This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

13 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Do you live under a rock?

Maybe?  This is front page news that a normal person should know about?  I’ve never heard of the company, don’t know their brand or no her, and the only people I’ve heard of in the story are Kanye and Kim K. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Maybe?  This is front page news that a normal person should know about?  I’ve never heard of the company, don’t know their brand or no her, and the only people I’ve heard of in the story are Kanye and Kim K. 

It’s literally been one of the leading international news stories for 4-5 days straight. But ok dude.

15 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

They’re getting grief for having teddy bears in BDSM outfits in ads with kids? Am I understanding this correctly?

Much more than that.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

It’s literally been one of the leading international news stories for 4-5 days straight. But ok dude.

Much more than that.

Look man, 5,000-10,000 words about the astros in the off-season  a day don’t write themselves. And it’s not on the everyone gets a trophy podcast. I guess coaches wife hasn’t heard the story either so that’s two of us. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Much more than that.

Well, that and a image of a page from a court decision upholding the PROTECT Act Is all I’ve seen, but I’m sure there’s something super important — more so than making Nikes with forced labor, for example — if people should be hounded for wearing their stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Well, that and a image of a page from a court decision upholding the PROTECT Act Is all I’ve seen, but I’m sure there’s something super important — more so than making Nikes with forced labor, for example — if people should be hounded for wearing their stuff. 

Sad Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

A good common sense check for 2022. If you find yourself on the same side of a controversial issue as Kanye West, you might want to do a little more research.

Edited by Loop 1604

27 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Seems a little exaggerate-y.  I have a subscription to WaPo -- I don't see it on their main page.  I don't see it on CNN.  Maybe the story already played out?

ThEy'rE exPLoiTing the cHilDRen! as he types from his iphone, made using chinese slave labor and specifically little kids hands that can manipulate the parts better.  I'm so tired of selective outrage.  The world is a shit place....at least that kid got a fucking teddy bear.  

Anywho, I'm excited to see what Sark can do next year.

• Hook 'Em 3

I don’t know whether calling plays is part of the reason Sark teams have been having in-game challenges, but it does make you wonder when you see Riley teams also struggle with defense and have wtf games too.

If I were head coach I would never bury myself in play calling. I’d want to have the freedom to keep a pulse on everything during a game and during the week. 

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t know whether calling plays is part of the reason Sark teams have been having in-game challenges, but it does make you wonder when you see Riley teams also struggle with defense and have wtf games too.

If I were head coach I would never bury myself in play calling. I’d want to have the freedom to keep a pulse on everything during a game and during the week. 

Who hasn’t had a WTF game so far this year? Georgia, Michigan, TCU, maybe. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

There’s multiple games this season where we abandoned the run game. It’s literally the reason we aren’t playing in the CCG.

Look it takes a couple of years to build a team. A pro just can’t come into a situation and work with what’s available and plug the gaps in the roster from the portal and JUCO. That’s for amateurs. See you need every single player to come up through high school. There is simply no other way to build a winning team. It takes time. Man…(lmao)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

With all due respect...  Go back to the CR room 

Fuck

Sorry but sexually-charged child exploitation transcends politics and party lines. Especially when it directly involves a highly-public figure of my University. It was simply unacceptable and tone deaf for her to wear that last night. Full stop.

Btw- Have never made one post nor spent one second in that cesspool called the CR.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

18 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

This 1604 cocksucker would be considered the biggest most insufferable cunt in Cuntsville.

Muting is the only answer.

You truly are a miserable person. Maybe you’ll encourage me to drink again, that was a bannable offense considering the amount of recovering alcoholics on this board. Kindly fuck yourself sir.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Loop 1604 said:

Sad Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

A good common sense check for 2022. If you find yourself on the same side of a controversial issue as Kanye West, you might want to do a little more research.

Based on my experience here so far, being on the opposite side of an issue from you is the way to go, without even knowing the issue. 

• Haha 6

16 hours ago, Loop 1604 said:

Do you live under a rock?

That's what our wives are for. My wife usually comes running in telling me what humanitarian/environmental issues I am supposed to be up in arms about while I am busy making money for her to spend. There could be a world-ending meteor headed our way. Unless it was on here or a commercial during a football game I wouldn't know. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Well if that talented defense could have just saved their own lives on one of those SIX 4th down conversions Tech had.

Maybe if the offense didn’t continue going 3 and out, leaving the D on a 140 degree field for over 100 plays…

For a play calling genius, Sarkisian sure hasn’t seemed to figure out that the offense has to make an effort to not kill the defense by leaving them on the field all game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

So why do you think we couldn't run the ball?

In large part because we didn’t try. Why did we only allow our Heisman candidate RB 12 touches? Why did Sark say it was his fault we got away from the run game?

ETA: it was 17/39 for Ewers, so closer to 43.5% completion.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

On the rushes we DID have why didn't they work?

Because they weren’t well blocked or we were outschemed. That doesn’t mean that you have to give up, especially when your Fr QB is shitting the bed.

again, why did Sark say it was his fault we got away from running the ball if we actually SHOULD have abandoned the run game?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

Because they weren’t well blocked or we were outschemed. That doesn’t mean that you have to give up, especially when your Fr QB is shitting the bed.

again, why did Sark say it was his fault we got away from running the ball if we actually SHOULD have abandoned the run game?

That wasn't the only reason, and Sark ALWAYS jumps on the grenade. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

On the rushes we DID have why didn't they work?

If I told you we had two upper class RBs that were going to the NFL, and a freshman QB, how many games would you plan to have the freshman QB drop back 40+ times and give your Doak Walker RB 12 carries?

We panicked early and quit in the run... Even though the run was averaging enough yards to keep running and wear down the defense later.

The QB Coach got away from the QBs best friend. Let's hope it doesn't become a habit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

20 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

How many were counters, how many were with motion, how many were jet sweeps/shovel passes

We ran a bit of everything. Sometimes we get away from motion because the guys are false starting. However, we ran a bunch of stuff. 

1 minute ago, Slacks said:

If I told you we had two upper class RBs that were going to the NFL, and a freshman QB, how many games would you plan to have the freshman QB drop back 40+ times and give your Doak Walker RB 12 carries?

We panicked early and quit in the run... Even though the run was averaging enough yards to keep running and wear down the defense later.

The QB Coach got away from the QBs best friend. Let's hope it doesn't become a habit.

I agree we should've run it more. I am saying Bijan was a large part of the problem. For all his greatness he doesn't always understand when its time to quit trying to hit the homerun and take the yards that are there. I can see how Sark got lured away from him. Of Bijan's 12 carries 8 of them were for virtually no gain. 1 for 1 yard, 6 for no gain, and 1 for a 1 yard loss. He was trying to dance and bounce runs when it wasn't there to do. Take the 3 or 4 yards and move on. As a playcaller that is extremely frustrating. 

Meanwhile TCU was plugging away the whole time. There was this misconception that TCU was running the same as we were, but they weren't. This is their yards gained each rush. -2, 5, 4, 6, 4, 2, 4, 2, 5, 2, 3, 5,-1,-1, 4, 6, 5, 12, 9, 2, 14, 5, 0, 1, 4, 6, 0, 11, 1, 7, and 4. 

TCU was always getting positive yardage in the run game outside of three runs in the first half and 2 in the second. 

My point to @lilMAC25 is that even if we had stuck with the running game in that particular game it doesn't mean we automatically win. Bijan wasn't seeing the field the way he usually does, and more carries may not have translated into more wins. It could've translated into more 3 and outs. It is all speculation. We ran it 33 times vs Bama and totaled 79 yards. Again, I agree that Sark should ride his two horses, just disagree that it would automatically mean a W, especially when your RB is struggling like he was. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

We ran a bit of everything. Sometimes we get away from motion because the guys are false starting. However, we ran a bunch of stuff. 

I agree we should've run it more. I am saying Bijan was a large part of the problem. For all his greatness he doesn't always understand when its time to quit trying to hit the homerun and take the yards that are there. I can see how Sark got lured away from him. Of Bijan's 12 carries 8 of them were for virtually no gain. 1 for 1 yard, 6 for no gain, and 1 for a 1 yard loss. He was trying to dance and bounce runs when it wasn't there to do. Take the 3 or 4 yards and move on. As a playcaller that is extremely frustrating. 

Meanwhile TCU was plugging away the whole time. There was this misconception that TCU was running the same as we were, but they weren't. This is their yards gained each rush. -2, 5, 4, 6, 4, 2, 4, 2, 5, 2, 3, 5,-1,-1, 4, 6, 5, 12, 9, 2, 14, 5, 0, 1, 4, 6, 0, 11, 1, 7, and 4. 

TCU was always getting positive yardage in the run game outside of three runs in the first half and 2 in the second. 

My point to @lilMAC25 is that even if we had stuck with the running game in that particular game it doesn't mean we automatically win. Bijan wasn't seeing the field the way he usually does, and more carries may not have translated into more wins. It could've translated into more 3 and outs. It is all speculation. We ran it 33 times vs Bama and totaled 79 yards. Again, I agree that Sark should ride his two horses, just disagree that it would automatically mean a W, especially when your RB is struggling like he was. 

Sark says the goal of his offense is to get the ball in the hands of the best players. He took the ball out of the hands of the best RB in CFP... And let a freshman QB throw the game away.

Let Bijan and Roschon lose the game.

There were 3 games where he had that opportunity but he became a QB coach...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Sark says the goal of his offense is to get the ball in the hands of the best players. He took the ball out of the hands of the best RB in CFP... And let a freshman QB throw the game away.

Let Bijan and Roschon lose the game.

There were 3 games where he had that opportunity but he became a QB coach...

We ran for over 200 yards on OSU and we put the ball in our best player's hands vs Tech and he fumbled it in OT. We lost both games. Of our 4 losses, TCU is the only game we lost with less than 30 carries. It doesn't mean simply because we run more we win is all I am saying. Other factors can contribute to that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

We ran for over 200 yards on OSU and we put the ball in our best player's hands vs Tech and he fumbled it in OT. We lost both games. Of our 4 losses, TCU is the only game we lost with less than 30 carries. It doesn't mean simply because we run more we win is all I am saying. Other factors can contribute to that. 

Your defense of running the ball isnt enough to win is the game where Texas threw it 49 times and only completed 19?

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1