This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

14 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

8-4 is ok but we used to mock Mack for 9 wins

We can mock Sark for 9 wins a year after year 3.  It is only his second year so 8 wins is not horrific.  8 wins, destroyed OU and has hopefully 2 excellent recruiting classes is pretty good. 

But man that fucker needs to not call slow developing pass plays behind the current line when the run was unstoppable.  That was flat idiotic.  Trying to out think the other guy when you don’t have to.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Sark couldn’t help himself. He has to call at least 1 deep shot a game, despite the run game starting to dominate and the OL struggling in pass pro. 

on another note, I believe Texas had 140 more yards in the 4Q than Baylor. Dominated late play

That's what running the ball does. Beats that ass and opens up the pass on the edge.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, BurgleBro said:

Props to Steve.  This was my win goal for the season.  

Wish we had been more consistent but the turnaround after the Quinn fumble was something we have not seen this era.  

Good to see us play with so much HEART

This is absolutely a good point. Hopefully this is a turning point and we can start stepping on necks again.

Sark has earned his current expected tenure. No reason to extend him, but every reason to keep him for now. We achieved everything most people hoped for preseason, 8-4 with a chance to at the CCG (Go Jayhawks). We didn’t overachieve, but we also didn’t underachieve. If he shows improvement next year it means we’re in the CCG and have an outside chance at the CFP. I’ll take that after the last 13 years.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Shaggyhorn said:

Sark has earned his current expected tenure. No reason to extend him, but every reason to keep him for now. We achieved everything most people hoped for preseason, 8-4 with a chance to at the CCG (Go Jayhawks). We didn’t overachieve, but we also didn’t underachieve. If he shows improvement next year it means we’re in the CCG and have an outside chance at the CFP. I’ll take that after the last 13 years.

He's earned a pretend extension. You know, where you add a year to the contract so you can tell recruits he'll be here their whole career but the buyout number doesn't change. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Eight keeps it straight. 8 wins keeps all the good things this program is doing off the field rolling along the tracks. The staff can sell an upward trajectory with a 3 game win improvement and we don’t have to hear 7-win Steve in negative recruiting. There’s a good chance we will add Anthony Hill to our recruiting class and give us two top 5 classes to stack on each other. We have a great QB prospect coming in and a great (so far unrealized) talent who will be another year more mature. We have been building our lines with SEC-caliber players who have great, proven position coaches developing them. Our defense took great strides this season, and seems to be learning the DC’s system. From the outside it appears we have weeded out the malcontents and the culture seems strong. Players have emerged as team leaders. With NIL, our program is in a small of group of schools who can maximally leverage the new landscape in recruiting and the portal. We should have 4-5 players drafted to the NFL in the spring. 

I still think Sark is a D+ GameDay coach and QE’s performance has been disturbing. My best case scenario for him is a Mark Richt or John Cooper type who can accumulate a ton of talent that can overcome his shortcomings. Let’s see how he does next year, but I am hopeful that after the progress we showed this year, we won’t be hitting the reset button after 2024.   If nothing else, it should make for a much more enjoyable offseason. 

• Hook 'Em 4

He's earned a pretend extension. You know, where you add a year to the contract so you can tell recruits he'll be here their whole career but the buyout number doesn't change. 
You bring up a good point, with the transfer portal it doesn't make sense to give coaches aggy-like outrageously expensive 5 year plus extensions..unless of course they've truly earned it and you're reasonably sure you want to keep them for the duration.

51 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Most of you didn’t think this team could win 7 games. We win 8 and now y’all are complaining we didn’t win 10. Please remember this team was 5-7 last season. Take the 3 game improvement and stfu.

Sky was falling when Junior and Neyor went down , some still predicted 5-7 

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Every game.

Right.  You can follow the game thread and it’s either “fire errbody” or “we’re the best evar” depending on what page you’re on.  Then the Sark, PK, Mullet, etc threads follow the up and down pattern.  No wonder they were showing tampon commercials on the YouTube TV feed during the game….it was for all the Surly posters.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

I get that we lost some games that it looked like we could have won, looking at you Tech and Ok State.

I get we had some persistent issues.

Still this was a pretty young team -  67 of 85 schollies were frosh or soph.  Ewers is some form of freshman and 2 OL were true freshmen.

And this is our conference record since Colt McCoy was our QB.

image.thumb.png.4af8a2f9633b9eaa74ca53837e3b1dfd.png

6-3 is our 3rd highest conference win total and win% since Colt.

I like conference wins because it's probably one of the best measures over time in CFB.

I know we are Texas but our conference record says we haven't been that Texas for awhile.

I would also say this was not a down year for the conference.  No real easy outs.

Sark wants to build around a dominant OL and hard running game and, while all the pieces aren't quite there on the OL, we took real steps in that direction.

This is not to say the season is some huge success on an absolute basis.

But empirically, we took a step forward.  I think that needs to be acknowledged.

• Hook 'Em 9

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Excellent win for the program. Eight Win Steve has a great chance to continue his learning curve jump in the bowl game. I was hoping for playoff contention but my expectations were below that. 

Sarkisian will have a war chest to retain, attract and recruit this cycle. There won’t be much public about it, as that is key IP. He needs to build on this thing and continue to raise the floor of the program while he learns to win consistently. 

This could get very very fun

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

That’s fair. I didn’t even think of the current contract length.

He’s underpaid in todays world, so improvement next year will mean we have to extend him and pay him more. That is not a bad thing should it need to happen.

8-4 is not stellar but it is solid progress. I can’t remember if it was Umlang or somewhere else that I read that this is the first time we haven’t lost back to back games in a regular season since 2009. We are still a program learning to win.

After the pathetic showing against TCU I would have bet against Texas winning the last 2 to get to 8-4. I’m glad Sark realized he has a very rare back that deserves more than 12 touches in any game he is healthy. 

Rock chalk Jayhawks. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Loop 1604 said:

Unfortunately he’s getting 4-5 years to run this bitch into the ground. Should be fun to watch, not really. I’ve never felt more apathetic about Texas football.

Bye bitch, don’t come back

but please donate to the texas one fund on your way out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always great to beat Baylor. Always. Especially with the 4th quarter running game featuring Bijan. Why did it take so long to come up with that plan?

But, for those who attended UT in late 1980s-early 1990s, we have seen this before. 
— 13-11 after two years suggests Sark will end up somewhere between Mackovic (best-case scenario) and McWilliams (worst-case). This season has a total Mackovic feel: great victories and inexplicable, bumbling losses. Mackovic was supposed to be offense whiz.
— Sark has 3 more wins than last season, but only 1 more than Herman’s last season. So the longer-term improvement is not 3 wins, but 1 win across two years. Almost exactly like Mackovic following McWilliams.
— Sark has 5 wins and 8 wins, which averages to 6.5 per year, which rounds to 7. As in 7-Win-Steve. 

The history repeats because we ignore it and do the same thing again ... and again ... and again. All while hoping for the best despite what is right before our eyes. Feel free to ignore or slam me with my references to actual Texas football history.
  • Fuck You 1