This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34870361/texas-steve-sarkisian-sorry-missing-eyes-texas

Sounds like Sark should have to run the bleachers.  He's been here two years and accidentally forgets a tradition.  

"Texas coach Steve Sarkisian opened his Monday news conference following the Longhorns' 41-34 loss to Oklahoma State by apologizing for not singing "The Eyes of Texas," the school song, before leaving the field.

"As you know, I owe an apology to Longhorn Nation," Sarkisian said. "I made a mistake at the end of the game in not singing 'The Eyes of Texas' when the game was done. That was not anything intentional. That was not anything that had to do with our players. I think our players just followed me up the ramp into the locker room, obviously upset by the way the game ended....""

• Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Agreed.  Totally similar situations.  For example:

1. In Saban’s second college HC try, he won the SEC in his second year at LSU, and then won the national championship a couple of years later before leaving for the NFL.  In Sark’s second college HC try, he had a middling record, got fired for drunkenness on the job, and then sued the university claiming it violated the Americans With Disabilities Act when they fired him for being a drunk.

2. In Saban’s third college HC try, he went 12-2 at Alabama and was 12-0 and ranked number 1 in the country going into the SEC championship game.  In Sark’s third college HC try, he is 5-3 in year 2 with blown leads against Texas Tech and Okie State.

It’s like mirror images.

Definitely mirror images…

1A546E40-A1CB-44B7-B436-04BA0150E286.gif

• Rage+1 1

19 hours ago, ztejas said:

I thought we'd split @osu and TCU and potentially win the rest or lose @KSt. But I also didn't think that our coach was too fucking stupid to not bench a QB that's actively throwing the game away. So who knows. 

It isn't the loss so much as the massive red flag added to the already long list of red flags that reappeared on Saturday. 

Yup. That was a massive flag on Saturday. The type that really erodes confidence in the ability of a coach to lead and do what's best for the team. 

30 minutes ago, GeorgetownLaw said:

After reading many of these comments, it s obvious we are a volleyball school and for that I am proud and thankful. 

Chris Beard is about to change that with a final four this year.

It’s amazing what happens when you hire a good coach in a major sport.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

I’ll say it again: they have to learn how to win.

Hint: it happens in practice.

Ewers said as much after the game. They have to hold themselves to a higher standard when it comes to the weekly grind that is practice/film.

They think they can go at 80% during the week and turn it up to 100% on Saturdays. Doesn’t work that way.

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you -- go home and play with your kids!! You wanna coach here? Close!! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this -- how can you take the abuse you get on a road loss?! You don't like it -- leave. Jeff Traylor can go out there tonight with the materials you got, make himself a 9-3 season! This season! In two months! Can you? Can you? Go and do likewise! A-I-D-A!! Get mad! You son of a Bitch! Get mad!! 

Alec Baldwin Movie GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you -- go home and play with your kids!! You wanna coach here? Close!! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this -- how can you take the abuse you get on a road loss?! You don't like it -- leave. Jeff Traylor can go out there tonight with the materials you got, make himself a 9-3 season! This season! In two months! Can you? Can you? Go and do likewise! A-I-D-A!! Get mad! You son of a Bitch! Get mad!! 

I'll give you an A for effort. 

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Ewers said as much after the game. They have to hold themselves to a higher standard when it comes to the weekly grind that is practice/film.

They think they can go at 80% during the week and turn it up to 100% on Saturdays. Doesn’t work that way.

Oh this is reassuring. We've been hearing this since 2010. Maybe before we hire the next coach, we hire someone first whose job it is to remind people that they need to practice hard and take things seriously. Unfortunate that our last 3 HC hires keep forgetting that part.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Oh this is reassuring. We've been hearing this since 2010. Maybe before we hire the next coach, we hire someone first whose job it is to remind people that they need to practice hard and take things seriously. Unfortunate that our last 3 HC hires keep forgetting that part.

Maybe this team doesn’t have a WHOLE. NEW. ATTITUDE?

• Haha 1

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34870361/texas-steve-sarkisian-sorry-missing-eyes-texas
Sounds like Sark should have to run the bleachers.  He's been here two years and accidentally forgets a tradition.  

"Texas coach Steve Sarkisian opened his Monday news conference following the Longhorns' 41-34 loss to Oklahoma State by apologizing for not singing "The Eyes of Texas," the school song, before leaving the field.

"As you know, I owe an apology to Longhorn Nation," Sarkisian said. "I made a mistake at the end of the game in not singing 'The Eyes of Texas' when the game was done. That was not anything intentional. That was not anything that had to do with our players. I think our players just followed me up the ramp into the locker room, obviously upset by the way the game ended....""

I have an unpopular opinion on this. In a road game, win or lose, leave the field and go home. I’ve never understood the relevance of schools that do this on the road.

Things I don’t want to hear anymore:

we just ran out of time (unless the officials let the clock run out egregiously and were sanctioned)

we have to play all four quarters (only losers say this and unless a force of nature ended the game prematurely stop saying it)

we were just hitting our stride in the 4th quarter…(it’s kinda like running out of time)

they looked great in practice. (Gosh I fucking hope they at least look good in practice)

we made too many mistakes (fine if it’s the first game but anything after that and it’s a coaching issue. So just say, the errors are on the coach and coaching staff at that point)

Everyone really wants to win and they’re all together in that desire. (Cool. So why do we keep losing?)

i don’t need any pressers or coach speak. I don’t need to hear what we should have done in a game….days later. Hours later…an hour later. It was in the control of the staff and Sark to call more running plays and if you can say that twenty minutes after the damn game where was that thought during the last two quarters 

14 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

we have to play all four quarters (only losers say this and unless a force of nature ended the game prematurely stop saying it)

we were just hitting our stride in the 4th quarter…(it’s kinda like running out of time)

they looked great in practice. (Gosh I fucking hope they at least look good in practice)

we made too many mistakes (fine if it’s the first game but anything after that and it’s a coaching issue. So just say, the errors are on the coach and coaching staff at that point)

Everyone really wants to win and they’re all together in that desire. (Cool. So why do we keep losing?) 

Jimbol-Roller-Coaster.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

spacer.png

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

Yes. I’m drunk on a Monday

I don’t see the problem 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Fuck you– that’s my name! You know why, mister? Because you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an $80,000 BMW. That’s my name.

E897F466-483B-4A78-A13C-155D2A7BC172.gif

I drove a $100,000 Tundra.

/ducks

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2022 at 1:18 PM, Nicole44 said:

90210 if you can’t remember anything. 867-5309 if you don’t know your digits. ACDC BBC if taking multiple choice tests and you’re running out of time. Right? Lol.

867-5309 often works if you are at a store with a reward program and you don't have an account.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/26/2022 at 12:15 PM, TxTower said:

Use the bye week to get healthy and fix shit.
Win at least 3 of the last 4 games.
Go win a middling bowl game to establish momentum for next year.
Profit.

Anything less will be a disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to get excited for either the "Texas" or "Alamo" Bowl. Woohoo.

Such horseshit. This team snatches defeat from the jaws of victory more than any I can think of. No lead is safe for the coaches & players not to fuck up.

• Rage+1 2