This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

29 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

Shouldn’t have looked this up…but if Tech beats OU, Texas will have wins against only 2 teams with winning records. One is UTSA.

fuck you sark

There's a lot of parity in the Big 12.

29 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

Shouldn’t have looked this up…but if Tech beats OU, Texas will have wins against only 2 teams with winning records. One is UTSA.

fuck you sark

It only took 2 years for Herman to clean up Strong's mess and get Texas to the CCG. I wonder how many years it will take Sark. Next year will probably be his last chance to make a Big 12 CCG due to either conference realignment or firing.

Sorry, I can’t understand you with Tommy’s dick in your mouth…
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

It only took 2 years for Herman to clean up Strong's mess and get Texas to the CCG. I wonder how many years it will take Sark. Next year will probably be his last chance to make a Big 12 CCG due to either conference realignment or firing.

Wasn’t Herman in the exact same situation year 2 with osu and West Virginia needing to win? Whoever it was Herman got the help from another team to get to the CCG. 

Well..no matter which way you slice it and how much it sucked the ways we lost the games we did this season, we went from finishing as the 7th team out of 10 in the Big 12 last season (and no bowl game) to 3rd out of 10 this season (plus a bowl game). That is, by definition (and regardless of whether or not we feel like we “deserve” more) progress.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

Sorry, I can’t understand you with Tommy’s dick in your mouth…

Fuck Tom Herman. My point was that Sark couldn't even accomplish something that Herman did in year 2 of his regime. Year 3 and year 4 under Tom were progressively worse than the year 2 peak which is why he was rightfully canned, plus he was an asshole

Watching these games today just makes me feel worse about the state of our program.

We didn’t beat anyone with a pulse.

Our quarterback sucks ass.

KSU and TCU are going to fight out the Grimace Bowl next week while we sit at home hoping Evan Stewart comes here so Ewers can overthrow him repeatedly next season.

We’re losing Bijan and Roschon.

And I’m out of beer.

• Fuck You 4

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Watching these games today just makes me feel worse about the state of our program.

KSU and TCU are going to fight out the Grimace Bowl next week while we sit at home hoping Evan Stewart comes here so Ewers can overthrow him repeatedly next season.

And I’m out of beer.

v1dGWE.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

And I’m out of beer.

If Stewart comes here Quinn's completion percentage will go up by 10 percentage points easily. I think we would all find out very quickly that he isn't as bad a QB as we all thought he was. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

And I’m out of beer.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Some context - I looked this up because we are shitting on LSU in the aggy thread for beating 3 teams with winning records.

Honestly ignorant on this and too tired to look it up…but how can we be sure that the big 12 isn’t just really shitty this year? Parity can exist when all teams are shit. That’s how you end up with fucking TCU in a playoff spot with a first year coach. They’re going to get the shit beat out of them.

Sark went 1-3 against teams with winning records in conference. 1-4 overall. 2 fucking wins against +.500 teams. One UTSA. Neither dominant. Fuck you Steve Sarkisan. Fuck anyone and everyone involved in this hire. This guy sucks and is another embarrassment to a great institution. Let’s hope CDC pulls his head out of his ass next search and hires a coach that won’t be a fucking embarrassment to a great institution. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

Some context - I looked this up because we are shitting on LSU in the aggy thread for beating 3 teams with winning records.

Honestly ignorant on this and too tired to look it up…but how can we be sure that the big 12 isn’t just really shitty this year? Parity can exist when all teams are shit. That’s how you end up with fucking TCU in a playoff spot with a first year coach. They’re going to get the shit beat out of them.

Sark went 1-3 against teams with winning records in conference. 1-4 overall. 2 fucking wins against +.500 teams. One UTSA. Neither dominant. Fuck you Steve Sarkisan. Fuck anyone and everyone involved in this hire. This guy sucks and is another embarrassment to a great institution. Let’s hope CDC pulls his head out of his ass next search and hires a coach that won’t be a fucking embarrassment to a great institution. 

LOL, an embarrassment?  No last year was an embarrassment.  You can parse it your way, I could say, "well our strength of schedule likely finishes out the year in the top 10 in the nation so while yea I always want to be better it's not an embarrassment"

4 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

Most of the Big 12 took care of business with their out-of-conference schedules. Kansas, Oklahoma, ISU, and Okie Lite took all their losses in conference. Our OOC loss was Bama.

Jesus. What is with the fucking meltdown here. 

We're gonna be just fine, assholes. 

Sark has this program moving in the right direction for once. 

Yes, me, like you, would have liked to see more this season but at the end of the day we had absolute dick at QB. 

Let's see what we can put together next season with some experience at QB and some additional momentum towards the O Line and defensive secondary. 

We're going to be fine. We really are. Look at what that dickhead Harbuagh (redacted) has done at Michigan. 

Sometimes it just takes a few years to rebuild. 

I think Sark can really turn this shit around. 

JUST GIVE HIM A FUCKING SECOND, WILL YOU?

Anyway... go Horns. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

And I’m out of beer.

Find a beer and quit being a pussy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

I was told last night that the Big 12 is stronger than it’s ever been and the Baylor and Kansas wins were “program defining.”

I’m looking forward to a 14-0 season next year without Bijan. Sark is that good of a coach. Nothing to worry about.

Remain Calm All Is Well GIF

You were told you were an idiot for saying the Big 12 is down this year. That's because it's true, you were an idiot for saying that.

You merely confirmed that you're an idiot with this post where your second sentence completely contradicts your first sentence. People are saying that the Big 12 is really good, so your sarcastic implication that everyone is expecting an undefeated season makes no sense. You are the one who says the conference sucks, so you would be more likely to expect a great record.

Again, moron. It has nothing to do with thinking Sarkisian is a good coach, because I don't. But that doesn't negate the fact that you're a very stupid person.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Most of the Big 12 took care of business with their out-of-conference schedules. Kansas, Oklahoma, ISU, and Okie Lite took all their losses in conference. Our OOC loss was Bama.

I’d think in retrospect, maybe the big 12 gets positive marks for close losses to Bama and Tulane. NC state is ok I guess (5th in division). There’s nothing in big 12 OOC that looks respectable today.

34 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

LOL, an embarrassment?  No last year was an embarrassment.  You can parse it your way, I could say, "well our strength of schedule likely finishes out the year in the top 10 in the nation so while yea I always want to be better it's not an embarrassment"

Models love the big 12. Bowl season might give us more data points that show the models are correct.

It doesn’t pass the eyeball test for me. Other than all teams outside of TCU losing a lot, what’s a viable data point to suggest the conference is strong? The OOC slate looks far less compelling today than it did in September.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Shag said:

And I’m out of beer.

What a fucking pathetic post. “We didn’t beat anyone with a pulse”. We beat a Kansas State team who is about to be ranked top 10 in the country ON THE ROAD. There is 1 or 2 home losses TOTAL for teams in the top 10 and the university of Texas is responsible for one.

What about today made you feel worse? Was it Ohio State losing the first time they played a team who could throw a forward pass after their previous 11 opponents had a combined 61-65 record ? Or was it #5 LSU, whose second best win after beating Bama is mediocre Mississippi fucking State, losing to a sorry A&M team? Or was it pastor Dabo continuing his slow decline by refusing to adapt? Or I bet it was watching darling Oregon piss away their hopes and dreams against Oregon State. 

Please tell us more about how today’s slate of college football spelled doom for the future of Texas.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

What a fucking pathetic post.

Was it Texas, whose second best win after beating KSU is to a 6-6 Baylor/Kansas/OU team, or losing to every other p5 opponent with a winning record?

Please tell us more about today’s slate of college football spelled doom for the future of Texas.

Fify

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Bobby Burton’s preseason prediction for this year was 7-5. Scipio had us at 8-4, and I think Nahlin did as well but I wouldn’t swear to it. I can’t remember what Gerry and Justin said. Boyd always overestimates Texas because he sees football in a very theoretical sense of what should happen on paper and has no real feel for the actual game.  I thought his pick of WV was an answer to the question of “who is your dark horse team to win the B12?” not who is most likely to win it. 

Gerry had us at 8-4 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

And I’m out of beer.

you're a pussy ass bitch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

He's not getting fired as long as Arch is on campus unless he does something really, really stupid like lose to App State or an FCS team or Kansas again. Other than those outcomes he has a pretty long rope to see what he can do with Manning. 

Sure. But it’s not like he needs an absurd 30M to make it make financial sense which is what inwas responding to. 
It wouldn’t be risk free, but insurance could mitigate a lot of that risk if he wanted to go down that road. I wouldn’t think we’d make the offer and I wouldn’t think he’d take it if we did. 
NIL will make it easier for some players to come back for their senior year, but not a RB that likely gets a first round grade..even if it isn't as high as we think it should be. As others have already mentioned, RB's used to be just behind QB as NFL priorities, not so much the past 15 years or so. Even taking that and NIL into account, the chance of injury over the course of fall camp combined with a long season makes it extremely unlikely even a massive NIL deal changes things. That's one year of eligibility left vs a multi-year NFL career..no contest.

I'd love for Sark to be the guy.  But I'm not 50/50 on whether, if I were betting, he is the guy.  I'd say it's like 10% he is the guy.  If he wins the conference next year, or comes close (e.g., losing a close one in the championship to a better team), then I'll happily admit I was wrong.  He seems like a coach that is always going to have at least 2-3 brainfart, wtf losses every year.  
You do realize there are complete imbeciles with championship rings as HC, right? There is one in east-central Texas as we speak. I just say this because everyone tends to overthink the X's, O's, halftime adjustments and all those details. It's often a matter of recruiting extremely well, getting assistants who know their shit and occasionally stumbling into a freakishly talented QB that lifts up the entire team. Sark is more than capable of that. Everyone is looking for the next Saban, but that isn't likely to be replicated in our lifetime, maybe ever.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Slacks said:

So... I am concerned about one thing with Sark. Has he ever recruited a Dual Threat QB and let said QB threst dually?

I think teams have to be stacked on stacked to win in CFB with a pocket only QB.

I believe he’s on the record as saying he recruits passers to pass and runners to run. 

I disagree strongly with that premise. Making the defense play 11 on 11 opens up many more opportunities. The QB doesn’t have to be VY, he just needs to be able to take yardage available and slide instead of being a statue who throws the ball away if there’s no open man. It’s fair to say that doing this doesn’t require a dual threat QB, per se, but this doesn’t seem like something he actively promotes. Or maybe he just doesn’t promote it as much as I’d like. Don’t know. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, gmr548 said:

The way recruiting is going, I think it’s possible that Texas could straight out talent most of the mutant Big 12 to the tune of 9-10 wins over the next couple years. Not necessarily my prediction but I see the path.

Texas will not be able to do the same in the SEC and I don’t think Sark is going to consistently exceed his 7-8 win career benchmark when the schedule has 4-5 teams in the same talent ballpark instead of 2.

Next year is our last year in big 12. Then it comes down to coaching in the sec where everyone has talent. 

And I’m out of beer.

Honestly watching OSU-Michigan and other games yesterday, I realized that this is the first season in a long while that I wasn’t watching CFP contenders at the end of the year and thinking “holy shit, Texas is so far from this…” which was both refreshing and frustrating.

Out of conference play can be instructive.

TCU demolished Colorado - eh okay, get in line.
KSU demolished a .500 Mizzou team that is only a game under .500 in SEC play. They do have the Tulane loss, but at least Tulane is 10-2 and playing for their conference
Texas went to the last play with a 10-win Bama team.
Tech beat a UH team with a winning record and lost to NC State. Meh.
OSU big win over ASU. Eh.
Baylor OT loss on the road to 7-5 BYU. Not a horrible loss.
OU demolished Nebraska, not a special accomplishment, but no one in their conference except Michigan laid a similar beating.
KU beat UH and a 8-win Duke team.
WVU beat a bad VT comfortably and lost in OT on the road to an 8-win Pitt team.
ISU beat Iowa, who was is control of their B1G West destiny in the last week of the year.

So, 9-5 against P5/BYU/upper tier AAC teams. I think the non conference profiles with the general sentiment on the Big 12, not elite at the top but the bottom doesn’t ever fall out completely and competitive across the board.
  • Hook 'Em 4

Next year is our last year in big 12. Then it comes down to coaching in the sec where everyone has talent. 

Maybe, maybe not. Everyone was confident year was our last year at one point. Then the consensus was this year. Now next year… regardless, whether it’s another year or two, the general sentiment is the same.

9 hours ago, Thatguy said:

He didn't recruit but let Jake Locker do Jake Locker type stuff that ended with Locker being drafted 8th. 

And Jake Locker was a shitty QB in college and the NFL.

He was all potential. Nothing but hype. The definition of a loser. He was a fucking joke. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

And Jake Locker was a shitty QB in college and the NFL.

He was all potential. Nothing but hype. The definition of a loser. He was a fucking joke. 

You seem to live in a black and white world.  He was a really good athlete.   Had a strong arm.  Just not very accurate.  His running got him hurt a lot.  Yeah, he was a decent college QB and not a very good NFL one.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

You seem to live in a black and white world.  He was a really good athlete.   Had a strong arm.  Just not very accurate.  His running got him hurt a lot.  Yeah, he was a decent college QB and not a very good NFL one.  

Right. A QB hyped on potential. He was never a good QB.