bush...he's just fucking awful. Same for Schooler and Foster. Foster being the most surprising considering he's been here 4 fucking years and hasn't progressed in the least. 

Broughton was a non-factor, Collins showed some ability, Coburn is...I don't know, honestly. Ojomo is good in spurts, but he's still a 13 year old boy. Our DB's are so bad outside of JT and occasionally Shark. Dunn is not good. Jerrin seems like he'll progress well. Nit sure what happened to Adimora. He looked decent last year. 

The end of the 1st half was an absolute train wreck. We played for the FG. We let so much time come off the clock at the end. We had no cut throat mentality to bury these fucks. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

After up 28-7, any coach worth his pay would have won that game. OU had absolutely zero going on at that time. Sark is not that kind of coach who smells blood and buries an opponent. As a HC that is. Don't give a damn what he did as an OC, that was not his team. This is his team. Herman did this same shit in 2018 but he snuck by with a win.

Sark will be another Herman. Underwhelming. Might beat OU once in a nailbiter and lost the rest.

The fact you were not confident being up 21 tells the state of the program is in. We are stuck in a universe of mediocrity. 

I'll never be confident until we start getting olineman that aren't 6 year projects and hope we get lucky on a couple every 15 years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nineliveslost said:

I would argue we have talent but lack talent development over the last 4 years. How many times did O FUCKING U finishe ahead of us in recruiting?

Our best WR outside of freshman Worthy is Whittington and he wouldn’t start at ou.  Casey wasn’t even offered by Riley.  They trot out 5 star QBs as their back ups that make nfl throws to dominant WRs like Mims and Haselwood.   Brooks is a talented RB.  Stogner will be playing on Sundays.  We have Bijan and a freshman WR that is barely getting adjusted to D1 football.  And ou has 100% recruited better than us on offense.  That’s not even a question.  They get the best QB almost every year and get 5 star WRs every year.  The only position we have out recruited them in is RB and that’s only because of Bijan.

5 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

any average defense would have won that game up 3 freaking scores

Any average HC and supposedly offensive guru would have made the adjustments in the 2nd half. We have a shitty OL yet the play calls the whole half was that of us having a lock down OL. this offense trended downwards after the 1st qtr. Especially the 2nd half. When the big plays disappeared, this offense had no idea how to keep a drive going. Had we even strung together some first downs and flipped field position in the 2nd half with any consistency, this would have been an easy win.

After the 1st qtr, this was a slow, painful death with OU putting the last stake in our hearts to end it. It's the equivalent of a boxer coming out with haymakers in the first few rounds. Catching their opponent off guard. But used all their energy there and had zero answer how to maintain that momentum going forward. And that opponent just wore them down and exposed every single one of their flaws.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Our best WR outside of freshman Worthy is Whittington and he wouldn’t start at ou.  Casey wasn’t even offered by Riley.  They trot out 5 star QBs as their back ups that make nfl throws to dominant WRs like Mims and Haselwood.   Brooks is a talented RB.  Stogner will be playing on Sundays.  We have Bijan and a freshman WR that is barely getting adjusted to D1 football.  And ou has 100% recruited better than us on offense.  That’s not even a question.  They get the best QB almost every year and get 5 star WRs every year.  The only position we have out recruited them in is RB and that’s only because of Bijan.

What's nuts is I think Mims was a 3*, too. Their WR coach is easily top 3 best in the business. We have Andre fucking Coleman. Lulz 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

ok Mr. facts man. but what about over all recruitment over the last 4 years . 

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

What's nits is I think Mims was a 3*, too. Their WR coach is easily top 3 best in the business. We have Andre fucking Coleman. Lulz 

Yup!  Andre Coleman is fucking terrible when it comes to recruiting and our WRs have not improved under him so I’m not sure what that says about his coaching.

• Like 1

Just now, Aces_Full said:

4th & 1 with a new QB and BJ Foster absolutely whiffs on a pedestrian tackle leading to a 66 yard TD.  

That was when the momentum shifted.  

It shows you just how bad Tyler Owens is.  We moved our back up WR to safety and he’s starting…. This defense relies on two walkons for playing time as well.  Herman left a lot of holes on this roster.  

8 minutes ago, Eggo said:

We may be the worst fan base in America. Philly Eagles might be worse, but it's close.

So if I bring batteries to the pokes game, you think we can top Philly? 

And for the rest of you.... Here's a prescription to divide amongst yourselves.

original.jpg

Life is too short to stroke out on UT football. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Sorry, Sark, but fuck you. 

I officially abandon UT athletics.

I’m not sure anyone associated with UT athletes has a clue how to do their job. They just raise prices every year and call themselves “marketers.” 

2005-2021= much humiliation.

The players now get paid huge money and not a one of them could pray to be qualified for the big money position of sniffing Lincoln Riley’s jock. 

Sorry, UT athletics, Its not just that you can’t deliver anything but loses, it’s just that you are losers.

In the end, Randolph Duke is just another self-important, "Look at me!" little bitch. What a shocking and completely unexpected development.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

We’re the worst because we get mad we just blew the biggest lead in this rivalries history? lol ok.

I think we're all mad, but not every single loss is cause for complete meltdown. 

Edited by Eggo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

This loss to ou our biggest game? If this doesn’t qualify for a meltdown then what does in your book? 

• Losing to Kansas.
  • Being shut out by Iowa State.
  • Getting embarrassed in South Bend.
  • 59 yards of offense against Arkansas in the Texas Bowl.
  • A losing season. 
  • Dropping 41-7 to BYU at home.
  • Rage+1 3

29 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

The end of the 1st half was an absolute train wreck. We played for the FG. We let so much time come off the clock at the end. We had no cut throat mentality to bury these fucks. 

I think you'd be surprised by how much this isn't a mentality on any level of football anymore.

Analytics and such.

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

I hate our bitchass fanbase. Fuck! Our Horns played ball hard against a good sooner team. Hell, we made them change QB!  But we have lots of issues that recruiting well will have to fix. We know this. Today was an exercise in a weaker team playing great ball above their heads to win against a better team and we came out short. Fuck all you limp dick bastards that are calling out the coach or the team for falling short after a damn good fucking try. Eat shit and die in a fire. Neg away you limp dick incels.

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I think you'd be surprised by how much this isn't a mentality on any level of football anymore.

Analytics and such.

I honestly would expect Analytics to indicate that better time management in those situations would lead to more wins. 

but, I don’t have access to the accumulated data.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Analytics and such.

Not really.  Riley is a total pussy too.  And he’s ‘modern’ like Sark...great analytics dudes.  Sometimes you need people who would rather kill themselves vs losing.  Jordan/Saban…

17 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

I would argue we have talent but lack talent development over the last 4 years. How many times did O FUCKING U finishe ahead of us in recruiting?

This, to me is a huge part of it. Very hard to come in to an existing situation and correct years of shitty habits/development over what amounts to a short time (in football development terms). I am still convinced we are on the right track. We’ve been battered for so long a lot of us have forgotten the amount of work that goes into building up a team that will be a title contender on the regular..

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

I bet you wear a mask everywhere and worry about catching a virus that has a 99.8% survival rate

You’d bet wrong.

Despite the fact that I’m in a covid ICU watching COVID pts slowly die on ECMO, I’m still not wearing a mask.

Edited by lilMAC25

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

Y'all are fucking pussies, and crying and blaming the coach because you're fucking idiot fuckfaces that have cognitive capacities similar to a fucking amoeba. 

The fact is that Sark took a team with  clearly inferior players, opened up a lead, but was undone because he has shit options at OLine and a dearth of athleticism on defense. 

I'd twll you to stop being fucking losers with shitty understandings of what it takes to win football games, but you're fucking morons, and that's what morons do. 

Xavier didn’t look very inferior brah.

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

God damn.  The Molotov cocktail is just what was needed.  JFC

SurlyHorns “WE SHOULDNT MELTDOWN”

Also SurlyHorns “IDIOTIC INSULTS BASED ON ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BECAUSE WE DISAGREE WITH WHAT THE POSTER SAID”

Narrator: It was indeed a meltdown, but the people insisting that no meltdown should occur were not cognizant of the fact that they were the ones melting down.