This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

Just now, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I'm on the Sark Train.

When they were up big, they played like it was 0-0.

When the tide turned, they steadied the keel, trusted the man next to them, and punched back. I like that in a team. 

If half a season is the pressure point for some to pull the rip cord, I can understand.

I'm going to stock up on popcorn. 

Wtf is this? They failed to stem the tide. They were fortunate to get in that drive where we tied it, but it never really felt like we were in control near the end of the 3rd quarter.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, maninblack said:

@Atticus @Eggo and of course that Yankee bitch motherfucker @Helobious can lick my balls. Pussies

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Not sure why people like you want to make every little thing political nowadays.

Getting owned by Helobious is pretty embarrassing, man. As bad as all the bitchmade posts today. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I'm on the Sark Train.

When the tide turned, they steadied the keel, trusted the man next to them, and punched back. I like that in a team. 

If half a season is the pressure point for some to pull the rip cord, I can understand.

I’m not pulling any ripcord. I want him to prove me wrong.

His HC record after 87 games indicates that it’s unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Wtf is this? They failed to stem the tide. They were fortunate to get in that drive where we tied it, but it never really felt like we were in control near the end of the 3rd quarter.

I would define the strike to Worthy for 6 after his fumble to tie the game as stemming the tide.

• Hook 'Em 1

Some of you are bitch made. Fact of the matter is we have some dudes on offense but no dudes on defense. Whether Sark fixes that by next season through either recruiting or player development will determine if he is successful here. Beat Ok state next week and I’ll be happy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I think we should’ve won this game today. At the same time I don’t think Sark is the wrong guy or the season is doomed. Anything worse than 8-4 would still be a shock, 9-3 not out of the question at all. It’s a rivalry game, crazy shit happens. That Williams kid came in and made some unreal throws. Mims catch was insane. They got some calls. Them’s is the breaks in sports. 

This kind of a loss in the bowl game or next year onward would be a much bigger concern. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Pigbenis said:

Some of you are bitch made. Fact of the matter is we have some dudes on offense but no dudes on defense. Whether Sark fixes that by next season through either recruiting or player development will determine if he is successful here. Beat Ok state next week and I’ll be happy. 

That OL is a fucking joke. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I am not one to say that this game is who Sark is, but I will also not ignore the body of work. He record is very pedestrian, and is awful against top 25 opponents. And did I see that this was the first loss in school history while having a 21 point lead?

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Gotcha. The premise of your thread sounded conclusive. 

He’s still got years to turn it around at Texas. Will he? I doubt it, based on his history.

I, however, am not (nor did I at any point in this thread) calling for him to be fired.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Weirdly, I'm already over this loss. Probably because I've come to expect it.

I like Sark, but he's got a way to go before I think he's any better than his records at UW and USC indicate. 

I’m at the age the losses don’t bug me. I’ve moved on to OSU next week

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I'm on the Sark Train.

The tide started to turn well before OU tied this game. they did nothing to stop the tide from turning. And when they did, it was too late. they did the exact opposite. OU came down from 21 down and tied it up. And what did we do? Run out a kickoff 7 yards deep. Fumble. OU scores the next  play. Game over. Sure, we tied the game up but did anyone think we were going to win that game? this team died a slow death after going up 28-7 in the 1st qtr. You can talk yourself into this was some moral victory. But that is aggy stuff. This was an absolutely terrible loss in so many aspects. We were not even close to being ready for when OU gained traction. Both sides of the ball went into a shell in the fetal position. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

He’s still got years to turn it around at Texas. Will he? I doubt it, based on his history.

I, however, am not (nor did I at any point in this thread) calling for him to be fired.

True. The title of your thread implies this is his static state. Or maybe I inferred it.

Whichever the case, for whatever the reason, I still gotta good feelin' with Sark. 

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

And when they did, it was too late. they did the exact opposite. OU came down from 21 down and tied it up. And what did we do? Run out a kickoff 7 yards deep. Fumble. OU scores the next  play. Game over. 

The game wasn't over, tho. We came back and tied the game by trusting the guy who just fumbled the ball.

13 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

True. The title of your thread implies this is his static state. Or maybe I inferred it.

Whichever the case, for whatever the reason, I still gotta good feelin' with Sark. 

Here’s hoping you’re correct.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

And that personnel was a freshman dual threat QB who didn’t play football in 2020.

Man, I could have a pretty fine meal at a middling restaurant of your choosing if I had a dollar for every time I watched a DC go into paralysis when a QB they weren’t able to game plan for entered a game. 

God knows UT fans have watched that movie too many times. Finally happened for us last year against CU.

It’s like they can’t use their cheat sheet anymore and just call base defense with limited pressures out of fear that they’ll get beat deep. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Here’s hoping you’re correct.

I trend towards Pollyanna-ish wish casting in Binary World, but see/hope parallels in Texas hiring their middling second choice with USC and Carroll and today did nothing to douse that.

Who knows? Not me. But I'm further out on the edge of my seat watching what comes next.

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand

We still lose if we go down there and score a TD at the end of the half

What about if you combine this with a rush to score in the 4th?

And passing on a FG on 4th and 10 the previous drive in field goal range.

Sark was brilliant at times and atrocious at times. The play sequence resulting in incompletion to Bijan in the end zone was awful. The 1st series in the 2nd half was not good. Too much forcing the run.

Game management including the two kick returns was terrible. Lots of individual reasons you can point to resulting in the loss.
  • Hook 'Em 1

LMAO at all the stupid fucks on this board who can't see the glaring personnel deficiencies the program has right now, and are running around like chickens with their heads cut off, wanting to fire the new coach & his staff. Firing everyone after every loss or two is not EVER going to get us out of the hole. The fact that RD is on that bandwagon just confirms to me 100% how completely fucking nuts and stupid of a bandwagon it is.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wood said:

LMAO at all the stupid fucks on this board who can't see the glaring personnel deficiencies the program has right now, and are running around like chickens with their heads cut off, wanting to fire the new coach & his staff. Firing everyone after every loss or two is not EVER going to get us out of the hole. The fact that RD is on that bandwagon just confirms to me 100% how completely fucking nuts and stupid of a bandwagon it is.

Who called for Sarkisian to be fired in this thread?

• Like 1

It has dawned on me that my viewpoints on any topic are the exact polar opposition of whatever Vic Mackey posts. From now forward, if you ever want to predict what I think about something, I don’t even need to post. Just read Vic Mackey’s posts and take the opposite. With all due respect to Vic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:
3 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

I hate our bitchass fanbase. Fuck! Our Horns played ball hard against a good sooner team. Hell, we made them change QB!  But we have lots of issues that recruiting well will have to fix. We know this. Today was an exercise in a weaker team playing great ball above their heads to win against a better team and we came out short. Fuck all you limp dick bastards that are calling out the coach or the team for falling short after a damn good fucking try. Eat shit and die in a fire. Neg away you limp dick incels.

Expand  

You said you were leaving. Now leave. No one will miss you. You called your shot, now follow through,

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, wood said:

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

Our lead always felt precarious.

Defense looked gassed in the fourth. They had been in a groove and the change up in QB tested their ability to adapt. The D was ferocious and planned well for Rattler.

Our offense kept up with them - and that's overperforming for this squad. Bijan got respect from the OU D with the the scheme they ran to shut him down. Wish we had seen the same offense of the first half towards the end, but perhaps the OU D wasn't giving the same overpursing look, as they did in the 1st half.

Let's win out. Our beef appear to do better when they are run blocking. Let them open some lanes at the second level.

Let's flatten the rest and work for a rematch. 

Hook 'em

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Lot's of small dick energy in this thread. It was a bad, gut wrenching loss but some of you are freaking out much like some of the pussies here were saying we'd be lucky to win 3 or 4 games the whole season. Our O-Line is a liability and any defense that has to play Bush and Brockermeyer for extended times is going to struggle. If Rattler doesn't get benched, we win going away. Williams came in and made some Aaron Rodgers-esque throws. That kid is gonna be a thorn in our sides for years to come.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

Our lead always felt precarious.

Yeah I remember when we went up 28-7 and I realized we still had 3 quarters to play. Of course I was glad we were doing so well, but knowing the numerous huge momentum swings this series is famous for, and our personnel liabilities, I knew it was far from over.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, GTX Horn said:

Lot's of small dick energy in this thread. It was a bad, gut wrenching loss but some of you are freaking out much like some of the pussies here were saying we'd be lucky to win 3 or 4 games the whole season. Our O-Line is a liability and any defense that has to play Bush and Brockermeyer for extended times is going to struggle. If Rattler doesn't get benched, we win going away. Williams came in and made some Aaron Rodgers-esque throws. That kid is gonna be a thorn in our sides for years to come.

nobody said we'd be lucky ot win 3 or 4 games.  most people said 9 is expected.  we could have won 10 last year and would have won at least 9.

Just now, dcar00 said:

nobody said we'd be lucky ot win 3 or 4 games.  most people said 9 is expected.  we could have won 10 last year and would have won at least 9.

There were several posters who said we'd go 4-8 the night of the Arkansas game. Granted that was in the throes of a good old fashioned Surly meltdown but still

• Hook 'Em 1