Kevin Durant Longhorn Legend

Patrick Bateman

Man that really suck for KD. 12 minutes tonight cost him all next season. Can’t hate in him for wanting to go...but probably wasn’t the right thing to do.

Also sucks for anyone that was looking to make a major splash by maxing him out this summer. Unless some team stupidly offers him the max knowing he won’t play for the fists year and maybe have some rust coming back in year 2...the smart thing for him to do is to opt in with GS and then go back into FA next year.

Rally throws Free Agency into a tizzy too. Where does Kyrie go now?

I can’t imagine being arguably the best in the world at something and having it taken away for possibly a year or more in these circumstances. There has to be a period of mourning for something like that. 

Those Canadians, with all their beady little eyes and flappin' heads, suck.

I really, really hope the Golden State organization gets some scrutiny for everything, it could be an honest mistake or really bad luck, but this should be looked at carefully.  The timing is very upsetting to me as this may have ramifications beyond this season.

• Like 1

Fuck all of y’all! KD came back to play and everyone could see he wasn’t ok. Achilles! The series will end in Golden State bc end of stadium. KD should not have played. But he is locked into social media. Case in point: 

this is cool as fuck

• Like 1

Those of you hating on Durant - screw you. He has done so much for Texas. He is incredibly good. Overall he’s a decent person.

So, he’s made a few comments that make him seem like a jerk. His actions as a person have demonstrated far more good than bad. None of you little whiners would be able to handle the public scrutiny of being an NBA player. Not everyone can be perfect. We all can’t be Roger Staubach. I bet you whiners are insufferable little pricks at your office.

• Like 8

There are people on here that actually hate on KD? Shame on you. Great ambassador and talent. 

This is potentially a career altering injury. What a disaster. KD would’ve benefited from a training staff like the Spurs that would’ve held him out.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

right.  like 2 high-profile players not actively involved in feuds, would declare publicly that they are happier and perform better, without their star teammate. 

what did you expect him to say?  idiot.

Dude, give your KD hate a rest for two fucking seconds. Klay doesn't play the media game; he always says exactly what's on his mind. Steph was also in tears last night along with Myers. It's pretty fucking obvious how much they care about KD as a basketball player and a person.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Dude, give your KD hate a rest for two fucking seconds. Klay doesn't play the media game; he always says exactly what's on his mind. Steph was also in tears last night along with Myers. It's pretty fucking obvious how much they care about KD as a basketball player and a person.

No shit.  Would you have expected him to say otherwise?  So what does that clip prove?

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

There are people on here that actually hate on KD? Shame on you. Great ambassador and talent. 

I don't think anyone here hates on KD.  Yes, he's an amazing talent and he reps UT.  But he's also inexplicably surly and petulant at times.  He's just a complicated guy.  You can like someone and notice his flaws, too.

I don't think it's fair to throw the front office or the team docs under the bus for this.  They held KD out for a month and I'm sure he was lobbying to play.  After a month's rest and facing a 1-3 hole, he went out there at less than 100% to try to help save a championship season.  Whatever else people say about him, no one can deny that he's a great competitor.

I just think results-oriented thinking here is unfair.  If he'd scored 35 and they'd won, people would be bitching at the docs for not letting him play games 3 and 4.  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah they care so much that they pressured him into playing and hurting himself even worse.

He should not have ever suited up. Fuck that.

Is DeMarcus Cousins being pressured into playing as well?

KD has spent the last month rehabbing with the sole purpose of trying to get back before the end of the Finals. The doctors all cleared him, he looked good in practice, he looked good in shoot around and warm-ups. He's come back from weeks long calf injuries before. What are you supposed to tell him?

They idea that the doctors didn't do their due diligence because they were down 3-1 is asinine. Like Vic level stupid. They were targeting Game 4 before the series even started.

22 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Is DeMarcus Cousins being pressured into playing as well?

KD has spent the last month rehabbing with the sole purpose of trying to get back before the end of the Finals. The doctors all cleared him, he looked good in practice, he looked good in shoot around and warm-ups. He's come back from weeks long calf injuries before. What are you supposed to tell him?

They idea that the doctors didn't do their due diligence because they were down 3-1 is asinine. Like Vic level stupid. They were targeting Game 4 before the series even started.

They reported it as a "calf strain" when it was obviously worse. Even armchair doctors know that isn't good when the guy is looking back at his heel like that. We knew he came close to rupturing the achilles the first time.

You don't sit out over a month with a "calf strain". That shit was ugly and he should not have played, idgaf what anyone says.

And stop acting like there wasn't noise about the Warriors being frustrated that Boogie, Klay, and Looney were playing hurt while Durant wasn't.

Edited by Pam Cummings

37 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I don't think anyone here hates on KD.  Yes, he's an amazing talent and he reps UT.  But he's also inexplicably surly and petulant at times.  He's just a complicated guy.  You can like someone and notice his flaws, too.

I don't think it's fair to throw the front office or the team docs under the bus for this.  They held KD out for a month and I'm sure he was lobbying to play.  After a month's rest and facing a 1-3 hole, he went out there at less than 100% to try to help save a championship season.  Whatever else people say about him, no one can deny that he's a great competitor.

I just think results-oriented thinking here is unfair.  If he'd scored 35 and they'd won, people would be bitching at the docs for not letting him play games 3 and 4.  

I'm out of rep but this is the right take. 

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

They reported it as a "calf strain" when it was obviously worse. Even armchair doctors know that isn't good when the guy is looking back at his heel like that. We knew he came close to rupturing the achilles the first time.

You don't sit out over a month with a "calf strain". That shit was ugly and he should not have played, idgaf what anyone says.

And stop acting like there wasn't noise about the Warriors being frustrated that Boogie, Klay, and Looney were playing hurt while Durant wasn't.

So, let me see if I have this straight:

The Warriors lied about the initial injury (not just the severity, but the location), pressured him back early, and pushed him through half-assed medical exams. All actions that ensure that, if something like last night happens, everyone who had any part of it gets fired and never works in professional sports again, and the Warriors won't be able to sign a free agent worth a damn for a decade. Got it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Standard recovery time for a calf strain is 3-6 weeks.

And you can say it was worse than a calf strain, but you're basically saying that your eyes saw something that an MRI and a fleet of actual doctors didn't.

And where did you find this scuttlebutt about the Warriors being mad at KD for not playing through the injury?  I follow sports pretty closely and somehow missed it.  Link?

Look, they targeted his return for the WCF then pushed it back.  Then they targeted his return for game 4 of the Finals and he came back in game 5, so it's pretty difficult to say they pressured him into playing.