This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

did you even bother to read your own link?

Record in one score games- OSG - 14-12

OSG the last 4 years
UT - 26

And finally, losses in OSG (last 4 yrs)
UT - 12

17 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Found a way to win today. The problem under turtle tom was we lost almost every 1 score game. We're winning some of those under Steve even when we play poorly

Winning over 50% of 1 score games isn’t remotely “losing almost every one score game”.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

did you even bother to read your own link?

Record in one score games- OSG - 14-12

OSG the last 4 years
UT - 26

And finally, losses in OSG (last 4 yrs)
UT - 12

Winning over 50% of 1 score games isn’t remotely “losing almost every one score game”.

Actually, I didn't read perfectchaos' post very carefully and conflated it with bigcigars, in terms of the number of OSG.

It would be interesting to see how many of them we scored last in, to win.  As said previously, I seem to recall Ehlinger often willing us to victory in a lot of those.  RoJo is great, but he doesn't and can't touch the ball on every possession.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Actually, I didn't read perfectchaos' post very carefully and conflated it with bigcigars, in terms of the number of OSG.

It would be interesting to see how many of them we scored last in, to win.  As said previously, I seem to recall Ehlinger often willing us to victory in a lot of those.  RoJo is great, but he doesn't and can't touch the ball on every possession.

Fair. Herman didn’t win NEARLY enough of those games either. 

Mack was (overall) magic at pulling out those type of games.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 3

We’re 5-2 with a chance to win 8-9 games this year which will be huge progress given where we started.  I don’t think people realize how shitty of a culture and program he inherited.  In 1 year, our O-line looks to be fixed in a sense that we now have the players and they are getting better every week.  Our QB room is probably the best in the country and I’m guessing will stay that way with Arch. Our RB room looks stacked and we are adding Baxter to keep the talent there.  WRs are always going to want to come here.  For the first time since J-Mike, we have a TE that is being developed.  Our special teams has now blocked how many kicks? Banks has done a great job with special teams and Trejo and Auburn have performed better than what was coming out of fall camp.  Offensively, we play an exciting brand of football that recruits and transfers want to play in.  How long has it been since we could say that?

Defensively, we still look like shit at times but we are one of the better teams in the country at scoring defense and run defense.  Actually we have been very good.  Our pass defense and 3rd/4th down defense has looked like shit.  That needs to get fixed asap.  I’m not a fan our our bend but don’t brake defense but it seems to be working as we’ve held quite a few teams to their season low.  PK isn’t getting fired and as much as I hate watching his defense, they’re much improved from last year and they still don’t have the personnel.  Ford has developed, Jamison looks better, Thompson and Cook are probably top 5 rated  safeties in the conference.  We are a few good corners and some edge players away from probably being more consistent on defense.  

We all wanted improvement and we’re getting it.  Enjoy this win.  Many teams play like this against ISU.  Campbell is a fantastic coach.  They force other teams to win ugly, something we haven’t done much against them lately.  We are 4 points away from being undefeated this year.  Let’s let the season play out and let these coaches keep developing this program and team.  If we can win 3 of the next 5 games that are against some very good teams and very well coached teams, I will be happy give where this program was from a culture and talent level last year.  On the flip end, if we lost 4 or 5 to end the season, then we know Sark will be on the hot seat next year.

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

We’re 5-2 with a chance to win 8-9 games this year which will be huge progress given where we started.  I don’t think people realize how shitty of a culture and program he inherited.  In 1 year, our O-line looks to be fixed in a sense that we now have the players and they are getting better every week.  Our QB room is probably the best in the country and I’m guessing will stay that way with Arch. Our RB room looks stacked and we are adding Baxter to keep the talent there.  WRs are always going to want to come here.  For the first time since J-Mike, we have a TE that is being developed.  Our special teams has now blocked how many kicks? Banks has done a great job with special teams and Trejo and Auburn have performed better than what was coming out of fall camp.  Offensively, we play an exciting brand of football that recruits and transfers want to play in.  How long has it been since we could say that?

Defensively, we still look like shit at times but we are one of the better teams in the country at scoring defense and run defense.  Actually we have been very good.  Our pass defense and 3rd/4th down defense has looked like shit.  That needs to get fixed asap.  I’m not a fan our our bend but don’t brake defense but it seems to be working as we’ve held quite a few teams to their season low.  PK isn’t getting fired and as much as I hate watching his defense, they’re much improved from last year and they still don’t have the personnel.  Ford has developed, Jamison looks better, Thompson and Cook are probably top 5 rated  safeties in the conference.  We are a few good corners and some edge players away from probably being more consistent on defense.  

We all wanted improvement and we’re getting it.  Enjoy this win.  Many teams play like this against ISU.  Campbell is a fantastic coach.  They force other teams to win ugly, something we haven’t done much against them lately.  We are 4 points away from being undefeated this year.  Let’s let the season play out and let these coaches keep developing this program and team.  If we can win 3 of the next 5 games that are against some very good teams and very well coached teams, I will be happy give where this program was from a culture and talent level last year.  On the flip end, if we lost 4 or 5 to end the season, then we know Sark will be on the hot seat next year.

Fuck it - let’s win them all!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

Fair. Herman didn’t win NEARLY enough of those games either. 

Mack was (overall) magic at pulling out those type of games.

"Herman didn’t win NEARLY enough of those games either" and  "Mack was (overall) magic at pulling out those type of games"?

Players win games. Herman won more than Strong because he had Ehlinger. Strong won at Louisville because he had Bridgewater. Mack's 3rd most successful year was with Simms, second Colt, and first Vincent Paul Young Jr. Wouldn't you know that's the exact order of who was the best QB while here. Big time players make plays in crucial spots to decide games. We were ass all day yesterday but when all the chips were on the table RoJo, Bijan, Worthy, and Ewers all did their thing for the go ahead drive. Then Our defensive leader made the game saving play. Last year someone was always NOT making a play. Casey Cain is what happened last year when you needed a play. As we get more guys who perform in big moments we will lose less games. The college game is more about getting DUDES over JAGS.  

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

We had one score games with everybody under Herman. Every game was a shit fight whether it was Kansas, Iowa State, or Baylor. How many times did we seem ready to take control at the end of the third quarter only to have the other team come roaring back as our offense went to sleep?

Included in Ehlinger's record are games where he killed us at the end of the game throwing an interception. I'm a Sam fan, and I feel like some of those games shouldn't have put him in the position to decide the game in the last minute.

I wanted to like Herman and likely supported him longer than many around here. It just became too frustrating.

I will always remember the year we beat Tulsa and Georgia by identical scores. That was who Tom Herman was. If it wasn't a one score game in the 4th we would launch a late game comeback to make sure it was, or collapse to make sure it was.

And it wasn't that Tom was bad at winning one score games, it was that every game was a one score game. 

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

That isn’t true. JWhitt had a big gainer earlier on one of those plays.

When was that? Honestly don’t remember. I remember him catching a short out on a third and seven on the first to drive where he cut under a clearance route and there was a screen blocking scheme from the oline with Quinn fading back. Is that what you’re talking about?

OU was 100% a fluke. It happens in sports. We finally got our own Black Saturday but too many bought into Sark after that game and that one game erased how much suckage he has had as a HC his whole career. That was an easy game to call because every single thing went right.  Any coach can look good in that scenario. But he's terrible when the game is on the line. He'a also 1-5 so far on the road. Looking to be 1-6. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 3:23 PM, Thatguy said:

Man, a lot of sandy vaginas in the game thread. 4-2 on to the next

On 10/15/2022 at 3:43 PM, Eggo said:

Bruh. Go outside, smoke a joint, and enjoy some fucking sunshine.

On 10/15/2022 at 3:45 PM, pacman said:

5-2

Sark is far from a finished product as a head coach.

However, ending long losing streaks to ou and isu in successive weeks is a positive development.

On 10/15/2022 at 3:48 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

He's 5-2.

He’s 5-3 and should be 4-4 if not for a fumble 

He’s 1-6 in road games 

He keeps losing games when up by 2 TDS at half 

He’s keeps shitting the bed and everyone keeps pretending this is okay. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

He’s 1-6 in road games 

Offensive wizardry schemed up 3 points on a short field for the entire half. 

That’s a new level of ineptitude against a defense of this caliber. 

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Blah blah blah, not our standard.
What this post suggests is, based on our standard performance the last 14 years….maybe he is EXACTLY our standard?

Who said anything about “not our standard?” 

I said “THIS IS WHO SARKISIAN IS”, and another AWFUL LOSS bears it out even further.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

31-17 lead

Lose  41-34

Same shit as the Tech game. Or last year. Or Tom Herman's leads.

No lead is safe with us. We just fall apart. 

The fact we took that lead about 3 minutes to go in the first half and almost blew it before halftime was...well...typical.

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

He’s 1-6 in road games 

It is okay. You're okay. I'm okay. Everything is okay. Maybe sit the next few plays out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not running the ball is inexcusable. I don’t give a fuck about the refs.

You have the best RB in the nation and a QB who can’t hit the broad side of a barn with a 14 point lead.

And you choose to throw the ball 49 times.

We used to joke about using a Madden champ as OC but this is no fucking joke. A middle school B-team offensive coordinator would have called a better game than Sark. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

We should have been pounding the rock on EVERY 1st and 2nd down in the second half. Sark basically abandoned the run the first time he gained less than 5 yards or whenever he crossed the 50, whichever came first. Incredible stupidity.

Osu was eating the run alive most of the second half

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fico said:

Y’all are retarded to put this on the coaches. Did you watch?

balls hit people’s hands, people were I position to make tackles.. this wasn’t schemes it was a team of fucking pussies. 

For the millionth time, Sark is not an OC anymore. This "it wasn't the playcalling's fault therefore it's not Sark's fault" narrative continues to be stupid and shortsighted. We just saw a full game of HIS QB, that HE recruited and coached, repeatedly failing to to execute HIS plays.

• Hook 'Em 1