This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

Frankly, I don't know why so many of you are getting so worked up.  Program altering game???  Did the pumpers or the ridiculous Vegas spread or nonsensical computer ratings suddenly convince folks over the last 7 days that we were gonna beat TCU and contend for the conference? Outside of a couple of games this year, this team has not played very good football, and hasn't done so for quite a while. 

We are not a very good team. 

Sark is not a very good coach. 

Virtually everyone already knew this on 1/2/21 on the Tom Herman is fired thread.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, bschoolprof said:

Frankly, I don't know why so many of you are getting so worked up.  Program altering game???  Did the pumpers or the ridiculous Vegas spread or nonsensical computer ratings suddenly convince folks over the last 7 days that we were gonna beat TCU and contend for the conference? Outside of a couple of games this year, this team has not played very good football, and hasn't done so for quite a while. 

We are not a very good team. 

Sark is not a very good coach. 

Virtually everyone already knew this on 1/2/21 on the Tom Herman is fired thread.  

80+ Neggers on this thread didn’t know it….

• Hook 'Em 1

1) Constant deep shots when we can never connect on them.
2) Completely predictable play calls on big 3rd/4th and short downs
3) Not benching Quinn when he has sucked since OU
4) Not leaning on Bijan and RJ when you have the ball on first and goal from the < 5 yard line and passing it when your QB is inaccurate and can't see the field.
5) Going for a punt block when your D gets a huge stop and we've already been flagged for running into the kicker.

Fuck this guy.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, longhornmatt said:

The Shaka comparison is very apt.  I’d mentally been comparing him to Mackovic mostly (more likable guy, worse coach, but equally stubborn offensive “genius” who doesn’t actually produce consistent offense).  But, man, Shaka is spot on.  They both just find a way to squander opportunities and there’s often no rhyme or reason.  They just find a way.

I like the Mackovic comparison better.  Sark knows how to draw up plays, at least in college, and that's about it.  He's gonna win a few games you wouldn't expect him to, but he'll blow the big one.  I'm not sure that Shaka really knows anything.  

• Like 1

I knew that roughing the punter call was going to cause us the game. There was absolutely no reason to press the block, especially when we ran into the punter earlier. We had just forced a 3 and out after our O finally moved the ball and scored. Take the punt and let your O try to move the ball again.

That was the dumbest fucking call of the year.

I'm done with Sark. He's in over his fucking head and D's have figured out his O. 

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, crash_davis said:

I knew that roughing the punter call was going to cause us the game. There was absolutely no reason to press the block, especially when we ran into the kicker earlier. We had just forced a 3 and out after our O finally moved the ball and scored. Take the punt and let your O try to move the ball again.

That was the dumbest fucking call of the year.

I'm done with Sark. He's in over his fucking head and D's have figured out his O. 

yeah, because our fucking spaz QB was going to wake up out of his month long coma and lead us to a 75 yard TD drive?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

He's got to give up play calling. Design plays all he wants but GameDay he just can't call plays.

The problem isn't the playcalling, it's the coaching. The thing that's supposed to happen between games. We're ten games into his second season and his players flat-out cannot execute his offense, including his hand-picked star QB and WR. That is a coaching problem, and a big one.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

The problem isn't the playcalling, it's the coaching. The thing that's supposed to happen between games. We're ten games into his second season and his players flat-out cannot execute his offense, including his hand-picked star QB and WR. That is a coaching problem, and a big one.

Both Why GIF - Both Why Not GIFs

Edited by OU Sucks

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Well, Mack Brown is clearly a better coach than anyone we’ve hired since then.  Herman with an NIL budget is also most likely better than Sark (I’m assuming he could turn his recruiting slide around at least to some extent with the checkbook), unless everyone hated Herman so much boosters wouldn’t fund recruiting.  

Herman without NIL was better than Sark.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Yep.  Every good coach of the last 25 years except Dabo has a big success story by year 2.  This isn’t rocket science.  There is no rebuilding process in college football - as if we need to tank for high draft picks or some shit.  Give me a fucking break.   We have the best roster in the Big 12 this year, and he fucked it away.

I think you’re really overrating our talent.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

True.  I’m doing him a disservice to an extent, but I was thinking about going forward and how we were resorting to taking guys like Charles Wright and Max Merril at the time he got canned.  

Couldn't be worse than what we're seeing with Ewers. Hell, Casey Thompson looked like a stud the few snaps he played under Herman. Maybe Tom actually knew a thing or two about coaching QBs.

So Sonny Dykes is 10-0 (not too shabby) with still a chance to be in the CFP. First year coach that is mostly playing with talent Patterson couldn’t go the distance with last year. It’s almost like a good HC can work with the talent on hand and make lemonade out of lemons. Like Sark cannot do that. Arch will be a revelation for us and Sark will be able to do all the things he wants at the QB position and we will buy into it for a while. But he needs to hire a real OC but he’s too damn stubborn to do so and he will always lose 3-5 wtf games every year. No matter what. Because it’s on him. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2