This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

8 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So when we suck ass and complain that’s group think? I call it “calling it as I see it”. 

today was a great called gameS when sark or pk do well I praise them. If not I don’t. You’re the one that’s stuck on only thinking one way. “Never blame the corch”

Hey man take it easy. We lost this argument. Sark is over .500 at Texas.  Extension time 

8 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So when we suck ass and complain that’s group think? I call it “calling it as I see it”. 

today was a great called gameS when sark or pk do well I praise them. If not I don’t. You’re the one that’s stuck on only thinking one way. “Never blame the corch”

You guys spent all last year proclaiming how PK didn't know what he was doing and it was actually Lake that was the good coach and not PK. Literally every single ridiculous take that can be imagined was said. Meanwhile it was actually just they need experience and time in the scheme and a couple players to come in and contribute. Weird. Who would think that's all it was? Go read the PK thread and you will see group think. 

9 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You guys spent all last year proclaiming how PK didn't know what he was doing and it was actually Lake that was the good coach and not PK. Literally every single ridiculous take that can be imagined was said. Meanwhile it was actually just they need experience and time in the scheme and a couple players to come in and contribute. Weird. Who would think that's all it was? Go read the PK thread and you will see group think. 

Might want to give this fella little of that love you have for PK..

spacer.png

If you want to be taken serious.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office 

Fuck PK - I’d fire him tomorrow 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

spacer.png

I thought the whole “it’s Patterson when we play well and PK when we don’t” was just our version of being aggy douche bags. You think it’s true? He only helps when we play well? That’s adorable. 

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Just pointing out all the crybabies. 

Last year you guys swore PK was the dumbest motherfucker on the planet. A year later the defense is playing pretty well and we have completely moved off that dialogue as if we can't pull up the thread and look. Now it's the offense can't do this or that. This team is improving. D-better. Special teams better. )-line better. The passing offense is having some growing pains but the team is improving and recruiting is looking solid. Totally different than the last two guys. running game is solid. The last bit of the puzzle is QB/Receiver. We get that fixed and we are likely in the hunt next year. 

24 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

12 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

spacer.png

It’s like Gary Patterson has nothing to do with all the games where the defense was incredible. Lmao. 

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

I thought the whole “it’s Patterson when we play well and PK when we don’t” was just our version of being aggy douche bags. You think it’s true? He only helps when we play well? That’s adorable. 

So winning and logic is hard for you. The D has gotten better because he is helping. PK by himself is a shitty coach. He showed us that last year.

21 minutes ago, immamac said:

It’s like Gary Patterson has nothing to do with all the games where the defense was incredible. Lmao. 

What about on the slant routes for 50 yard TD passes? Patterson helped on those plays too or he wandered off and wrote down some lyrics to a song? Sark and a Casey Thompson led offense got Patterson fired for having an embarrassingly shitty defense. I’m glad Patterson is here but giving him credit for the good games and pk all the shit for the bad ones is aggy as fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

What about on the slant routes for 50 yard TD passes? Patterson helped on those plays too or he wandered off and wrote down some lyrics to a song? Sark and a Casey Thompson led offense got Patterson fired for having an embarrassingly shitty defense. I’m glad Patterson is here but giving him credit for the good games and pk all the shit for the bad ones is aggy as fuck. 

I’m saying that Gary Patterson is the reason the defense is better top to bottom you dolt. I’ve had players tell me as much. Having Gary around has made a massive impact on the team. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

I’m saying that Gary Patterson is the reason the defense is better top to bottom you dolt. I’ve had players tell me as much. Having Gary around has made a massive impact on the team. 

Oh boy, if you had burnt ends going during chuckles time those players would have told you they loved strong and he was a great coach. He needed more time. Don’t be a dipshit. Those are basically giant children you’re talking to. They don’t know their asses from a hole in the ground. Patterson is probably a cool guy to be around and knowledgeable as fuck but to say he’s the sole reason our defense improved top to bottom is some lucci level fagotry. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Oh boy, if you had burnt ends going during chuckles time those players would have told you they loved strong and he was a great coach. He needed more time. Don’t be a dipshit. Those are basically giant children you’re talking to. They don’t know their asses from a hole in the ground. Patterson is probably a cool guy to be around and knowledgeable as fuck but to say he’s the sole reason our defense improved top to bottom is some lucci level fagotry. 

Alright dude lol. 

Have any players mentioned to you how they feel about PK or Sark? I agree about GP being a huge asset to the team this year, but also think PK deserves a little credit.

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I know. I’m tired of the comparisons to Riley, Dykes, Kelly, Freeman, and Lanning.  Those guys have had a head start, are at programs with more resources and have the portal.  We don’t have that at Texas!!!

Counterpoint

image.png.42eddcd2dde922a0a312f85223884a37.png

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I know. I’m tired of the comparisons to Riley, Dykes, Kelly, Freeman, and Lanning.  Those guys have had a head start, are at programs with more resources and have the portal.  We don’t have that at Texas!!!

Riley brought his players with him. Oregon was a 10 win team who's coach left of his own free will. LSU is a few years from running the table. Notre Dame was 11-1 last year. We all see the upperclassmen at TCU, who was bitten by the injury bug last year pretty bad. None of these were schools that spent the last 12 years wandering the desert. BK at LSU is solid but we will see if the other coaches are good once the previous coach's players move on. That mindset you have is exactly how we got Tom Herman. The next new shiny object. One year of success with someone else's kids doesn't make the coach. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Riley brought his players with him. Oregon was a 10 win team who's coach left of his own free will. LSU is a few years from running the table. Notre Dame was 11-1 last year. We all see the upperclassmen at TCU, who was bitten by the injury bug last year pretty bad. None of these were schools that spent the last 12 years wandering the desert. BK at LSU is solid but we will see if the other coaches are good once the previous coach's players move on. That mindset you have is exactly how we got Tom Herman. The next new shiny object. One year of success with someone else's kids doesn't make the coach. 

I mean herm the worm was 7-3 with cancellations against rice , Lsu and kansas(never lost to the btw.  That’s a Charlie and sark thing). Even his losses his last year were due to singular player errors. All that being said we deserve better than herm and I’m not sure sark is it, despite a rout over Kansas and a sparkling 12-11 record

could shoot holes in your Riley, Kelly arguments but I’m enjoying this usc/ucla game.  I’ll be back

Edited by closetohumping
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

The board absolutely suffers from group think. Always has. You can set your watch by it. There are technical reasons why we lose or struggle, but you guys throw all that shit out the window. Last week we couldn't run the football. That was because TCU's aggressive front was whipping the interior of our line. We are weak at the guard/center spot, and teams try to attack us there. Whether you have the manpower to do that to us or not dictates if we can run on you not how many times we hand it to Bijan. TCU backed that up by loading the box. KU did not and paid the price. 

A lot of people on this board struggle seeing what is going on, or aren't watching the game fully. They say shit like we made no adjustments in the second half when we did but they didn't work. It's happened time and time again. We call for the backup when the starter is struggling and then find out why the backup is the backup. I argue those points and here we are. "Ryan Watts sucks we need to get him out of there". Backup comes in and immediately gives up explosives. This is who Surly is. 

18 reps for this horseshit this is amazing. 

Congrats we beat Kansas. Fucking shoot the confetti cannons. 

I suspected you'd show up trying to make a victory lap post this win. 

The fact is we're still 7-4 in the second season of our head coach in a conference that isn't particularly difficult. We are still failing to contend for a fucking CONFERENCE title. Not a national title like this program should be aiming for - a fucking CONFERENCE title. 

There is zero excuse for this roster to not at the least make a trip to Arlington and that is most likely  not going to happen this season. 

Where is the explanation for that? 

Where is the explanation for this team, two seasons from now, blowing a fucking crucial game because Sark doesn't have the right QB in the game?

Because that is probably going to happen.

You acting like Texas beating Kansas by 30 or 40 or whatever validates this dickhead's tenure on campus is hilarious. 

How in the wide world of fuck is this roster 7-4? Because the guy in charge is a fucking moron. 

We should be playing in Arlington with an outside chance at the CFP. We're nowhere near that. 

Quit feeding the populace with bullshit sunshine. This season was a massive failure just like every season save 2018 has been since 2009. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I thought this was Texas. I thought 7-4 was unacceptable. Aparently that's an amazing step forward that we should all suck each others dicks over. 

Hire a real fucking football coach. 

But yeah - let's take our time. Let's go 9-4 for 4-5 seasons and maybe one year we'll get lucky and win 11 games. 

I'm so fucking sick of this shit. I'm so sick of asshole fans like @Thatguy that think it's somehow acceptable for this program to ever win less than 9 games. It's fucking bullshit. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

I had a feeling we would blow out Kansas.  We should, because top to bottom, we have much, much more talent than they do, the nonsense on this thread earlier this week notwithstanding.  We should be 9-1 with this roster.

I have no idea what will happen with Baylor, although the probability of bed shitting remains high.  I don't trust Sark.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I thought this was Texas. I thought 7-4 was unacceptable. Aparently that's an amazing step forward that we should all suck each others dicks over. 

Hire a real fucking football coach. 

But yeah - let's take our time. Let's go 9-4 for 4-5 seasons and maybe one year we'll get lucky and win 11 games. 

I'm so fucking sick of this shit. I'm so sick of asshole fans like @Thatguy that think it's somehow acceptable for this program to ever win less than 9 games. It's fucking bullshit. 

Calm. The Fuck. Down. 

No one thinks its acceptable, but we have to pay our dues for past sins. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

but we have to pay our dues for past sins. 

No we don't. It's dipshits like you that make us think that we have to. 

You fucking suck. You should go back to not posting here. 

Lincoln Riley and his QB are really struggling this season. So we should be struggling too.

Except they aren't. 

You're fucking clueless. 

Edited by ztejas

I'm glad the basketball team paid its dues for past sins that included hiring Shaka. It took all of... two seasons... for them to reverse those sins and have one of the best teams in the country under the new head coach. 

But that is just totally unattainable for the football team, right, @Thatguy

We need at least 3-4 seasons to turn this thing around, right?

Because no college football program has ever turned it around in less than 3 seasons. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No we don't. It's dipshits like you that make us think that we have to. 

You fucking suck. You should go back to not posting here. 

Yes you fucking do you dumbass mfer. You fire coaches the way we do you start giving all the other schools ammo to negative recruit against you. Good coaches don't want to come here and deal with this toxic bullshit, so here we are with Sark. Kids hit the portal as soon as the coach is gone. That's how we got where we are. 

In case you haven't noticed Aggy been wearing our ass out in recruiting since 19, well before NIL. You know why that's happening? Because of negative recruiting. We lost almost all the good players from Herman's good classes. We have to take our lumps and climb back up the hill, and that process takes a couple years. I see improvement both on the field and in recruiting so I am ok waiting. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

TCU is really having a shit season after hiring a new coach.

I mean damn, they're going to need at least 4 seasons to turn this thing in the right direction. 

Right? @Thatguy? Right?

Your example of "how you do it" is Sonny Dykes?

• Haha 3

18 reps for this horseshit this is amazing. 
Congrats we beat Kansas. Fucking shoot the confetti cannons. 
I suspected you'd show up trying to make a victory lap post this win. 
The fact is we're still 7-4 in the second season of our head coach in a conference that isn't particularly difficult. We are still failing to contend for a fucking CONFERENCE title. Not a national title like this program should be aiming for - a fucking CONFERENCE title. 
There is zero excuse for this roster to not at the least make a trip to Arlington and that is most likely  not going to happen this season. 
Where is the explanation for that? 
Where is the explanation for this team, two seasons from now, blowing a fucking crucial game because Sark doesn't have the right QB in the game?
Because that is probably going to happen.
You acting like Texas beating Kansas by 30 or 40 or whatever validates this dickhead's tenure on campus is hilarious. 
How in the wide world of fuck is this roster 7-4? Because the guy in charge is a fucking moron. 
We should be playing in Arlington with an outside chance at the CFP. We're nowhere near that. 
Quit feeding the populace with bullshit sunshine. This season was a massive failure just like every season save 2018 has been since 2009. 

The Big 12 is the highest rated conference in college football this year. It’s easily the most competitive top to bottom P5 league in CFB.
  • Hook 'Em 7

Please. TCU is gonna fucking suck next year when their upperclassman leave. Sonny Dykes is a known, mediocre quantity — he didn’t magically become a top coach overnight. 

TCU has gotten some incredible luck and faced backup QB’s more than any other team in CFB.

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Yes you fucking do you dumbass mfer. You fire coaches the way we do you start giving all the other schools ammo to negative recruit against you. Good coaches don't want to come here and deal with this toxic bullshit, so here we are with Sark. Kids hit the portal as soon as the coach is gone. That's how we got where we are. 

In case you haven't noticed Aggy been wearing our ass out in recruiting since 19, well before NIL. You know why that's happening? Because of negative recruiting. We lost almost all the good players from Herman's good classes. We have to take our lumps and climb back up the hill, and that process takes a couple years. I see improvement both on the field and in recruiting so I am ok waiting. 

Holy fucking shit you're bringing up aggy? Yeah, how is their team looking? They're really slaying it aren't they? 

And yes my example is Sonny Dykes. Last I checked TCU is fucking 11-0 after going, what, 6-6 or some shit last season? You think that's just some dice roll happenstance? 

Jesus fuck man. Maybe Sark figures it out here but this is a piss-poor 2nd season that he's working on. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Holy fucking shit you're bringing up aggy? Yeah, how is their team looking? They're really slaying it aren't they? 

And yes my example is Sonny Dykes. Last I checked TCU is fucking 11-0 after going, what, 6-6 or some shit last season? You think that's just some dice roll happenstance? 

Jesus fuck man. Maybe Sark figures it out here but this is a piss-poor 2nd season that he's working on. 

Dude, Dykes will lose 4 games minimum next year and maybe more.  I get it.  You hate Sark and think he is a shitty coach.  I hate to break it to you but Dykes aint the second coming of Saban.  He got a senior laden team and has lucked into a lot of wins this year where a bounce here or there that would have been a loss.  Nice Cinderella story TCU has going and they are a solid team this year but if you think TCU under Dykes is the next power house of college football you are sadly mistaken.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

So who should we have kept around, lazy Mack, Charlie, or Herman?

And Aggy has been paying top dollar for recruits long before NIL.

Edited by TXpride
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Of course. Going 8-0 in games decided by 10 points or less is crazy lucky.

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Dude, Dykes will lose 4 games minimum next year and maybe more.  I get it.  You hate Sark and think he is a shitty coach.  I hate to break it to you but Dykes aint the second coming of Saban.  He got a senior laden team and has lucked into a lot of wins this year where a bounce here or there that would have been a loss.  Nice Cinderella story TCU has going and they are a solid team this year but if you think TCU under Dykes is the next power house of college football you are sadly mistaken.  

I do not hate Sark and I do not think he is a shitty coach. I am extremely unsatisfied with what he has done in year 2 given his roster. 

I have watched Dykes coach a lot of games. I went to SMU. He isn't a perfect HC but he knows what the fuck he is doing. Him losing 4 games next season with the recruiting and transfer boost he's going to get from this season is exyremely wishful thinking. 

TCU is not a Cinderella. They have a badass staff in a badass location. They are going to be a fucking problem for years to come. 

I'm not coming here just to throw shit on the wall. I know what I'm talking about.

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

Just now, Vermin said:

Of course. Going 8-0 in games decided by 10 points or less is crazy lucky.

Except they're actually good and they're making plays to win those games. 

They're going to be even more of a problem going forward. He's going to turn TCU into a fucking machine. 

34 minutes ago, TXpride said:

So who should we have kept around, lazy Mack, Charlie, or Herman?

And Aggy has been paying top dollar for recruits long before NIL.

Whether a coach needs to go or not, there's a certain penalty to the turnover.  There's a lot of penalty when you do it every three years for 10 years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Thatguy lumps all posters into a group called “You guys”. 

Thatguy thinks he’s smarter than everyone else. 

Thatguy thinks everyone can’t see what he sees.. 

Thatguy posts a lot a stupid posts.

Thatguy is unaware he posts a lot of stupid posts. 

Thatguy could be a moron.  

Thatguy is unaware he is perceived as a moron on Surly.

Sad.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2