This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

and I'm quoting myself here which is a douche move, but say that first three minutes went ou's way, are you a hopeful texas fan? nope. But when that went our way all i kept saying was "more points, more points put them the fuck away"

we did not and that's pretty much the story of my post collegiate tx-ou rivalry, with very few exceptions. 

Last year they went up big on us and we came back.  This game is always that way.  Same thing happened in 2018 but we made a few more plays and that was the difference.  Today ou made those plays.  Caleb Williams is fucking good.  This one just stings because we all thought we had this game won being up 21.   

Team needs to regroup and show up for osu bc there’s a lot of football to be played and we still control our own destiny with regards to making it to the big 12 championship game.   With that said our fan base is a bunch of bitches quitting on this team after a close loss in a tough game.  Let’s go drop 50 on osu next week and keep improving.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sark wasn’t anyone’s first choice and we can all admit it was disappointing after all of the urban talk. The bigger issue for me is how in the hell did Flood come in and not see anything but hot garbage? My high school team blocked better than this shit, what an embarrassment. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Unless people like OP can point to some post of theirs predicting an undefeated NC season, this post is just idiotic. If this is not a 12-0 team, this would be where you would expect one of the Ls to come from.

And if you predicted this team to win it all, you are also an idiot.

To sum up, OP and his chicken little chorus are idiots.

Sark is still dealing with the garbage program Mack left behind: shitty line play esp on offense but increasingly on d too. At least the combo of Strong and Herman fixed Mack's QB room disasters, but that is relatively easy when compared to having to find at least ten studs on OL.

The elite programs put an o-lineman in the league every year

Over the last 15 or so years, we have put less than 1.5 guys in the league per decade

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Sorry, Sark, but fuck you. 

I officially abandon UT athletics.

I’m not sure anyone associated with UT athletes has a clue how to do their job. They just raise prices every year and call themselves “marketers.” 

2005-2021= much humiliation.

The players now get paid huge money and not a one of them could pray to be qualified for the big money position of sniffing Lincoln Riley’s jock. 

Sorry, UT athletics, Its not just that you can’t deliver anything but loses, it’s just that you are losers.

11 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Overreaction? Lmao. OU has dominated us for so long now but sure, it's all overreaction. Your same sentence was said for both Strong and Herman when people could see they were frauds early on. Sark will join the ranks. We will be looking for a new coach in 3 years and OU will continue reloading year after fucking year.

Well from 2010-2021 the count is OU 10 wins and you 3 wins.  But history says the pendulum always swings as the record since WWII is nip and tuck series  with the Sooners 39 to Horns 35 with 3 ties.  At my age (78) I might not be around when the Horns again get control of the series.

I do think you got the right man in Austin after Strong and Herman were bust.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_River_Showdown

• Hook 'Em 4

11 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Is the HC not responsible for all of that?

No question Caleb threw a couple of jump balls but Mims short history has proven time and again he wins those 50/50 passes a great preponderance of the time.  And as long as he does OU will keep throwing them to him.  It is what it is.

4 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Unless people like OP can point to some post of theirs predicting an undefeated NC season, this post is just idiotic. If this is not a 12-0 team, this would be where you would expect one of the Ls to come from.

And if you predicted this team to win it all, you are also an idiot.

To sum up, OP and his chicken little chorus are idiots.

Sark is still dealing with the garbage program Mack left behind: shitty line play esp on offense but increasingly on d too. At least the combo of Strong and Herman fixed Mack's QB room disasters, but that is relatively easy when compared to having to find at least ten studs on OL.

The elite programs put an o-lineman in the league every year

Over the last 15 or so years, we have put less than 1.5 guys in the league per decade

A couple of points back at you.

Mack was coach over a decade ago. He started the fall, and he deserves the vitriol he receives for that. 

That said, he’s not directly at fault for the program being in the state it’s now.

2ndly, there’s nothing “chicken little” about looking at a coach’s past results and expecting those to continue. In fact, it’s rooted in pretty damned solid logic.

4 hours ago, SoonerSpock said:

No question Caleb threw a couple of jump balls but Mims short history has proven time and again he wins those 50/50 passes a great preponderance of the time.  And as long as he does OU will keep throwing them to him.  It is what it is.

If it was just Mims you’d have a great point, however, opposing QBs had a PERFECT passer rating on deep balls over 20 yds going into the RRS, so it isn’t just Mims. 

Also, Texas had never been up 21 and lost before. This is a new level of failure. 

Edited by lilMAC25

6 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Where to begin.......... where to begin? First off, @lilMAC25 is a bitch for starting this thread. We will start with that!

Second, let's got to where we were coming into this season. We couldn't generate a pass rush, and our O-line was questionable at best.

Offense- I think it was @Vic Mackey that was complaining about us dialing up long pass plays even though we couldn't block. Hate to tell you this Vic, but on any given play there are multiple routes out at a time. Our line did what you cannot do, which is bust assignments in the interior of without so much as getting a hand on the man. OU started playing defense in a phone booth if you were counting the amount of defenders in the box as the game wore on. The offense was lost right there. You have to be able to throw your way out of that many people close to the line of scrimmage, and quick hitting pass plays would be in a lot of traffic.

Defense- We have not been able to generate a pass rush for awhile now, and that ain't changing simply because you change DCs. Everything that happened on the back end of this defense is because of what happened on the front end. There just wasn't enough pressure on Williams, and because of that the DBs were covering for way too long, and put into a lot of 50/50 battles they shouldn't have been in. We are just not winning battles up front like we used to. That has to get fixed, and its not going to with the current guys in the rotation.

Bottom line- This game was lost in the trenches. When we jumped out to an early lead it was pretty clear that there were opportunities for OU that they were simply missing on with Rattler. When they started hitting on them we couldn't stop them. Some say we should sell out to stop the run, I say maybe the coaches have seen in practice what happens when you ask our secondary to cover one on one.

All in all you guys need to relax. We need a talent injection in the trenches and we are fine. Sark may or may not be the guy long term, but today was on the players. At some point you have to win your one on one battles. OU won theirs today simple as that.

The bitch move is negging a post that correctly points out Sarkisian been a great OC at many more places than just Bama. 

You calling those guys out? No? That’s a bitch move in and of itself.

7 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

The bitch move is negging a post that correctly points out Sarkisian been a great OC at many more places than just Bama. 

You calling those guys out? No? That’s a bitch move in and of itself.

I don't neg posts. If I don't like it I either write a response or move on. As for the others on here, I cannot be responsible for what they do, but you brought that on yourself by making the post in the first place.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Also, Texas had never been up 21 and lost before. This is a new level of failure. 

You are not going to give him credit for getting the team to come out and punch the Sooners in the mouth and get up by 21 points?  That was the strategy, they executed great but then the Sooners adjusted and even had to change out their QB to get into their game and he was a better choice against us than the starter, much better. They could work on our weaknesses and with the help of some very bad calls, crawl out of the hole we got them into. That sucks that it wasn't deeper or that a call didn't go our way. But CS level of incompetency? You're still drunk.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I don't neg posts. If I don't like it I either write a response or move on. As for the others on here, I cannot be responsible for what they do, but you brought that on yourself by making the post in the first place.

But you can call those fuckers out, and you haven’t. Which is a bitch move. Congrats on being a bitch.

• Fuck You 2

7 hours ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

ou going to that pre snap movement on the defensive line really confused our guys. 

if it was just confusion that would be ok because hopefully that's coachable but it's not, it's getting manhandled man on man  and guys blowing through double teams. We are laughably weak.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

You are not going to give him credit for getting the team to come out and punch the Sooners in the mouth and get up by 21 points?  That was the strategy, they executed great but then the Sooners adjusted and even had to change out their QB to get into their game and he was a better choice against us than the starter, much better. They could work on our weaknesses and with the help of some very bad calls, crawl out of the hole we got them into. That sucks that it wasn't deeper or that a call didn't go our way. But CS level of incompetency? You're still drunk.

One of us is still drunk, It isn’t me.

You should try reading that post about Sarkisian not approaching CS levels of incompetency again. 

Just now, Herbie Hancock said:

Take the loss pussy.  We passed for 400 yards, had a 200+ yard receiver and a 100+ yard rusher. We have a long way to go. Coaching didn't lose yesterdays game nor did it lose the arky game.  Sugar went to shit because of our play in the trenches.

Indeed, we did.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

it's a good question, but the problem i think isn't always on the sideline.

i will say that i think the problem today was absolutely on the sideline. 

that's all I'll say for now but jesus, that game was practically won 3 minutes into the first quarter.  

70 yard td on a wide receiver screen on the first play, yea that works for us all the time, blocked punt that gave us a td and a deep pass that we actually hit for the first time all year. We were going to come crashing back to earth with our garbage oline and garbage defense. OU has some damn good players,  more than we do and as always  they have a good oline and we don't, how the fuck anyone thought that game was over after 3 minutes is just amazing.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

Sark wasn’t anyone’s first choice and we can all admit it was disappointing after all of the urban talk. The bigger issue for me is how in the hell did Flood come in and not see anything but hot garbage? My high school team blocked better than this shit, what an embarrassment. 

what was he going to do about it, quit and go back to Bama?

7 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Where to begin.......... where to begin? First off, @lilMAC25 is a bitch for starting this thread. We will start with that!

Second, let's got to where we were coming into this season. We couldn't generate a pass rush, and our O-line was questionable at best.

Offense- I think it was @Vic Mackey that was complaining about us dialing up long pass plays even though we couldn't block. Hate to tell you this Vic, but on any given play there are multiple routes out at a time. Our line did what you cannot do, which is bust assignments in the interior of without so much as getting a hand on the man. OU started playing defense in a phone booth if you were counting the amount of defenders in the box as the game wore on. The offense was lost right there. You have to be able to throw your way out of that many people close to the line of scrimmage, and quick hitting pass plays would be in a lot of traffic.

Defense- We have not been able to generate a pass rush for awhile now, and that ain't changing simply because you change DCs. Everything that happened on the back end of this defense is because of what happened on the front end. There just wasn't enough pressure on Williams, and because of that the DBs were covering for way too long, and put into a lot of 50/50 battles they shouldn't have been in. We are just not winning battles up front like we used to. That has to get fixed, and its not going to with the current guys in the rotation.

Bottom line- This game was lost in the trenches. When we jumped out to an early lead it was pretty clear that there were opportunities for OU that they were simply missing on with Rattler. When they started hitting on them we couldn't stop them. Some say we should sell out to stop the run, I say maybe the coaches have seen in practice what happens when you ask our secondary to cover one on one.

All in all you guys need to relax. We need a talent injection in the trenches and we are fine. Sark may or may not be the guy long term, but today was on the players. At some point you have to win your one on one battles. OU won theirs today simple as that.

Vic must have a 1,000" tv or something because he can see the whole field when the rest of us can only follow the ball.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Coaching didn't lose yesterdays game

It appears that we are not a well coached defense, which I believe cost us the game.  We ddidnt tackle well and routinely got out leveraged in the run game with a talented but unproven passer at QB.  Same problems as against Arkansas.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

70 yard td on a wide receiver screen on the first play, yea that works for us all the time, blocked punt that gave us a td and a deep pass that we actually hit for the first time all year. We were going to come crashing back to earth with our garbage oline and garbage defense. OU has some damn good players,  more than we do and as always  they have a good oline and we don't, how the fuck anyone thought that game was over after 3 minutes is just amazing.

Dude, quit fucking bringing logic and sound reasoning to this pity party. Ain't nobody got time for that shit!

But seriously, anyone who thought we were just going to roll OU with our personnel hasn't been watching us play. That game was always going to be somewhere between win a close one and get blown out. Sucks we lost the way we did but if the kids make one or two plays on those jump balls or tackles, we win that one.

One thing I took away from this. Sark can match wits with Riley. First time I've seen that. They were better on both sides of the line. They won the one on one battles. They DID NOT win the playcalling.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

It appears that we are not a well coached defense, which I believe cost us the game.  We ddidnt tackle well and routinely got out leveraged in the run game with a talented but unproven passer at QB.  Same problems as against Arkansas.  

we lost because we got bitch slapped in the trenches, period.

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

But you can call those fuckers out, and you haven’t. Which is a bitch move. Congrats on being a bitch.

Hahaha. I get it man, you were furious about the loss and made a thread in anger. It's cool. We've all made bitchass threads. Doesn't make us bad people and that's why I don't go around negging people like a middle school girl. However, if you recall I just came off what was probably getting negged 100 times for saying Herman was a bad hire. No one came to my rescue. If I recall you were one of the people doing the negging, so turnabout is fair play. You made your bed my bro, but here is some plus rep to get back in the game. You don't deserve to get negged into oblivion.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

But seriously, anyone who thought we were just going to roll OU with our personnel hasn't been watching us play.

Bingo.

The Jimmies and Joes on the LOS don't change just because we get a big lead, especially when that big lead was NOT predicated on us having LOS dominance. OU hasn't been wandering in the fucking desert for a decade like us, so they're well-stocked and, very importantly, used to winning.

100% correct

Sark is more than capable of getting us back into the habit of winning a lot, getting used to winning, and BELIEVING from kick to whistle that we can fucking win.

• Hook 'Em 7

15 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

What's nuts is I think Mims was a 3*, too. Their WR coach is easily top 3 best in the business. We have Andre fucking Coleman. Lulz 

Mims was a 4* per 247Sports and did set the Texas state record and broke the national record in receiving yards at Lone Star high school in Frisco, TX.  But was not extremely highly recruited ranking only as the #29 WR nationally.  Also reported to have adequate but not great speed but proven at the D-I to be an outstanding vertical receiver that averaged 16.5 yards/reception in 2020 on 37 receptions  and 21.1 y/r on 19 receptions in 2021 

http://soonerstats.com/football/players/game-log-receiving.cfm?seasonid=2020&playerid=3273

http://soonerstats.com/football/players/game-log-receiving.cfm?seasonid=2021&playerid=3273

https://247sports.com/player/marvin-mims-46049311/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Bingo.

The Jimmies and Joes on the LOS don't change just because we get a big lead, especially when that big lead was NOT predicated on us having LOS dominance. OU hasn't been wandering in the fucking desert for a decade like us, so they're well-stocked and, very importantly, used to winning.

100% correct

Sark is more than capable of getting us back into the habit of winning a lot, getting used to winning, and BELIEVING from kick to whistle that we can fucking win.

The bolded is something that is understated in football. Teams need to know they can win and believe it or you see them crumble when the going gets tough just like we do on this board as soon as the game turns.

51 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

if it was just confusion that would be ok because hopefully that's coachable but it's not, it's getting manhandled man on man  and guys blowing through double teams. We are laughably weak.

Going to that pre-snap confusion is a practice the Sooners have used on every snap this season.  It is their M.O.  The horns had ample time to prepare.

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Hahaha. I get it man, you were furious about the loss and made a thread in anger. It's cool. We've all made bitchass threads. Doesn't make us bad people and that's why I don't go around negging people like a middle school girl. However, if you recall I just came off what was probably getting negged 100 times for saying Herman was a bad hire. No one came to my rescue. If I recall you were one of the people doing the negging, so turnabout is fair play. You made your bed my bro, but here is some plus rep to get back in the game. You don't deserve to get negged into oblivion.

I’m not really even that mad. And what I said isn’t exactly outrageous or out of line with Sarkisian’s history.

as far as the Herman thing, I have no clue, and if I dropped Neg on you for posting that Herman wasn’t a great hire, well… I apologize and you’ve certainly gotten the last laugh.  

i “generally” don’t neg people anymore either, Although I’m sure I’ve dropped my share.

There are times I think this fanbase doesn't deserve a single shred of happiness because at the first sign of adversity we do reactionary shit like this. Yes, it sucks to blow a 21 point lead. But Sark rolled out a pretty great game plan to build a lead on OU. Then youth, lack of talent, and some questionable coaching came into effect. There is a talent disparity between us and OU, especially in the trenches. OU also has continuity in their offensive and defensive coaching that we will never have if we don't stop trying to fire every single coach after a loss or less than ideal season. I don't know if Pete K is the answer but look at what he's working with. This same defense lost leads last year. We simply do not have the guys there to be a consistent winner yet.  

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

There are times I think this fanbase doesn't deserve a single shred of happiness because at the first sign of adversity we do reactionary shit like this. Yes, it sucks to blow a 21 point lead. But Sark rolled out a pretty great game plan to build a lead on OU. Then youth, lack of talent, and some questionable coaching came into effect. There is a talent disparity between us and OU, especially in the trenches. OU also has continuity in their offensive and defensive coaching that we will never have if we don't stop trying to fire every single coach after a loss or less than ideal season. I don't know if Pete K is the answer but look at what he's working with. This same defense lost leads last year. We simply do not have the guys there to be a consistent winner yet.  

Is it really reactionary to look at 87 games worth of data and say “he is who is record says he is”, though?

If you say “yes”, then we owe Strong an apology and another 3-5 seasons before we toss him out.

Edited by lilMAC25

6 hours ago, SoonerSpock said:

Well from 2010-2021 the count is OU 10 wins and you 3 wins.  But history says the pendulum always swings as the record since WWII is nip and tuck series  with the Sooners 39 to Horns 35 with 3 ties.  At my age (78) I might not be around when the Horns again get control of the series.

I do think you got the right man in Austin after Strong and Herman were bust.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_River_Showdown

For a Sooner visitor to this site, you have presented cordial, logical, and informed opinions on the rivalry and our prospects to give us a hopeful outlook. 

spacer.png

Edited by Murfdogg21

6 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Is it really reactionary to look at 87 games worth of data and say “he is who is record says he is”, though?

Yes. I don't care what Sark did at USC and Washington half a decade ago. I only care about the here and now. He's 5 games into his tenure and lost a tough game to the school's bitter rival in one of the most charged atmospheres in college football. If anything, this loss will help move the team forward because he probably has a mile long list of things he knows needs work. Arkansas showed him he needed to go to Casey and run Bijan more. OU will show him to not sit on a lead since your defense can't get a stop. 

Edited by mdmost

25 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Dude, quit fucking bringing logic and sound reasoning to this pity party. Ain't nobody got time for that shit!

But seriously, anyone who thought we were just going to roll OU with our personnel hasn't been watching us play. That game was always going to be somewhere between win a close one and get blown out. Sucks we lost the way we did but if the kids make one or two plays on those jump balls or tackles, we win that one.

One thing I took away from this. Sark can match wits with Riley. First time I've seen that. They were better on both sides of the line. They won the one on one battles. They DID NOT win the playcalling.

For his first big game experience their qb did very well, but he got lucky on a couple deep passes that were flat out thrown up for grabs, lucky on a couple bad snaps although to his credit he didn't panic at all but the best thing he did was hand off on counters even though the announcers had him just a notch below Tom Brady level.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

It depends on where that data was accumulated. For example, Saban was an average coach at Mich State. Now he is the greatest coach to ever put on a headset at Bama. Why the difference? Recruiting pools matter. The school name matters. It's hard to win at a school that has no recruiting pool and no name history. Especially if you aren't the snake oil salesman some coaches are.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Yes. I don't care what Sark did at USC and Washington half a decade ago. I only care about the here and now. He's 5 games into his tenure and lost a tough game to the school's bitter rival in one of the most charged atmospheres in college football. If anything, this loss will help move the team forward because he probably has a mile long list of things he knows needs work. Arkansas showed him he needed to go to Casey and run Bijan more. OU will show him to not sit on a lead since your defense can't get a stop. 

I disagree, but that’s a reasonable argument.

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It depends on where that data was accumulated. For example, Saban was an average coach at Mich State. Now he is the greatest coach to ever put on a headset at Bama. Why the difference? Recruiting pools matter. The school name matters. It's hard to win at a school that has no recruiting pool and no name history. Especially if you aren't the snake oil salesman some coaches are.

Nick Saban is a sample of 1.

maybe 2 if you want to shoe horn Dabo into the argument.

there are literally hundreds of others who did the same and then failed miserably at bigger better recruiting schools.

DX Bible was abysmal in his first couple of years, and then won multiple conference titles. Should we have used that sample of 1 as a basis for continuing to keep Strong?

note: I’m still not advocating to fire Sarkisian.

Edited by lilMAC25

13 minutes ago, SoonerSpock said:

Going to that pre-snap confusion is a practice the Sooners have used on every snap this season.  It is their M.O.  The horns had ample time to prepare.

it was talked about plenty before the game, everyone knew it was coming, we flat out suck at oline, preparing ain't the problem, sucking is the problem.

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

when did we sit on the lead? We were running the same offense but OU started bending us over on the oline.

19 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

If you say “yes”, then we owe Strong an apology and another 3-5 seasons before we toss him out.

didn't he take over a winless team at Washington? seems that would probably hurt your overall win loss record.

• Like 1