This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

Just now, Hank Chinaski said:

I agree, but I also want to see how it plays out with a consistent QB. QE is clearly very talented but his last 2 games have been shaky. It’s ok, he’s a freshman, but I still want to see what Sark does with a good (and more experienced) QB. At the risk of sounding like a Sark apologist, I still think there are a lot of plays that just aren’t being made due to poor execution. He’s not blameless, of course. (For the record, I have little faith that Sark will become a great coach; I do think there is a chance that he can be a good one.)

Fair enough. I HOPE he proves us both wrong and wins big.

• Hook 'Em 1

While the offense shuts down in the second half, a huge part of the problem is that the defense just gives up long successful drives over and over and over in the second half. Our biggest problem is defensive coaching. The offense can be better with better defense. 

18 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

While the offense shuts down in the second half, a huge part of the problem is that the defense just gives up long successful drives over and over and over in the second half. Our biggest problem is defensive coaching. The offense can be better with better defense. 

True, but Sark calls a 2nd half like Greg Davis was coaching Jason Garrett at QB...... He's so fucking conservative, it's fucking terrible.

We just went run, run, run with the game on the line..... Just fucking terrible.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, immamac said:

anyone who thinks Sark isn't a QB whisperer is huffing glue. The dude has an incredible NFL QB draft resume. Arch wants to win, but more importantly he wants to be NFL ready in 3 years. 

Who would fucking know when he won’t let his QB pass with the game on the line and 11 in the box. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Offense was looking good until the two fumbles.  

There are two problems with this staff: lack of attention to detail, and the defensive staff is subpar. Unfortunately I don’t see Sark addressing either one. He’s just a nice guy that doesn’t have the intensity to focus enough and to fire non-performers and fix the little things. Almost every game looks the same. Over and over. 

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

There are two problems with this staff: lack of attention to detail, and the defensive staff is subpar. Unfortunately I don’t see Sark addressing either one. He’s just a nice guy that doesn’t have the intensity to focus enough and to fire non-performers and fix the little things. Almost every game looks the same. Over and over. 

We can blame the defense all day. But Sark scoring 3 points in second half when up 21 is garbage. That’s on him. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

We almost turtled.  But we didn't.  But we almost did, again.  So I'm happy, but kinda feel this may be fool's gold.  

No, we completely turtled. The win doesn't change that fact. It was one of the worst displays of turtling I've ever seen.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Neonmoon said:

We can blame the defense all day. But Sark scoring 3 points in second half when up 21 is garbage. That’s on him. 

I think it’s a mirage. Because the defense allows long drives in the second half over and over, the offense doesn’t get the ball much and when they do, they are conservative because they are trying to preserve big leads that leak to small leads. Plus tonight there were turnovers. The offense wasn’t great, and the three straight runs at the end were infuriating, but defense is the bigger problem by far. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m so fucking torn on this guy.

On the one hand, he’s a great playcaller and has recruited well.

On the other, we suck ass in the second half.

But our QB can’t complete shit downfield so he doesn’t trust him. And our players are determined to fuck up with penalties to put us in a hole to begin with. So what’s he supposed to do?

Fuck me. It’s maddening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I think it’s a mirage. Because the defense allows long drives in the second half over and over, the offense doesn’t get the ball much and when they do, they are conservative because they are trying to preserve big leads that leak to small leads. Plus tonight there were turnovers. The offense wasn’t great, and the three straight runs at the end were infuriating, but defense is the bigger problem by far. 

Totally agree with this.  The D is still a huge problem from coaches to players.  Not sure how that gets fixed.  Sark calls such a great first half and then during the second half he calls the game like its a pre season NFL game against the opponent he is going to play in week 1.  Totally vanilla.