NHL 2021-22

Harry Waters

you-asshat
:NHL-VAN3: VAN - NHL
1h

Boynton named names via interview months ago.

>They asked me who knew and I gave them names, basically everybody on the team,” Boynton told TSN in an interview on Wednesday. “I said everybody f---ing knew about it. I said you can talk to the coaches. …I said talk to Torch [former assistant coach John Torchetti]. I called out Brian Campbell, and said talk to Patrick Sharp and talk to Kaner [Patrick Kane]. …The training staff knew. I’m sick of this wall of silence.”

https://www.tsn.ca/boynton-investigators-probing-alleged-abuse-of-former-blackhawks-players-ask-who-knew-1.1674971

Sopel said everyone knew as early as the WCF in 2010.

> In an interview with TSN on Tuesday, Sopel, who played 22 games for the Blackhawks during the 2010 playoffs run, said that the Blackhawks locker room was abuzz for days with discussion about Aldrich during the 2010 Western Conference finals, after then-skills coach Paul Vincent asked Blackhawks management during a meeting in San Jose to report Aldrich’s alleged sexual assault of two players that season to police.

> “…I’d say pretty much every player said, ‘Holy s--t’ and was shocked by it,” Sopel said. “We were all in the same dressing room. It was something that was discussed for at least two or three days. [Then head coach Joel] Quenneville was in the same office as [Aldrich]. We heard about it.”

https://www.tsn.ca/sopel-former-blackhawks-teammates-should-be-telling-the-truth-publicly-about-assault-allegations-1.1667495

A marketing official was quoted that this assault was an open secret in the organization

>“Brad would routinely befriend young interns and invite them to his apartment in Chicago to watch March Madness basketball and other sports,” a Hawks marketing official, who requested anonymity, told TSN. “I was told to steer clear of him because he had tried something at his apartment on a few players. This was not something that only a few people knew about. The entire training staff, a lot of people knew. ... This was an open secret.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/blackhawks/ct-chicago-blackhawks-sexual-assault-lawsuits-20210627-polnbrjlbnhxra7ecellmhnvim-story.html

An anonymous player (not sure if the anonymous player is Sopel or Boynton or if it's another player) quoted in the Athletic that the entire team knew.

>The Athletic quoted an anonymous player from the 2010 team as saying: “Every guy on the team knew about it. Every single guy on the team knew.”

Shawn Lalonde has now spoken up to say he also believes the entire team knew.

>Shawn Lalonde, a Black Ace with the 2010 #Blackhawks, tells Ilta-Sanomat in Finland that he thinks the whole team knew what happened to Kyle Beach and that now "players don't really know what to say."

>Lalonde also says he spoke to the Jenner & Block investigators.

https://mobile.twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1453755774157590529?s=21

Dan Carcillo (who was on the Flyers in 2010) said he knew about it.

>“I was on the @NHLFlyers playing the @NHLBlackhawks in the @StanleyCup finals in 2010,” Carcillo wrote. “We heard the whispers of what Aldrich did. Hard to believe that most ppl working in the organization didn’t know.”

https://twitter.com/CarBombBoom13/status/1409196080005275650?s=20

Then there's confirmation from a Rockford coach in 2011 they had information about Aldrich's incident on page 38 of the released report

>In 2010, rumors of an incident between Black Ace 1 and Aldrich started and followed Black Ace 1 for years. Black Ace 1 recalled being asked by a couple of players about whether Aldrich gave Black Ace 1 a “blow job.” Black Ace 1 recalled laughing off the question and saying “no.” A former coach for the Rockford IceHogs wrote in a 2011 evaluation of Black Ace 1, “I think what happened last spring with Brad Aldrich weighed on [Black Ace 1] this year big time.” When interviewed, the former coach stated that he never spoke to Black Ace 1 about Aldrich and based the note in the evaluation on rumors he heard at the time. Black Ace 1 also recalled an incident in approximately 2014 when he was chased around the ice by a former Blackhawks player who called Black Ace 1 a “f****t” and asked if Black Ace 1 “liked that blow job or what?"

There is simply no plausible deniability for anyone on the 2010 team.

If you're going to argue that the report confirms everyone didn't know, sorry but you're wrong. All the report confirms if that they couldn't get enough evidence to prove legally "everyone knew". That's a big big difference from confirming everyone didn't know.

Kyle Beach himself comes out and says he believes everyone knew about it, that's at least 4 players (Beach, Boynton, Sopel, Lalonde) from the 2010 team that says everyone knew, an opposing team player said he and others knew AND a team marketing official that says it was an open secret yet people still want to give players like Keith, Kane and Toews plausible deniability?

17 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

haha, good, fuck that guy.

17 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

While we were watching football and basketball Coach Q resigns.

ditto.

Toews fucking stepped in it too. They're all fucking idiots and will wish they had spoken up back then. Apparently no real balls among them. Fuck em, hope they get made examples of so it never happens again.

LeBrun very confidently says Tk^H^HKuh-chuck was never part of the CGY package.  I think BUF did very well, considering the surgery hanging over the thing.   Krebs was the 2nd-best player on the last Canadian WJ team, Tuch is a stud.  Very surprised the BUF got this done without retaining any salary.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Theo Aquacates said:

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him pass Jagr later this season. Dude’s playing incredible right now. 

11 goals and 10 assists in 12 games.  Never takes a shift off and seems to have the respect of teammates, opponents, and officials, alike.

Ovie is an absolute pleasure to watch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 10:01 PM, HornOnTheBayou said:

Does that mean I can't watch Stars games on ESPN+ if I'm in Austin? I have Youtube TV so I don't get the regional sports stations.

On 10/13/2021 at 1:33 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

98% sure Austin will be fucked on the ESPN+ deal, I’ll have a buddy test it Thursday. 

This appears to be your only streaming option for Bally SW. 

https://www.atttvnow.com

Follow-up on this discussion ... I'm in Austin and I had figured I couldn't watch Stars games on ESPN+, but just now I decided to go check, just for the fuck of it. I could watch the replays back to at least 10 days ago. Looks great. My only question is how long after the games the replays are available, and I wonder if they are available live. I doubt it, but I'm gonna check tonight. Tonight's game is listed on their "Upcoming" schedule, fwiw.

Sorry if someone else has already noticed this. Haven't read the whole thread since we talked about it before.

If this works out, it may be the answer I've been looking for.

1 minute ago, wood said:

Follow-up on this discussion ... I'm in Austin and I had figured I couldn't watch Stars games on ESPN+, but just now I decided to go check, just for the fuck of it. I could watch the replays back to at least 10 days ago. Looks great. My only question is how long after the games the replays are available, and I wonder if they are available live. I doubt it, but I'm gonna check tonight. Tonight's game is listed on their "Upcoming" schedule, fwiw.

Sorry if someone else has already noticed this. Haven't read the whole thread since we talked about it before.

If this works out, it may be the answer I've been looking for.

Not sure about Texas, but I live in Denver and we currently cannot watch Avs games on tv unless you have Direct TV. Something to do with a dispute between Comcast, Dish, and Altitude Sports. Tried watching on ESPN+ but doesn’t work for me. Real fucking nightmare for fans in the Denver area. 

35 minutes ago, Theo Aquacates said:

Not sure about Texas, but I live in Denver and we currently cannot watch Avs games on tv unless you have Direct TV. Something to do with a dispute between Comcast, Dish, and Altitude Sports. Tried watching on ESPN+ but doesn’t work for me. Real fucking nightmare for fans in the Denver area. 

I've posted this dozens of times: caststreams.com

• Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...

Caught a game last week at the old Hartford Civic Center. Lots of Whalers jerseys in the crowd and the old banners still hanging from the rafters. 

Got me thinking, with the NHL finding so much success with these outdoor games, why don't they have a regular season game in Hartford and Quebec? Imagine having Carolina put on the green and play Boston in Hartford or the Aves sporting the Nordique blue at the old Le Colisee against the Habs. Imagine what those tickets would sell for.

• Fuck You 1