30 For 30 On Michael Jordan: The Last Dance

Vic Mackey

This series was fantastic. Definitely did not think it was going to be this good. Good job by the people who put this together to have all the people they did be interviewed and tell their stories. I was a teen in Michael's second 3-peat run. I did not remember any of his first 3 peat or what he went through before all his winning.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Definitely did not think it was going to be this good. Good job by the people who put this together to have all the people they did be interviewed and tell their stories.

The MJ stuff was definitely interesting, but I was more interested in a lot of the people they were interviewing - Steve Kerr, Pippen, Reggie Miller, etc.

This was a pretty monumental undertaking.  They could have easily just focused on the footage and the last season, but they did a fantastic job of threading a lot of different stories and players together through the years.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

...because they never saw Jordan and their still-developing minds cannot fathom a player greater than LeBron. that is the answer that i expect most of them to give. they just have no idea. 

Living through the Jordan era was a different experience for sure.  I am not sure that the younger generation can appreciate how much of a killer he was.  It was just a different feeling when he was on the court.  

Remember when Lebron had cramps and withered down the stretch because the A/C broke at the San Antonio arena in game 1 of the finals? Does anybody think that Jordan would have choked because it got hot, in a finals game? Yeah, no, I don’t think so.

6 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Remember when Lebron had cramps and withered down the stretch because the A/C broke at the San Antonio arena in game 1 of the finals? Does anybody think that Jordan would have choked because it got hot, in a finals game? Yeah, no, I don’t think so.

Game 4 1997 finals. 😉

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Somebody tell Scottie to shut the fuck up. Stop embarrassing yourself. Didn't you get enough of that from your ex wife?

Number of .500+ seasons Jordan had without Pippen is the same that Jordan had without me.

Scottie allowed mike to be more like mike.

On 6/3/2023 at 8:57 AM, Fastbreak said:

Number of .500+ seasons Jordan had without Pippen is the same that Jordan had without me.

Scottie allowed mike to be more like mike.

sure, but there's no excuse to have the words, "michael jordan was a horrible player" come out of your mouth. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

without me and with Pippen.  Jordan wasn't championship Jordan without Pippen.  He was the perfect compliment for him.
Jordan is on record saying that.

But to call MJ 'horrible' before he got there is nonsense. And just being salty over some personal shit. Jordan averaged 37.1 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 4.6 apg, 2.9 spg, and 1.5 bpg the season before Scottie(and Horace). And he played all 82 games @ 40 mpg. Yep, that is horrible.

who said he was horrible? He was an amazing individual player from the start -- I paid lots of money to see him in person several times his first few years, including this game where Travis Mays dropped 19 on him.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199102040SAC.html
He is the GOAT without question in my mind.
Scottie

"I've seen Michael Jordan play before I came to the Bulls. You guys have seen him play. He was a horrible player,"

On 6/7/2023 at 11:41 AM, Brothahorn said:

Scottie

"I've seen Michael Jordan play before I came to the Bulls. You guys have seen him play. He was a horrible player,"

Pippen has turned into SAS, Skip. Saying shit just to get attention and clicks. I get the animosity he has where Jordan got all the credit and people act like Pippen was some terrible player who needed Jordan. They both needed each other. They both took each other to higher levels. Pippen's career without Jordan seemed better than Jordan's without Pippen. 

But to say he was a horrible player? Cmon now lol. 

• Hook 'Em 1