This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

8 hours ago, immamac said:

if sark loses to Kansas back to back I'm done, I'll lock the football board. lol

I mean, what would be the point of keeping the football board open for the rest of the year?

A loss to Kansas back-to-back and burn everything down. Sark would be toast and the football team a farce 

FML

On 11/17/2022 at 12:05 PM, Surly Bevo said:

I love you guys arguing talent vs coaching like it’s some binary thing when the most likely answer is both things are true.

1. Our talent on paper is not that decisive an advantage
2. Our coaching and development is shit.

One is clearly true.

Two remains to be seen. Lots of players have gotten much better. Some game day coaching is below expectations for sure. 

11 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

This is the biggest game of the Sark tenure thus far

True. Lose this one and he'll have to run the table next year to keep the hounds off his ass. 

7 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Steve is completetly fucked, at this point. 

False. He's going to get another year regardless of what happens. Maybe two. We're going to a bowl. Manning is coming. 

I get it that everyone is going def con five after a complete shit show performance at home in the "biggest" game to date, but take a breath and count to five. This program was playing with walk ons and malcontents just a year ago and most people predicted an improvement to 8 wins. Still in reach. When you watch this team, it's obvious that we're not ready to compete with the elite programs and the "problem" isn't singular. Sark may not be the guy, and he sure is whiffing on some opportunities to look like that guy, but he's not an idiot, and if he fails, the program is going to be in a lot better shape when he leaves than when he arrived. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

Dude has a worse record against P5 teams than Charlie Strong in the same time here, and he took over a team that lost three games and won the Alamo Bowl. Couple that with his previous lack of success and I don’t know how anyone could have confidence in him.

What, six 5 stars on offense isn’t enough? Maybe when we’re starting 22 of them across the board we can move up into that rare 9-3 ish air.

You guys are fully regarded. We would be undefeated if Sam Ehlinger and Joseph Ossai were still here. Those are literally the two positions we have struggled at the most. Lol

• Fuck You 2

51 minutes ago, SKA the boss said:

Sark may not be the guy, and he sure is whiffing on some opportunities to look like that guy, but he's not an idiot, and if he fails, the program is going to be in a lot better shape when he leaves than when he arrived. 

That’s some 2020 pre-free agency thinking right there.  

I’m 2023 and just letting you know that when you get home from work later you will find your blow is gone, I drank all your booze,  stole your car, fucked your girlfriend, and burned down your house on my way out of town.  

but hey, maybe your better off

Edited by Jimbob

56 minutes ago, SKA the boss said:

One is clearly true.

Two remains to be seen. Lots of players have gotten much better. Some game day coaching is below expectations for sure. 

True. Lose this one and he'll have to run the table next year to keep the hounds off his ass. 

False. He's going to get another year regardless of what happens. Maybe two. We're going to a bowl. Manning is coming. 

I get it that everyone is going def con five after a complete shit show performance at home in the "biggest" game to date, but take a breath and count to five. This program was playing with walk ons and malcontents just a year ago and most people predicted an improvement to 8 wins. Still in reach. When you watch this team, it's obvious that we're not ready to compete with the elite programs and the "problem" isn't singular. Sark may not be the guy, and he sure is whiffing on some opportunities to look like that guy, but he's not an idiot, and if he fails, the program is going to be in a lot better shape when he leaves than when he arrived. 

I don’t think this is true. I think if he loses to Kansas again he is fired. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Just now, closetohumping said:

Bro.  Like a month ago you and I agreed he’d get four years unless he’s busted with the 6 hookers Craig James murdered 

A month ago this team wasn’t going backwards to the point where we are seriously talking about losing to Kansas back to back with historically bad offensive performances in the last 3 games. HISTORICALLY BAD. 

i hope we never find out, I’m not rooting for a loss it’s just fucking absurd that we are even seriously talking about it. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

No I think he’s fired fired. Right after signing day 1. 

You think he’ll be fired after this season if he loses to a 6-4 Kansas team on the road? I think it will be yet another data point that tells us he’s probably not going to ever get it done, but he’s almost certainly not getting fired after this year, even if we lose tomorrow and the next two as well.

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

I don’t think this is true. I think if he loses to Kansas again he is fired. 

he should be fired when the seconds tick off... Move on and regroup. no excuses. Fuck this guy. As a matter of fact, he should be fired if he doesn't win the next 2 games and possibly the bowl game. Set expectations and hold this guy accountable. 

I am tired of the usual being the "roll eyes" of college football. we are becoming the has-been and the snicking team. embarrassing. enough is enough

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

A month ago this team wasn’t going backwards to the point where we are seriously talking about losing to Kansas back to back with historically bad offensive performances in the last 3 games. HISTORICALLY BAD. 

i hope we never find out, I’m not rooting for a loss it’s just fucking absurd that we are even seriously talking about it. 

If we lose to Kansas will you start the fire Steve Sarkisian thread?   Asking for a friend....

24 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

he should be fired when the seconds tick off... Move on and regroup. no excuses. Fuck this guy. As a matter of fact, he should be fired if he doesn't win the next 2 games and possibly the bowl game. Set expectations and hold this guy accountable. 

I am tired of the usual being the "roll eyes" of college football. we are becoming the has-been and the snicking team. embarrassing. enough is enough

I watch the cowherd and klatt segment every week.  They want us to be good so bad but are off the bandwagon

2 hours ago, Loop 1604 said:

Sark is a dead man walking here. Nothing could be more obvious. 

It’s not a matter of if, but when. Losing to Kansas again would likely speed up that timeline to after next year. 

This season is already another abject failure for Texas football. Sickening.

They potential to win 10 games= dead man walking. "We Are Texas"

39 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

6-4, with the potential of 6-7   We are Sark.  Actually think we win this week but just making a point.  It’s like sayign a 4-6 nfl team can finish 11-6

No its not. It's like saying you are 6-4 with the best part of your schedule behind you. You know the part of the schedule where you played Alabama, the second place Big12 team, and an undefeated TCU. Oklahoma State has only struggled on the road. 

11 hours ago, Thatguy said:

You guys are fully regarded. We would be undefeated if Sam Ehlinger and Joseph Ossai were still here. Those are literally the two positions we have struggled at the most. Lol

This is idiotic. 

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

This is also idiotic. 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, immamac said:

No I think he’s fired fired. Right after signing day 1. 

Let’s hope smarter and cooler heads prevail and he’s fired on the tarmac in Kansas.   Who gives a shit if Arch or anyone else comes here if we are going 7-5 every year because that’s who we hired, where’s the benefit to waiting for signing day?

Look what’s about to go down 100 miles east with the greatest recruiting class of all time, I think they might keep more of them if they started firing people now.

10 hours ago, immamac said:

It will be the only thread unlocked on the football board. 

I know this is in jest but it should be true for at least 24 hours

10 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Let’s hope smarter and cooler heads prevail and he’s fired on the tarmac in Kansas.   Who gives a shit if Arch or anyone else comes here if we are going 7-5 every year because that’s who we hired, where’s the benefit to waiting for signing day?

Look what’s about to go down 100 miles east with the greatest recruiting class of all time, I think they might keep more of them if they started firing people now.

I know this is in jest but it should be true for at least 24 hours

It actually is not in jest. I will actually lock the board down. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

No its not. It's like saying you are 6-4 with the best part of your schedule behind you. You know the part of the schedule where you played Alabama, the second place Big12 team, and an undefeated TCU. Oklahoma State has only struggled on the road. 

Ah the saving grace.  The rest of the teams on our schedule suck.  Yay

12 hours ago, Thatguy said:

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I'm convinced this has to be Loreal posting on surly. Only someone that spends regular time receiving the business end of Sark's johnson could be so in love with the fucking dipshit. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Sark would probably leave Sam on the bench for Quinn. It wouldn't be fair for Sam to lead this team to a B12 championship and CFP berth. 

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

We're going to run all over Kansas, in a manner in which it will cause retroactive frustration again over last week.

Mumble mumble Bijan 12 touches mumble mumble. 

I mean, that would be a fucking awesome problem to have. I hope it happens. There is enough shit luck in my family and life going on right now.

Edited by lilMAC25

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Sark would probably leave Sam on the bench for Quinn. It wouldn't be fair for Sam to lead this team to a B12 championship and CFP berth. 

Idk sark at all. Have heard he’s actually a decent guy but part of me can’t help but think that he blames Casey and Card for all of our losses last year and he’s way too stubborn to give card a second chance 

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Locking the football board after a loss makes Texas fans look like fucking pussies.....believe me when I say we can do a good enough job of looking like fucking pussies ourselves, and deserve the opportunity to do so.  

It's losing to Kansas twice after having the big XII CCG on lock and scoring only 6 points on offense in 6 quarters. This has never happened in the history of Texas football.