This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

Who then went 8-5 with a stud upperclassman QB. Are you actually trying to argue we fired a coach as good as Heupel? Or did you just get lost in a word salady condensed version of every other post you make on the football board?

Preseason rankings. lol. That must be what helped Top Ten Tom land his next big p5 gig. He got the Cincinatti/Nebraska/ASU/Colorado/Wiscinsin/Purdue job right? 

Are you serious?

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

If I'm Steve's PR guy, I tell him to tweet this image and a light-hearted apology to the headset guy. "Got a little fired up before the game. Hope there aren't any hard feelings."   Gotta laugh our way through this one, guys.

No response from Sark is right thing to do. 

Just pull up all the irate videos of Saban if yah need to be reminded about a bunch of dumb shit coaches do during games and press conferences.

This is a non story after this weekend -- Sark and CDC should just ignore it. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, UThomas said:

I wonder if headset guy said something to him?  That was a weird 0-100 otherwise

Nah. Sark has weird fake hyped up energy before the team goes on the field. He did the same corny shit before TCU and we saw how that went. 

If you're winning, no one cares about how big of an asshole you are or stupid suits you wear from the Burger King Corporate Retreat collection. When you're mediocre, it's a bigger deal. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Nah. Sark has weird fake hyped up energy before the team goes on the field. He did the same corny shit before TCU and we saw how that went. 

If you're winning, no one cares about how big of an asshole you are or stupid suits you wear from the Burger King Corporate Retreat collection. When you're mediocre, it's a bigger deal. 

The shit before TCU game reminded me of Tom Herman head butting players before 2019 Baylor game.

Sark was obviously going to be insecure after two years of us making fun of his man tits.  Headset guy got what he deserved for tripping an obvious trigger.  Non story.
Nothing more than choreographed fake tough guy bullshit. Trying to get his team hyped. None of them cared and it didn't make a shit for the result on the field. Corny stuff.

17 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

To be clear, I’m not “counting” on Sark regularly winning 10 games a year. As I said, that is my optimistic scenario for him if he accumulates enough talent, and that scenario is still on the table after this year. It’s not like I’ve bet the rent money on that happening, and I won’t be particularly surprised if it doesn’t. 

As I am not CDC, Jay Hartzell, Kevin Eltiffe, or a BMD, my opinion has exactly zero influence on how long Sark is the coach of Texas no matter how many scathing diatribes I post on a message board. Accordingly, I choose to take the optimistic view of his tenure for as long as possible. If you prefer to digitally rage at the heavens for the next 2+ years, that is certainly your right. You’ll have a lot of company on this thread. 

This is 100% the right approach. However unlikely it may be the alternative is to waste emotional energy that we all need for ordinary living.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

To be clear, I’m not “counting” on Sark regularly winning 10 games a year. As I said, that is my optimistic scenario for him if he accumulates enough talent, and that scenario is still on the table after this year. It’s not like I’ve bet the rent money on that happening, and I won’t be particularly surprised if it doesn’t. 

As I am not CDC, Jay Hartzell, Kevin Eltiffe, or a BMD, my opinion has exactly zero influence on how long Sark is the coach of Texas no matter how many scathing diatribes I post on a message board. Accordingly, I choose to take the optimistic view of his tenure for as long as possible. If you prefer to digitally rage at the heavens for the next 2+ years, that is certainly your right. You’ll have a lot of company on this thread. 

Figured he’d get there but now with the move to the sec, idk maybe that conference is actually tougher?

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Coach yells and screams before a win= “He fired up the troops! look at that passion!”

Coach yells and screams before a loss= “Cringe. Fake tough guy. Team was probably laughing at him”

Not really. Come at me bro shit is petty. Being a grown man and leading young men requires maturity. You don’t physically escalate a situation as a leader and cuss in a guy’s face like a 8th grade bully when the guy is doing his job and trying to maintain a line with an excited group of guys pushing forward.  You actually understand him and follow his instructions.

5 minutes ago, troph said:

Not really. Come at me bro shit is petty. Being a grown man and leading young men requires maturity. You don’t physically escalate a situation as a leader and cuss in a guy’s face like a 8th grade bully when the guy is doing his job and trying to maintain a line with an excited group of guys pushing forward.  You actually understand him and follow his instructions.

I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about the people saying him jumping and around and yelling before TCU reminded them of Tom Herman.

38 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

No response from Sark is right thing to do. 

Just pull up all the irate videos of Saban if yah need to be reminded about a bunch of dumb shit coaches do during games and press conferences.

This is a non story after this weekend -- Sark and CDC should just ignore it. 🤘

Agree zero need to address it, except you know some dumbass Austin “journalist” will ask him a stupid question about it at his next PC (not sure when, signing day 2?) like it somehow matters. 

21 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, 40acredropout said:
Sark was obviously going to be insecure after two years of us making fun of his man tits.  Headset guy got what he deserved for tripping an obvious trigger.  Non story.

Nothing more than choreographed fake tough guy bullshit. Trying to get his team hyped. None of them cared and it didn't make a shit for the result on the field. Corny stuff.

I don’t think Sark was doing it to hype up the team. He’s just insanely pissed this guy put his hands on Sark’s chest. It’s not a good look, but if Sark had major anger issues we would have seen him yelling like this at players & coaches on the sidelines by now.

Herman would have blown a big bubble in the guy’s face and given him a big wet kiss right on the lips.

Back to Sark as a coach, that bowl game was revealing. They really weren’t very competitive. And while Washington is a pretty good team, that game shows that Sark is pretty limited as a coach.

As much as Herman was dislikable, couldn’t attract top assistance coaches, turtled too much, and failed to recruit effectively, especially along the lines, his teams could surprise stronger teams. He proved that as OC at OSU, and again at Houston and Texas. He can coach.  

Sark has shown little ability to beat good teams and coaches. He’s average right now. Unfortunately, while Herman could have fairly easily improved his performance by not turtling and recruiting the lines better, there’s no easy path to success if you keep getting out-coached.  That means you simply aren’t smart enough. I think next year is going to be a big disappointment and setback. Happy New Year!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Back to Sark as a coach, that bowl game was revealing. They really weren’t very competitive. And while Washington is a pretty good team, that game shows that Sark is pretty limited as a coach.

As much as Herman was dislikable, couldn’t attract top assistance coaches, turtled too much, and failed to recruit effectively, especially along the lines, his teams could surprise stronger teams. He proved that as OC at OSU, and again at Houston and Texas. He can coach.  

Sark has shown little ability to beat good teams and coaches. He’s average right now. Unfortunately, while Herman could have fairly easily improved his performance by not turtling and recruiting the lines better, there’s no easy path to success if you keep getting out-coached.  That means you simply aren’t smart enough. I think next year is going to be a big disappointment and setback. Happy New Year!

Damn, the truth hurts… Sark is also reaping the benefits of the transfer portal and NIL… If Herman had those advantages, he probably would’ve stumbled into the playoff.  

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Not disagreeing with your take, but “good coaches” is pretty subjective. People would have creamed themselves last year at the thought of him beating Aranda but now we know Aranda is probably a one-hit wonder. Same with beating Campbell this year. He is 2-0 against Kleiman. 

But yes, he failed to slam the door shut against Riley last year and Saban this year. He outcoached both for the majority of the game (I know that means little). Just like you said Herman could get better by simply not turtling and recruiting the LOS better, the same could be said with just learning how to finish the job with Sarkisian. I think in both instances it is easier said than done btw.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Not disagreeing with your take, but “good coaches” is pretty subjective. People would have creamed themselves last year at the thought of him beating Aranda but now we know Aranda is probably a one-hit wonder. Same with beating Campbell this year. He is 2-0 against Kleiman. 

But yes, he failed to slam the door shut against Riley last year and Saban this year. He outcoached both for the majority of the game (I know that means little). Just like you said Herman could get better by simply not turtling and recruiting the LOS better, the same could be said with just learning how to finish the job with Sarkisian. I think in both instances it is easier said than done btw.

Agree, it would be better to have some numbers that really  indicate whether he’s any good or not. I’m going purely off the perceived talent levels of all the teams, and how Texas performed against those teams.

Last year’s OU game and this years Bama game were two key tests, and it is positive that they at least looked good for a big part of those games. I also thought about how young Texas is along the OL and at QB. That can make a coach look bad too. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, oh_snap said:

Agree zero need to address it, except you know some dumbass Austin “journalist” will ask him a stupid question about it at his next PC (not sure when, signing day 2?) like it somehow matters. 

If some dumb $9.95er asks about it, Sark should just ignore it and ask for the next question.

This is a non story as long as Sark refuses to comment on it...

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

If it’s fairly easy to improve by not turtling, can’t Sarkisian fairly easily improve by not turtling or otherwise fucking up, which would turn Texas into a 10-2 team this year? If not 11-1. 

There were a lot more failures from Herman than turtling and not recruiting the lines. 

Sarkisian may not be able to make the changes to be able to close out games. Maybe he’s just a dumbass that can ride talent and a week of planning for first half glory but is too dim-witted to make halftime adjustments. I doubt it, but it’s possible and I certainly have no cogent explanation for blowing big leads. 

Or maybe an edge that can get a crucial sack or an LB that makes a tackle without giving up extra yards or a 1 WR who catches TD passes that hit him in the hands flips one score losses into wins. 

I guess we’ll all pump sunshine, cry woe is Texas, or something in between for eight months until we see a meaningful game again. 

58 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Figured he’d get there but now with the move to the sec, idk maybe that conference is actually tougher?

I think I mentioned that in another post. Yes, there’s a step up in competition but going to the SEC is also getting us access to recruits that want to play in that league that simply wouldn’t consider a B12 team. If he keeps stacking up top 5 classes like the last two, we will win a lot of games. Again, I I’m dubious about him beating other teams who have stacked top 5 classes like UGA and Bama, and he’ll likely get out coached when he plays good coaches with near comparable talent like LSU with Kelly or Tennessee with Heupel. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I doubt you can find saban doing a come at me bro move. I’d bet $100 (big money spender) his antics are about performance, referees, distractions, or things that relate to the game. I bet that $100 you won’t find him being a jackwagon like sark was. anyone who thinks his come at me bro shit is normal or ok or irrelevant is wrong. Might it be something to look past, maybe, but it was stupid, and has nothing to do with performance or being competitive, it was immature meathead behavior. 

* I’m talking about his get your fucking hands off me antics to the guy trying to keep the team back, not the team chest bumping and shoving. I think that’s silly but whatever, that’s not an issue.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I think I mentioned that in another post. Yes, there’s a step up in competition but going to the SEC is also getting us access to recruits that want to play in that league that simply wouldn’t consider a B12 team. If he keeps stacking up top 5 classes like the last two, we will win a lot of games. Again, I I’m dubious about him beating other teams who have stacked top 5 classes like UGA and Bama, and he’ll likely get out coached when he plays good coaches with near comparable talent like LSU with Kelly or Tennessee with Heupel. 

It’s a different tough. Trenches tough. The passing attacks in the big 12 are a total beat down in their own way.

30 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Agree, it would be better to have some numbers that really  indicate whether he’s any good or not. I’m going purely off the perceived talent levels of all the teams, and how Texas performed against those teams.

Last year’s OU game and this years Bama game were two key tests, and it is positive that they at least looked good for a big part of those games. I also thought about how young Texas is along the OL and at QB. That can make a coach look bad too. 

Maybe not the best stat to look at, but we were 8-5 against the spread this year.

When we were favored by 7 or more, we went 6-1 straight up (TCU only loss). When we were less than 7 point favorites or underdogs, we went 2-4 straight up (Bama, Tech, OSU and Washington the losses). So when the “talent level” and home/away was taken into account and the margin for error got smaller, it basically became a coin flip (if you just remove the Bama game which we were heavy underdogs in)

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Sark has no business blowing up like that. He's accomplished absolutely nothing in his 9 years as head coach and he's out there acting like he's Bill Belichick.

Passively allowing yourself to get groped in front of your players sets a bad tone for the team

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, troph said:

Especially when you’re the person of higher stature and you know the other guy can’t or won’t do shit about it

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Nope said:

If Quinn yells “get your fuckin hands off me motherfucker!” after that early sack, we win this game by two scores 

That’s a player on the field in a full contact sport where he’s talking shit to his opponent. If you really think a grown man telling a guy who is just doing his job to get your fucking hands off me is the behavior of a championship coach then we really don’t have much to talk about.

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Lot's of criticism of Saban for this outburst.  He later apologized for it...

Saban up 35-3 and doing stupid stuff

Enjoy...

I have no issues with any of that saban atuff. And none of that is similar to sark’s brah moment. That’s all about winning, media trying to bait him, players not performing, not playing to a standard. 

show me where he nearly started a fist fight with a crowd control guy. Then you’ve got something. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2