This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

12 minutes ago, Fico said:

Y’all are retarded to put this on the coaches. Did you watch?

balls hit people’s hands, people were I position to make tackles.. this wasn’t schemes it was a team of fucking pussies. 

You are wasting your time. The people commenting were hoping for failure. They are so desperate to be right they mentally pull for our team to play bad just so they can lay it at Sark's feet with an I told you so. Then the next week if we come out and win crickets. They lie in wait for the next loss. They enjoy the misery. QE had a bad game and got zero help from receivers. A lot of those balls were catchable, but on the wrong shoulder or required a simple adjustment that they wouldn't give effort to do. 

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Not running the ball is inexcusable. I don’t give a fuck about the refs.
You have the best RB in the nation and a QB who can’t hit the broad side of a barn with a 14 point lead.
And you choose to throw the ball 49 times.
We used to joke about using a Madden champ as OC but this is no fucking joke. A middle school B-team offensive coordinator would have called a better game than Sark. 

Quinn sucked. But did your dumbass not notice the safeties moving into the box in the second half and our inability to run? Does that even enter into your rant?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

I really want to like Sarkisian, for a number of reasons. 

But it doesn't matter if Ewers was playing with one arm or any other bullshit today, he was abysmal. And he was abysmal from the get-go. He should have been pulled in the 3Q and that's not even in question. 

If you don't make that move for whatever reason them you're just not equipped to be a head coach at a high level. It should have been a simple decision. And if we can't entrust Sarkisian with that type decision then we have have the wrong coach. Period. 

• Hook 'Em 9

Just now, Thatguy said:

You are wasting your time. The people commenting were hoping for failure. They are so desperate to be right they mentally pull for our team to play bad just so they can lay it at Sark's feet with an I told you so. Then the next week if we come out and win crickets. They lie in wait for the next loss. They enjoy the misery. QE had a bad game and got zero help from receivers. A lot of those balls were catchable, but on the wrong shoulder or required a simple adjustment that they wouldn't give effort to do. 

Stfu no one is lying in wait hoping we lose. We’re sick of seeing the same shit in the second half since last season. How many more times can we blow ass in the second half before you’ll admit steve sucks in halftime adjustments or making a adjustment on the fly that helps us win games? 

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

This is incorrect.  Tired of seeing him squander leads and shit the bed on the road.  I want us to win and I like Sark.  But damn.

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Thatguy said:

No, I wanted us to beat oSu because I'm tired of losing to that monkey fuck of a program. I'm tired of blowing winnable games. I'm tired of a head coach going away from what works and absolutely, headscratchingly staying with something that clearly doesn't work, almost in a historic fashion. When your freshman QB has a bad game, you pull him. You don't keep forcing him out there when he doesn't have it. That is on Sark. It is not on Ewers. It is not on Worthy, Whittington, Sanders, or anyone else but the head fucking football coach of a program that is getting paid millions. Sark needs to start winning these fucking games because he keeps killing any upward momentum he gains by earlier wins. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

spongebob squarepants bullshit GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Not running the ball is inexcusable. I don’t give a fuck about the refs.

You have the best RB in the nation and a QB who can’t hit the broad side of a barn with a 14 point lead.

And you choose to throw the ball 49 times.

We used to joke about using a Madden champ as OC but this is no fucking joke. A middle school B-team offensive coordinator would have called a better game than Sark. 

I would like to believe you are trolling because you can't be that blind to the adjustments in the second half.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

C'mon Man.

Poor, helpless coach. Nothing he can do to help his team grind out a win where they lead most of the game. It's all on the players. We might as well just put you on the sideline and save that money. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Bijan went 10 carries for 43 yards in the second half. To all of our Sark white knights, would it have been bad to try that a little more? 
Even in his press conference he all but admitted our first half run success was chalked up to a couple big plays. Maybe worth a handful more run attempts

Hook 'em

1 minute ago, Basil said:

Dear genius,

They sold on the run to make Quinn beat them. Quinn failed. That’s the point. Please smash your face into a bandsaw for being so stupid.

Going to have to let it go. @Auto Driller is an idiot handing out negs for folks pointing out what was obvious to everyone except two people. Him and Sark.

8 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Going to have to let it go. @Auto Driller is an idiot handing out negs for folks pointing out what was obvious to everyone except two people. Him and Sark.

Yes, they absolutely sold out to stop the run. So has every team we have played this year.

The difference is that Quinn clearly didn’t have it today. I don’t know if he has a throwing hand injury or what but 19/49 speaks for itself.

My point is this - despite them selling out to stop the run, we still produced (on average) exactly what we needed to win the game running the ball. I can recall Bijan breaking off runs of 8 and 11 yards on first down in the 4th quarter. In both cases he never got another carry and we threw consecutive incompletions to end the drive.

Sometimes, it’s not about outsmarting the other coach. Pound the ball and win the game. It worked last week. Today we decided to rely on our < 40% completion QB which is exactly what Gundy wanted.

Edited by Auto Driller
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TXpride said:

Rhule is out there. Not quite Urban, but he's probably an 8/10 hire and would almost certainly take the job. Wonder how bad things need to get to make the ole switcheroo..

Probably 3 failed seasons.  Looking like Sark may be 2/3 there.

8 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Texas admin is dumb as shit, so they’ll probably give Traylor a shot next. And he’ll fail miserably. Rinse and repeat.

I disagree this version of the admin is dumb as shit. They make good hires.

But as has been pointed out over and over to me on this board the admin really has nothing to do with the football hires. 

19 minutes ago, Basil said:

Quinn sucked. But did your dumbass not notice the safeties moving into the box in the second half and our inability to run? Does that even enter into your rant?

Bijan had 10 carries for 45 yards in the second half. In no way does that justify abandoning the run.

We had the ball on their 30, 2nd and 7. Rather than stick with the run to get us closer and at least burn some clock, we call two low-percentage pass plays KNOWING Ewers is probably not going to be able to execute them, and then miss a long FG. This is the same shit we fired Tom Herman for and you're too myopic to see it.

• Hook 'Em 3

So it turns out last week wasn’t a culture win at all, just another lucky escape. Texas was close to blowing this game open and demoralizing the Pokes, but they still haven’t find that gear or killer instinct against teams with any fight. They haven’t lost me, but that was brutal to experience. A true agonizing slow motion catastrophe. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Stfu no one is lying in wait hoping we lose. We’re sick of seeing the same shit in the second half since last season. How many more times can we blow ass in the second half before you’ll admit steve sucks in halftime adjustments or making a adjustment on the fly that helps us win games? 

13 minutes ago, cochamps said:

This is incorrect.  Tired of seeing him squander leads and shit the bed on the road.  I want us to win and I like Sark.  But damn.

13 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No, I wanted us to beat oSu because I'm tired of losing to that monkey fuck of a program. I'm tired of blowing winnable games. I'm tired of a head coach going away from what works and absolutely, headscratchingly staying with something that clearly doesn't work, almost in a historic fashion. When your freshman QB has a bad game, you pull him. You don't keep forcing him out there when he doesn't have it. That is on Sark. It is not on Ewers. It is not on Worthy, Whittington, Sanders, or anyone else but the head fucking football coach of a program that is getting paid millions. Sark needs to start winning these fucking games because he keeps killing any upward momentum he gains by earlier wins. 

10 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

spongebob squarepants bullshit GIF

7 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

C'mon Man.

Poor, helpless coach. Nothing he can do to help his team grind out a win where they lead most of the game. It's all on the players. We might as well just put you on the sideline and save that money. 

4 minutes ago, Hpara759 said:

Oh we're going to win next week..  we are  off next week and don't have to watch his shit show ass squatting on the sidelines the whole game 

No, it's exactly correct. You guys love to lose so you can come here and rail on the coach. Nothing better to do with your night. So let's address all these at the same time. 

1) Quinn was a bit off but he threw a lot of balls that were catchable. Receivers were losing the ball left and right in the air. Those balls had a lot of air under them and could have been caught with a little adjustment. 

2) Worthy does not fight for the ball. He gator armed the high ball coming across the middle and made no play on the balls that weren't perfect. 

3) We had about 4 balls hit DBs right in the hands and everyone of them was dropped. Come down with those and we win easily. 

4) They started loading the box in the second half and we weren't popping the runs like we were in the 1st, so we had to throw. 

Guys were in position to make plays and they didn't make them. Simple as that. Anything else you guys say is just noise. We have a couple young playmakers, but there are still a ton of holes on this roster. So they young guys have to play with their hair on fire for us to win. Today we had a ton of chances and no one stepped up. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Dabo pulled his QB today

Mack pulled VY

this isn’t a new thing. Sark is a bad HC

Hahaha.... Cade Klubnick was a 5 star recruit and the number 1 QB recruit coming out of high school. He isn't exactly our backup. We already know what our backup looks like and an off QE is still better than him. We can't even hit a simple swing pass accurately with him in there. 

13 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Yes, they absolutely sold out to stop the run. So has every team we have played this year.

The difference is that Quinn clearly didn’t have it today. I don’t know if he has a throwing hand injury or what but 19/49 speaks for itself.

My point is this - despite them selling out to stop the run, we still produced (on average) exactly what we needed to win the game running the ball. I can recall Bijan breaking off runs of 8 and 11 yards on first down in the 4th quarter. In both cases he never got another carry and we threw consecutive incompletions to end the drive.

Sometimes, it’s not about outsmarting the other coach. Pound the ball and win the game. It worked last week. Today we decided to rely on our < 40% completion QB which is exactly what Gundy wanted.

Like I said in my prior post about you I have to let it go since there is no need to respond.

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Hahaha.... Cade Klubnick was a 5 star recruit and the number 1 QB recruit coming out of high school. He isn't exactly our backup. We already know what our backup looks like and an off QE is still better than him. We can't even hit a simple swing pass accurately with him in there. 

I’m the first person to say Card sucks but come on. Card is better than QE performance. Just stop. 

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Texas admin is dumb as shit, so they’ll probably give Traylor a shot next. And he’ll fail miserably. Rinse and repeat.

I completely see this happening and CDC will lose his job once half the stands are emptied in every second quarter 

10 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

The players lost this game. Particularly Ewers. There was nothing wrong with the play calls, defense played well enough in the second half for us to win that game. Ewers played like shit, those putting this on Sark are nuts. 

1) Go back and re-watch the idiotic offensive series that ended with a missed FG.

2) Even if this was true, Sark is not an OC anymore and can't hide behind "well I just call plays, not my problem if the players aren't executing them". When Sark's players are repeatedly failing to execute Sark's offense, that's Sark's problem. This is not a complicated concept. It's how the head coaching position works. Sark has installed his offense, recruited his players, and is presumably teaching it to them in practice. When MULTIPLE players are fucking it up repeatedly in one game that's an obvious coaching problem.

• Hook 'Em 4

My issue with this game is staying with Ewers. It was probably hard to pull him with a lead, they led most of the game. By the time they didn’t have the lead it was too late. 

Texas passed for 319 and rushed for 209. That’s enough to win a game under most circumstances. This team has warts. Their defense, their kicker (JFC), and their head coach making changes that work. 

• Hook 'Em 1