This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

It has dawned on me that my viewpoints on any topic are the exact polar opposition of whatever Vic Mackey posts. From now forward, if you ever want to predict what I think about something, I don’t even need to post. Just read Vic Mackey’s posts and take the opposite. With all due respect to Vic. 

So you like to bone non Latina anorexics?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

There were some questionable calls, but players play the game.  We have a culture that needs to be changed.  Sark has shown that he plays to win, and although I didn't agree with the call to go for it, he showed that he still believes and tried.  This team skull fucks itself from the inside out.  

I'm all in on playing new corners and seeing if they can pan out better against the pass.  But all that is null if there's no rush, and our DLine ate blocks.  Our linebackers were inconsistent, along with the safeties--but the offense left them out there for awhile.  

I'm glad the offensive line decided to take a break for a quarter and a half.  They seemed to understand they'd need their energy late to mount a comeback, and didn't seem to care which qb was going to lead it.  Anytime you see Bijan get gang tackled at the los or behind, they failed him and everybody really.  Because nothing helps a series like a penalty or a sack to start it.  Refs suck but Texas had this and if they're letting striped jerseys beat them in a game in which they're up 21 points, then they are mentally weak.

6 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

This thread is retarded. We got beat by better personnel, not Sark. Fuck off with this shit. 

How is it that OU has better personnel? 

Texas has beat OU in these super recruiting rankings every year since Noah shut the doors on the Ark. Yet when OU wins, suddenly their players are better?

• Fuck You 7

12 minutes ago, victory88 said:

What the hell is wrong with you dude.  That’s going to be the hardest game ou plays all year.  We forced them to bench their quarterback and the reason the score was 28-7 is because our coaches were pantsing then.  They made adjustments and they made some incredible plays to win a rivalry game.  It happens.  How do you want Sark to stop that perfect throw and incredible catch by Mims?  How does sark stop Worthy from fumbling?  How do the coaches stop a 4th and 1 50 yard TD when the players can’t make the tackle?  I know it sucks, but you need to understand that this team is not as talented as ou.  We’ve also been completely outclassed from a coaching perspective by Riley under strong and Herman.  I don’t know if there’s a better coach outside of Saban in college football that can beat Riley consistently.  But today I saw Sark punch that ou team and Riley in the mouth with a mediocre quarterback and players that are not at the same talent level.  When we get Arch Manning and more players like Worthy, we’re gonna fuck shit up and don’t hop back on the bandwagon.

It won't be--college football isn't absolute.  They had a losing streak to KSU, that they barely edged out.  TCU or BU could take them out.  Hopefully, we get to play them for the Big 12 championship and Kyler Murray they asses. 

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, victory88 said:

What the hell is wrong with you dude.  That’s going to be the hardest game ou plays all year.  We forced them to bench their quarterback and the reason the score was 28-7 is because our coaches were pantsing then.  They made adjustments and they made some incredible plays to win a rivalry game.  It happens.  How do you want Sark to stop that perfect throw and incredible catch by Mims?  How does sark stop Worthy from fumbling?  How do the coaches stop a 4th and 1 50 yard TD when the players can’t make the tackle?  I know it sucks, but you need to understand that this team is not as talented as ou.  We’ve also been completely outclassed from a coaching perspective by Riley under strong and Herman.  I don’t know if there’s a better coach outside of Saban in college football that can beat Riley consistently.  But today I saw Sark punch that ou team and Riley in the mouth with a mediocre quarterback and players that are not at the same talent level.  When we get Arch Manning and more players like Worthy, we’re gonna fuck shit up and don’t hop back on the bandwagon.

heisenberg-breaking-bad.gif

42 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I agree with all except we could win this game with a stout O-line. If we're going to spend all our recruiting capital on one group and only one, I hope it's O-line.

2 minutes ago, Eggo said:

I agree with all except we could win this game with a stout O-line. If we're going to spend all our recruiting capital on one group and only one, I hope it's O-line.

With even a competent OL, we win this one going away.

• Hook 'Em 1

I just want Keilan Robinson to get 10 - 12  touches per game.  There is no one in this conference that can match his speed.  No one.
Simple ask.  
Simple grant, Steve.  

I don’t understand what’s going on here. Kirk said that sark mentioned this week that he loves having a bell cow running back and that he thinks it’s good for team morale to have one guy that gets all the touches. Wtf. Mix that shit up before he walks off.

I remember when Charlie fucking Strong played OU close in his first year and everyone on ToS was like: “OMG Im so proud of how hard we fought!!1!”. We were fucking 2-4, en route to a losing season, followed by two more.

Meanwhile Sark inherits a depleted roster, goes 4-2, and loses a close game to OU, only to see us jump to the conclusion that he has sealed his fate as a perennial mediocre coach…

Maybe Sark should fuck a booster’s wife or have his team kick in both halves in order to earn the good will “5-7 Strong” had.

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

I’ve been watching the game for longer than most around here.   No panic here.   Just the opposite.   This feels like the reverse of the 1999 game where a new staff led by stoops went up 17-0 but didn’t have the horses to close it out.  The horns won going away that year.  But it was clear stoops had something going and proceeded to donkey punch us for the next several years along with a NC in 2000.   

buckle up.  Better things are ahead. 

I want this to be true. It’s probably not. But sweet Jesus that would be something. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

I remember when Charlie fucking Strong played OU close in his first year and everyone on ToS was like: “OMG Im so proud of how hard we fought!!1!”. We were fucking 2-4, en route to a losing season, followed by two more.

Meanwhile Sark inherits a depleted roster, goes 4-2, and loses a close game to OU, only to see us jump to the conclusion that he has sealed his fate as a perennial mediocre coach…

Maybe Sark should fuck a booster’s wife or have his team kick in both halves in order to earn the good will “5-7 Strong” had.

I’m with you and I really want Sark to succeed here long term (although deep down if I’m being objective he probably won’t). But I completely get the despondency now compared to Strong. 

With Strong, you had tons of kool aid drinkers that were just glad to get rid of Mack, and they could rationalize away anything as being due to Mack’s neglect of the program. But now, years later, we’re watching Texas Football Fuckery, Part 4, and we’ve all seen how these franchise installments play out. Many people are just fast forwarding through the bullshit to maybe see some tits and get to the ending they so depressingly predicted. 

1 hour ago, Knighthawk said:

I’ve been watching the game for longer than most around here.   No panic here.   Just the opposite.   This feels like the reverse of the 1999 game where a new staff led by stoops went up 17-0 but didn’t have the horses to close it out.  The horns won going away that year.  But it was clear stoops had something going and proceeded to donkey punch us for the next several years along with a NC in 2000.   

I've been thinking that Sark might be our Stoops for a while, and this game was eerily similar to that one.

I'm disappointed, but oddly hopeful.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Wishbone said:

Jimbo about to go to 3-3 with a roster full of players that are all his in year 4. If we find ourselves in that situation in 4 years I will be for making a change. Hell, next year even. 

Seinfeld What GIF by HULU

aggy just beat the #1 team with a backup QB and multiple true Fr starters on their OL.

47 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Orlando’s D would have allowed 800 yards of offense and no stops on third down. And probably 60 plus points 

So we’re better than absolute garbage.  Good to know.  This is not directed at you btw because I think you are just taking a well deserved shot at TO but there are a lot of people here pretty OK with choking a 21 point lead.  I’m not saying Sark can’t do well here but today was not good. 

All the college football games I watched after our showed competent tackling. We had guys in position to make plays today but defenders were bouncing off guys instead of bringing the down. With the off week in a couple of weeks, they need to spend a week on BASIC FUNDAMENTALS like blocking and tackling. There’s no reason we should have 3 or 4 guys sliding off a running back as he goes for 40 yards.

1 hour ago, Da Fino said:

I don’t understand what’s going on here. Kirk said that sark mentioned this week that he loves having a bell cow running back and that he thinks it’s good for team morale to have one guy that gets all the touches. Wtf. Mix that shit up before he walks off.

Wonder if we see him get more play now in 2-back sets with him motioning out to a pseudo slot position with Whittington being hurt? But I agree. I would’ve liked to see more of him and Bijan on the field together today.

I didn't expect Steve's first year to look much better than our final year of Herman. We're half way to an 8-4 season which is what I expected, but obviously we still have a chance to improve on that. Coach Kwiatkowski was given a project, and if his resume is something to go by, we'll start to see the defense improve after a recruiting class or two. Offense should be fine under Sark....

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

So we’re better than absolute garbage.  Good to know.  This is not directed at you btw because I think you are just taking a well deserved shot at TO but there are a lot of people here pretty OK with choking a 21 point lead.  I’m not saying Sark can’t do well here but today was not good. 

It was a shit sandwich and no argument for me.  

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

The other thing that's settling in is that OU is probably a better team without Rattler.  He holds them back.

We unfortunately did Riley and OU a favor today.

• Rage+1 1

Wonder if we see him get more play now in 2-back sets with him motioning out to a pseudo slot position with Whittington being hurt? But I agree. I would’ve liked to see more of him and Bijan on the field together today.

If they didn’t do it today, when it definitely could have helped, I have no confidence that we will see it going forward.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

The other thing that's settling in is that OU is probably a better team without Rattler.  He holds them back.

maybe but if we could stop the counter it wouldn't have mattered who the fuck their qb was

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Da Fino said:

If they didn’t do it today, when it definitely could have helped, I have no confidence that we will see it going forward.

Sadly I agree. Keilan has been underutilized thus far this season IMO and I kept hoping maybe there was some wrinkle they would break out today.

This loss isn't on Sark.  This loss is 100% on our o-line.  I'll even give our defense a pass.  That's how much I've been drinking today.

We'll never amount to shit as long as we continue to recruit the Andrej Karic's and Tristan Nickelson's to the most important position on the team.  Look what aggy did with 3-star Calzone taking snaps.  Give any QB time and you have a chance to win.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Sparks said:

How is it that OU has better personnel? 

Texas has beat OU in these super recruiting rankings every year since Noah shut the doors on the Ark. Yet when OU wins, suddenly their players are better?

Have you checked to see how many of these recruits are still on our team/uninjured/good enough to make the depth chart?  If not, you probably should.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Knighthawk said:

I was halfway thinking the same thing.  I remember that game when we were down 17-0.  Supposedly Aaron Humphrey told the team “there’s no way in hell I’m losing to OU my senior year” right before he put that massive hit on Huepel that swung the momentum.  Mack then proceeded to out athlete them by running long routes with the WR to gas the defense and then went in for the kill.  Hopefully we go on to beat OU 63-14 next year and win the national championship.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That’s a possibility.   They did respond similar to the way we responded when Card was swapped for Thompson.  We shall see in the coming weeks. I just want another shot at them.  

• Hook 'Em 1

As much as I hate this loss, this was my thought too.

But goddamn if that isn’t the worst fucking Oline play I think I’ve ever seen in 45 years or so of paying attention to football. Nothing is going to matter against any kind of decent def front until that gets remedied. Holy shit it’s bad. Like unwatchable bad.

4 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

As much as I hate this loss, this was my thought too.

But goddamn if that isn’t the worst fucking Oline play I think I’ve ever seen in 45 years or so of paying attention to football. Nothing is going to matter against any kind of decent def front until that gets remedied. Holy shit it’s bad. Like unwatchable bad.

ou going to that pre snap movement on the defensive line really confused our guys. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

All the college football games I watched after our showed competent tackling. We had guys in position to make plays today but defenders were bouncing off guys instead of bringing the down. With the off week in a couple of weeks, they need to spend a week on BASIC FUNDAMENTALS like blocking and tackling. There’s no reason we should have 3 or 4 guys sliding off a running back as he goes for 40 yards.

we say this every year...we have had shitty DC's for quite a while now.   unfortunately this one appears to be no different to me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

If people hate sark already, who the fuck did they want us to hire?

it's a good question, but the problem i think isn't always on the sideline.

i will say that i think the problem today was absolutely on the sideline. 

that's all I'll say for now but jesus, that game was practically won 3 minutes into the first quarter.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it's a good question, but the problem i think isn't always on the sideline.

i will say that i think the problem today was absolutely on the sideline. 

that's all I'll say for now but jesus, that game was practically won 3 minutes into the first quarter.  

and I'm quoting myself here which is a douche move, but say that first three minutes went ou's way, are you a hopeful texas fan? nope. But when that went our way all i kept saying was "more points, more points put them the fuck away"

we did not and that's pretty much the story of my post collegiate tx-ou rivalry, with very few exceptions. 

• Hook 'Em 1