This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Whether a coach needs to go or not, there's a certain penalty to the turnover.  There's a lot of penalty when you do it every three years for 10 years.

Well Thatguy has repeatedly made the argument that our problem is firing coaches to quickly, not hiring shitty ones. And whatever penalty there is, great coaches seem to quickly overcome it.

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

The board absolutely suffers from group think. Always has. You can set your watch by it. There are technical reasons why we lose or struggle, but you guys throw all that shit out the window. Last week we couldn't run the football. That was because TCU's aggressive front was whipping the interior of our line. We are weak at the guard/center spot, and teams try to attack us there. Whether you have the manpower to do that to us or not dictates if we can run on you not how many times we hand it to Bijan. TCU backed that up by loading the box. KU did not and paid the price. 

A lot of people on this board struggle seeing what is going on, or aren't watching the game fully. They say shit like we made no adjustments in the second half when we did but they didn't work. It's happened time and time again. We call for the backup when the starter is struggling and then find out why the backup is the backup. I argue those points and here we are. "Ryan Watts sucks we need to get him out of there". Backup comes in and immediately gives up explosives. This is who Surly is. 

Dude. I've argued all these same points, but I don't pick up my ball and go home like a whiny little bitch just because the Chicken Littles getting their tampons wadded up don't agree with me. I point and laugh at them and keep on.

Again, you have no sense of humor, and most of your takes suck. I count the above to be a case of a blind squirrel finding a nut, or a broken clock being right twice a day... pick your favorite analogy. Maybe we can make "Thatguy points out why we lost to TCU" a similar analogy.

Stop bitching. Laugh more. It's just a fuckin' game, dipshit.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, 40acredropout said:

Your message board badass thing is getting old.  Nobody cares how big of a deal you (think you) are on here.

55 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

When did you change your mind?

356DF6DD-E585-4B05-8E00-096FC23BFC61.jpegB6EAB95D-792C-44D6-B8FD-E8FEAF4F4BC2.thumb.jpeg.384a86d486480d1868e05d9187604ec4.jpeg

Mmm... seems like you do actually care how much of a big deal I am here. I don't even understand how any of that is a "gotcha"? You need to get a life. 

I'm just here to tell assholes what they do and don't know about Texas football. Because obviously I know everything and the rest of you know nothing. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I'm glad the basketball team paid its dues for past sins that included hiring Shaka. It took all of... two seasons... for them to reverse those sins and have one of the best teams in the country under the new head coach. 

But that is just totally unattainable for the football team, right, @Thatguy

We need at least 3-4 seasons to turn this thing around, right?

Because no college football program has ever turned it around in less than 3 seasons. 

With the OL recruiting of Herman (and Strong, and Mack)?  Yes. Simmer down SMU boy. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Dude they've flirted with the playoff twice within a decade under two different coaches now. 

I fucking hate TCU. As much as anyone here. But they are crushing it. They are an issue. 

Let's tap the brakes a bit. The second of those two coaches is doing it with the first guy's players basically. They've been incredibly lucky this season.

• Hook 'Em 1

What is impressive about TCU is how they are winning games. Different ways each time. Come from behind wins. Close wins. But they get the W. This weekend’s win was probably their most exciting one (hurry up field goal.) Having a lot of upper classmen helps in close games. Leadership is key! 

True, Dykes has a lot of older players and he also has a really great OC. They might lose 5 games next year….OR if he can keep a competent OC/DC in charge they could be really formidable and consistent challenger in the new Big 12.

The point is Sark could have us at 11-0 just like TCU with a chance to play for all the conference marbles and to go to the CFP. He needs to give up play calling to an extent and hire a real OC. People can bitch about the cupboard being bare and rankings of recruits being wrong but Texas OU and TCU (distant third in Big 12 recruiting) should have the results bear out of the field. Typically, that’s been the case with OU. TCU needed to hit the reset button with a new HC. There is no excuse for how shitty we’ve been going on a decade plus. No excuse. 

Not playing for the Big 12 (which remarkably we still have a chance to do this year) next year is unacceptable. Period. End of sentence. It needs to be a bumper sticker on the back of Sark’s fucking car. No more all gas no breaks. It’s win big 12 or bust. Period. 

I don’t know why people are fighting or upset. I’ve been pissed since we lost to Texas tech—at Sark. I’m happy to get a decisive win against Kansas but I’m gonna ride Sark’s ass like Zorro online until we win the Big 12. Anything less than winning the Big12 to me is a failure. And no feel good platitudes or silver linings from me. Win the Big 12 or fuck off with the excuses. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Yes you fucking do you dumbass mfer. You fire coaches the way we do you start giving all the other schools ammo to negative recruit against you. Good coaches don't want to come here and deal with this toxic bullshit, so here we are with Sark. Kids hit the portal as soon as the coach is gone. That's how we got where we are. 

In case you haven't noticed Aggy been wearing our ass out in recruiting since 19, well before NIL. You know why that's happening? Because of negative recruiting. We lost almost all the good players from Herman's good classes. We have to take our lumps and climb back up the hill, and that process takes a couple years. I see improvement both on the field and in recruiting so I am ok waiting. 

Your example of "how you do it" is Sonny Dykes?

The fact that you think other schools negative recruiting is why they didn’t come to Texas or was somehow better than pointing and laughing at shithead Steve and 5-7 with a historically bad run and a QB that he threw under the bus repeatedly is hilarious. It’s like you don’t know what you are talking about. 

Tom Herman was being negatively recruited from WITHIN THE PROGRAM and he was such a miserable cunt that he burned alllllllll the bridges with boosters and the AD not once, but twice. He was fired for that. Not for being a bad coach. He was not a bad coach. He was frustrating to watch, played down to his opponents, but he still played for the big XII championship. Was ranked a bunch and didn’t lose a bunch of games. 

sark is a bad coach. He has none of those problems. He has NIL and the transfer portal. Sark went 5-7 last year because he was too fucking stupid to get a portal LB and DL and OL and DB.everyone with eyes knew we needed those and he chose to play a fucking legacy walk on and a WR turned safety basically walk on alongside a toxic quitter shithead. 

This year sark has *checks notes* coached his way out of 2 easy wins against complete dogshit opponents and was too much of a pussy to beat Alabama when it really mattered and lost to TCU because he decided to not run the best back in CFB, because reasons. even without the last 2 losses being wins this team is on track. It’s the 2 losses that clearly were gimmes that really fucking piss everyone off to the point where the other games are inexcusable losses, losing to fucking TCU was so damaging to sarks career because it confirmed he’s a complete loser who is out of his depth. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

The fact that you think other schools negative recruiting is why they didn’t come to Texas or was somehow better than pointing and laughing at shithead Steve and 5-7 with a historically bad run and a QB that he threw under the bus repeatedly is hilarious. It’s like you don’t know what you are talking about. 

Tom Herman was being negatively recruited from WITHIN THE PROGRAM and he was such a miserable cunt that he burned alllllllll the bridges with boosters and the AD not once, but twice. He was fired for that. Not for being a bad coach. He was not a bad coach. He was frustrating to watch, played down to his opponents, but he still played for the big XII championship. Was ranked a bunch and didn’t lose a bunch of games. 

sark is a bad coach. He has none of those problems. He has NIL and the transfer portal. Sark went 5-7 last year because he was too fucking stupid to get a portal LB and DL and OL and DB.everyone with eyes knew we needed those and he chose to play a fucking legacy walk on and a WR turned safety basically walk on alongside a toxic quitter shithead. 

This year sark has *checks notes* coached his way out of 2 easy wins against complete dogshit opponents and was too much of a pussy to beat Alabama when it really mattered and lost to TCU because he decided to not run the best back in CFB, because reasons. even without the last 2 losses being wins this team is on track. It’s the 2 losses that clearly were gimmes that really fucking piss everyone off to the point where the other games are inexcusable losses, losing to fucking TCU was so damaging to sarks career because it confirmed he’s a complete loser who is out of his depth. 

Confirmation that I made the right decision staying away from the Football & $9.95 boards for this past week.

Now, back to the FÚTBOL board for the next 4 weeks.

forrest-gump.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

What is impressive about TCU is how they are winning games. Different ways each time. Come from behind wins. Close wins. But they get the W. This weekend’s win was probably their most exciting one (hurry up field goal.) Having a lot of upper classmen helps in close games. Leadership is key! 

True, Dykes has a lot of older players and he also has a really great OC. They might lose 5 games next year….OR if he can keep a competent OC/DC in charge they could be really formidable and consistent challenger in the new Big 12.

The point is Sark could have us at 11-0 just like TCU with a chance to play for all the conference marbles and to go to the CFP. He needs to give up play calling to an extent and hire a real OC. People can bitch about the cupboard being bare and rankings of recruits being wrong but Texas OU and TCU (distant third in Big 12 recruiting) should have the results bear out of the field. Typically, that’s been the case with OU. TCU needed to hit the reset button with a new HC. There is no excuse for how shitty we’ve been going on a decade plus. No excuse. 

Not playing for the Big 12 (which remarkably we still have a chance to do this year) next year is unacceptable. Period. End of sentence. It needs to be a bumper sticker on the back of Sark’s fucking car. No more all gas no breaks. It’s win big 12 or bust. Period. 

I don’t know why people are fighting or upset. I’ve been pissed since we lost to Texas tech—at Sark. I’m happy to get a decisive win against Kansas but I’m gonna ride Sark’s ass like Zorro online until we win the Big 12. Anything less than winning the Big12 to me is a failure. And no feel good platitudes or silver linings from me. Win the Big 12 or fuck off with the excuses. 

In the grand scope of things when it comes down to winning these one score games it really just comes down to how many Jaylan Ford's do you have. Guys that make plays when it's their turn to make them. We could've won every game we played if we just got that sack(Bama), didn't fumble(Tech), didn't drop a pass or caught the three INTs that hit us in the hands(OSU). TCU seems to have a guy play big whenever there is a need for someone to step up. They had a bad game plan. They even called some "play not to lose" plays to close it out but guys made the plays they needed to. 

5 hours ago, TXpride said:

So who should we have kept around, lazy Mack, Charlie, or Herman?

And Aggy has been paying top dollar for recruits long before NIL.

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Whether a coach needs to go or not, there's a certain penalty to the turnover.  There's a lot of penalty when you do it every three years for 10 years.

4 hours ago, TXpride said:

Well Thatguy has repeatedly made the argument that our problem is firing coaches to quickly, not hiring shitty ones. And whatever penalty there is, great coaches seem to quickly overcome it.

As Twice just explained whether the coach needed to go or not, perception is reality. The perception is we have a short leash with coaches. When you fire coaches THE GUY that the kids signed on for is no longer there. Some of them feel abandoned and are scared if the new guy will see them as an asset. So they bolt. The transitional class is almost always shit as well. Good coaches are hesitant to come here due to that perception as well, despite all the benefits of being employed in the state of Texas. Penalties have to be paid when you've turned over as many coaches as we've had to in the amount of time we have. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Dude. I've argued all these same points, but I don't pick up my ball and go home like a whiny little bitch just because the Chicken Littles getting their tampons wadded up don't agree with me. I point and laugh at them and keep on.

Again, you have no sense of humor, and most of your takes suck. I count the above to be a case of a blind squirrel finding a nut, or a broken clock being right twice a day... pick your favorite analogy. Maybe we can make "Thatguy points out why we lost to TCU" a similar analogy.

Stop bitching. Laugh more. It's just a fuckin' game, dipshit.

WTF are you even talking about? Lol. This post sounds like projection. Look around dumb ass. I am not the one flailing about crying about Texas Football. No doom and gloom here. That's you guys. Constantly making posts about fire this guy or that. I don't have 10-20k posts here. I pop on here for stretches and am off for stretches. This shit doesn't matter to me, and hasn't for 15 years. 

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Holy fucking shit you're bringing up aggy? Yeah, how is their team looking? They're really slaying it aren't they? 

And yes my example is Sonny Dykes. Last I checked TCU is fucking 11-0 after going, what, 6-6 or some shit last season? You think that's just some dice roll happenstance? 

Jesus fuck man. Maybe Sark figures it out here but this is a piss-poor 2nd season that he's working on. 

It's not about how their team looks its about how they are taking away recruits from us. 

I don't know where you are in the state, probably DFW, but you need to check the temperature. Aggy has been building in popularity since we've been down. Kids now are coming up believing and wanting to go to Aggy over Texas. They have never been more popular, and Aggy is using it to take over the state and balloon their enrollment. When Aggy is outrecruiting us that's a problem. Luckily they can't evaluate QBs. 

We can't afford losing anymore ground to them, or anyone else coming in here and stealing the state's best players. 

Yesterday didn’t erase my long term doubts about Sark, but I will say that it’s the first time all year he has called the game to the strengths of the team he actually has and not as if he has the team he wishes he had. Lots of easy completions for QE and lean on the running game as long as he could, which was basically the whole game. That’s a good thing and hopefully a sign of progress.

I’m also intrigued by Joe Cook’s report of Kyle Flood calling plays in the second half. I’m hoping they are testing out that model as a plan for going forward because I think it would benefit Sark to give up that aspect of coaching duties on game day. 

8-4 was always my goal for this season, and while we should already have 8 wins, it is still within our grasp to get there. Win on Friday, stack up another strong recruiting class with some additions through the portal, get QE’s fundamentals back on track, another year of development for the o-line, return of Neyor, and then next year is showtime.  

Hopium, it’s what’s for breakfast. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

What?
Mack got 15 or so seasons.

Charlie got 3.

Herman got 4.

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

As Twice just explained whether the coach needed to go or not, perception is reality. The perception is we have a short leash with coaches. When you fire coaches THE GUY that the kids signed on for is no longer there. Some of them feel abandoned and are scared if the new guy will see them as an asset. So they bolt. The transitional class is almost always shit as well. Good coaches are hesitant to come here due to that perception as well, despite all the benefits of being employed in the state of Texas. Penalties have to be paid when you've turned over as many coaches as we've had to in the amount of time we have. 

And we are back to the “shoulda kept Charlie” and “the next shiny thing” fallacies.

We shouldn’t have kept Charlie. He fucking sucked. He was negatively recruited BECAUSE HE FUCKING SUCKED. Other coaches were telling recruits he would be fired, BECAUSE HE WAS THE WORST COAH IN TEXAS HISTORY. They could point to his obviously horrific record and say “he sucks, do you really want to play for such a terrible coach” and “he’s gonna be fired” because of his 7 loss seasons. Claiming otherwise is disingenuous at best and a flat out lie at worst.

Sark was NOT a “shiny object” for which the Texas fan base (or even the administration) was grasping. Sark was a fallback hire. Thankfully, it turns out that the coach TEXAS Admin got can recruit (or maybe it’s NIL, doesn’t matter) and is well liked by players and within the program.  Can he compete for a BigXii championship or even an appearance? That still remains to be seen. That is the minimum goal at TEXAS.

Edited by lilMAC25

16 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Yesterday didn’t erase my long term doubts about Sark, but I will say that it’s the first time all year he has called the game to the strengths of the team he actually has and not as if he has the team he wishes he had. Lots of easy completions for QE and lean on the running game as long as he could, which was basically the whole game. That’s a good thing and hopefully a sign of progress.

I’m also intrigued by Joe Cook’s report of Kyle Flood calling plays in the second half. I’m hoping they are testing out that model as a plan for going forward because I think it would benefit Sark to give up that aspect of coaching duties on game day. 

8-4 was always my goal for this season, and while we should already have 8 wins, it is still within our grasp to get there. Win on Friday, stack up another strong recruiting class with some additions through the portal, get QE’s fundamentals back on track, another year of development for the o-line, return of Neyor, and then next year is showtime.  

Hopium, it’s what’s for breakfast. 

Good post, and I didn’t hear that about Flood. I like it.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Yes you fucking do you dumbass mfer. You fire coaches the way we do you start giving all the other schools ammo to negative recruit against you. Good coaches don't want to come here and deal with this toxic bullshit, so here we are with Sark. Kids hit the portal as soon as the coach is gone. That's how we got where we are. 

In case you haven't noticed Aggy been wearing our ass out in recruiting since 19, well before NIL. You know why that's happening? Because of negative recruiting. We lost almost all the good players from Herman's good classes. We have to take our lumps and climb back up the hill, and that process takes a couple years. I see improvement both on the field and in recruiting so I am ok waiting. 

Your example of "how you do it" is Sonny Dykes?

Maybe if Texas hired, you know, good coaches it wouldn't be an issue?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, austintiger said:

Maybe if Texas hired, you know, good coaches it wouldn't be an issue?

You have to keep coaches like retired on the job/failing at recruiting Mack and Strong around because of negative recruitin, haven't ya heard?

no one ever even thought of negative recruiting Mack before 2010. 😂 

Edited by lilMAC25

8 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Please. TCU is gonna fucking suck next year when their upperclassman leave. Sonny Dykes is a known, mediocre quantity — he didn’t magically become a top coach overnight. 

And neither did sark. If you believe sark would go 11 and 0 with that team that I don't really know what to say to you. Dykes is no Saban but he could coach circles around sark and did.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

WTF are you even talking about? Lol. This post sounds like projection. Look around dumb ass. I am not the one flailing about crying about Texas Football. No doom and gloom here. That's you guys. Constantly making posts about fire this guy or that. I don't have 10-20k posts here. I pop on here for stretches and am off for stretches. This shit doesn't matter to me, and hasn't for 15 years. 

All the points you think you make get shit on by the fact that Brian Kelly and Lincoln Riley exist. This isn't hard. At a blue blood school that recruits a lot of talent, good coaches win big quickly. LSU is rolling after 2 early hiccup losses. They will play for a conference championship in year one for him. They will be a problem for years to come.

All you do is invent hare brained excuses for why a coach isn't getting it done and point fingers at everyone but the person in charge.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Please. TCU is gonna fucking suck next year when their upperclassman leave. Sonny Dykes is a known, mediocre quantity — he didn’t magically become a top coach overnight. 

This argument is NOT exactly damning the coach you think it is…

Do you have any idea how many 10 win seasons Sarkisian/Dykes has had? Do you know how many 9 win seasons Sarkisian/Dykes has had? Do you know how many 8 win seasons Dykes/Sark has had? Do you know what Sark/Dykes career winning % is?

Because if Dykes is a “known mediocre quantity”, then Sark is even more mediocre and I ain’t basing that on head to head.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

All the points you think you make get shit on by the fact that Brian Kelly and Lincoln Riley exist. This isn't hard. At a blue blood school that recruits a lot of talent, good coaches win big quickly. LSU is rolling after 2 early hiccup losses. They will be a problem for years to come.

All you do is invent hare brained excuses for why a coach isn't getting it done and point fingers at everyone but the person in charge.

It’s the simple answer that eludes people for the longest time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We should be going for 10-2 with an outside shot at the playoff as opposed to 8-4 with an outside shot at the conference championship 

But still, 8-4 is reasonable for year 2. We can expect 10-2 next year and be pissed if it doesn’t happen 

Before the season no one would have been upset with 8-4 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Also, you aren't taking your ball and going home.  You're persistent as hell.

I, for one, appreciate the contrary view.

I have been a Sark supporter, but I am worried.  And, I am quite concerned about doing it all over again if we prematurely dismiss him.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

I thought this was Texas. I thought 7-4 was unacceptable. Aparently that's an amazing step forward that we should all suck each others dicks over. 

Hire a real fucking football coach. 

But yeah - let's take our time. Let's go 9-4 for 4-5 seasons and maybe one year we'll get lucky and win 11 games. 

I'm so fucking sick of this shit. I'm so sick of asshole fans like @Thatguy that think it's somehow acceptable for this program to ever win less than 9 games. It's fucking bullshit. 

Since I was born Texas has won 9 or more games 16 times, which leaves 20 seasons of less than 9 wins lol. You’re just projecting “we’re Texas” all over the place and that’s ok. We have all the resources to be great but the truth is we are more often just average. In my 36 years Texas has 5 conference championships. Who the fuck told you we should win a lot of conference games with an outside shot at the college football playoff? Lmao. You trying to shit on @Thatguyfor suggesting it takes time is why the rest of college football laughs at us. You see the all time wins and the Royal/brown eras and conflate that with the rest of the 80 years of winning 8 games. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Since I was born Texas has won 9 or more games 16 times, which leaves 20 seasons of less than 9 wins lol. You’re just projecting “we’re Texas” all over the place and that’s ok. We have all the resources to be great but the truth is we are more often just average. In my 36 years Texas has 5 conference championships. Who the fuck told you we should win a lot of conference games with an outside shot at the college football playoff? Lmao. You trying to shit on @Thatguyfor suggesting it takes time is why the rest of college football laughs at us. You see the all time wins and the Royal/brown eras and conflate that with the rest of the 80 years of winning 8 games. 

Now do the concentration of those less than 9 win seasons and the coaches that did them. Then tell me what those coaches did after they left or before they came as far as 9 win seasons and let me know if they get to your original 16 number combined. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

“We are only one of the ten best programs ever not one of the five best. Why should we compete for titles?”

• Hook 'Em 1

Still a huge range of outcomes for this season; we have a chance to finish 10-4, 9-4, 9-5, 8-5, 8-6, or 7-6.  At the time of Sark’s hire most people would have started beating off if you’d told them we’d be 10-4 with a conference championship and a top 5 recruiting class in year 2 (while having a 49-0 win over OU and being 4 plays away from an undefeated season).  Just the same, most people would have rioted if you’d told them Sark would be .500 after 2 years.

Considering how recruiting is going, 8-9 wins puts Sark on a fine trajectory with next season and the following being the real proving ground.  7-6 would be bad, and should put Sark on the hot seat.  10 wins is extension territory.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Yeah, my fandom spans a longer period, including 1984 to 1991, my on-campus "formative" years.  So, my expectations are tempered a bit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Still a huge range of outcomes for this season; we have a chance to finish 10-4, 9-4, 9-5, 8-5, 8-6, or 7-6.  At the time of Sark’s hire most people would have started beating off if you’d told them we’d be 10-4 with a conference championship and a top 5 recruiting class in year 2 (and a 49-0 win over OU).  Just the same, most people would have rioted if you’d told them Sark would be .500 after 2 years.

Considering how recruiting is going, 8-9 wins puts Sark on a fine trajectory with next season and the following being the real proving ground.  7-6 would be a bad, and should put Sark on the hot seat.  10 wins is extension territory.

There are no outcomes this season that should lead to any discussion of extensions. Full stop 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Still a huge range of outcomes for this season; we have a chance to finish 10-4, 9-4, 9-5, 8-5, 8-6, or 7-6.  At the time of Sark’s hire most people would have started beating off if you’d told them we’d be 10-4 with a conference championship and a top 5 recruiting class in year 2 (while having a 49-0 win over OU and being 4 plays away from an undefeated season).  Just the same, most people would have rioted if you’d told them Sark would be .500 after 2 years.

Considering how recruiting is going, 8-9 wins puts Sark on a fine trajectory with next season and the following being the real proving ground.  7-6 would be bad, and should put Sark on the hot seat.  10 wins is extension territory.

I'm not sure about extensions, those worry me.  But, yeah, I think the overall tone around here is unduly negative.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

also it’s a bit optimistic to look at the season and say we should be 10-2 because of Tech and OSU games. You can easily look at two miracle fumbles and say we should be 5-6

One little different chromosome and my aunt would be my uncle.

Edited by MotownHorn

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not sure about extensions, those worry me.  But, yeah, I think the overall tone around here is unduly negative.

The TCU game was the worst offensive performance since Strong at ND. There is plenty of reason for negativity.

Im glad we finally had a game plan and play calling that reflected the team on the field instead of the Sark just calling “his offense” no matter what. It’s amazing what happens when you play to your strengths.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Neonmoon said:

Suggesting aggy success in recruiting under Jimbo has anything to do with stability or results on the field is so naïve it was sponsored by Forest Gump

Well, now, wait a minute.  I'm told that on talent alone, we should be dominating the Big XII.

Aggy is aggy, but on paper they are among the more talented in SECW.

The reason Sark's playcalling looked great against Kansas is they couldn't stop our run game.  They were physically outmatched at the point of attack, almost as if, I don't know, we had a lot more talent than them.  When that happens, you keep running. Anyone on Surly could have called that game.  

TCU sold out its LBs to shut down our run game.  Sark had no counterpunch to that other than throw deep to Worthy.  

Let's wait until we play a real defense again before we start celebrating Sark's gameplanning.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, bschoolprof said:

The reason Sark's playcalling looked great against Kansas is they couldn't stop our run game.  They were physically outmatched at the point of attack, almost as if, I don't know, we had a lot more talent than them.  When that happens, you keep running. Anyone on Surly could have called that game.  

TCU sold out its LBs to shut down our run game.  Sark had no counterpunch to that other than throw deep to Worthy.  

Let's wait until we play a real defense again before we start celebrating Sark's gameplanning.  

Well, he really put the handcuffs on Ewers, for once.  It's a matter of speculation and not certainty whether a similar gameplan would have been effective against TCU.

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

Now do the concentration of those less than 9 win seasons and the coaches that did them. Then tell me what those coaches did after they left or before they came as far as 9 win seasons and let me know if they get to your original 16 number combined. 

Yeah those coaches aren’t great lol. That doesn’t prove that Texas should be winning titles every year dummy. That proves that we’ve managed to hire 2 good coaches in our history. That’s embarrassing. We should have kept Mack around winning 8-9 games asleep at the wheel than this shit show we’ve been put through for the last 9 seasons. If we fire sark you think we are going to get it right this time? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

Yeah those coaches aren’t great lol. That doesn’t prove that Texas should be winning titles every year dummy. That proves that we’ve managed to hire 2 good coaches in our history. That’s embarrassing. We should have kept Mack around winning 8-9 games asleep at the wheel than this shit show we’ve been put through for the last 9 seasons. If we fire sark you think we are going to get it right this time? 

So your argument is commit to eating shit because there’s a possibility your next meal could be shit, but also might not be? Interesting 

• Hook 'Em 1

It would have been hilarious to see this thread if we continued to run Bijan into 8 and 9 man boxes against TCU. The dude had 12 carries for 29 yards. We could have stuck with the run game longer and been more creative with it but thinking some magical breakthrough was coming if we just kept pounding our head against the wall is wishful thinking. Kansas sucks, had a poor gameplan where they played a safety 15 yards deep every play and was run over. TCU is good, had a good gameplan and executed it. We did not execute ours well and were too late in adjusting.

That’s football. Our head coach said he blew it and we’ll see if anything changes. Again, maybe that’s wishful thinking. But we’ll see.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Don't think I agree about Mack.  I think he was in a serious downward spiral that would have equaled or "bettered" Strong, or the worst parts of Herman.

But yeah, we don't have a great record of hiring good coaches over the middle term of the last about 50 years, or of winning.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

So your argument is commit to eating shit because there’s a possibility your next meal could be shit, but also might not be? Interesting 

Mack is the second best coach we’ve ever had and he won 2 conference titles in his time, only on years we had hall of fame QB’s that took us to national championship games. You eat shit as a Texas fan, and always have. Some years they put flavor in it and you didn’t realize it was shit. Royal ain’t walking through that door bud.