Kevin Durant Longhorn Legend

Patrick Bateman

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

if KD gets CP3 a ring then nobody can say shit to KD anymore. this move could define his legacy if he does end up winning a title there. 

Can CP stay healthy for more than 11 playoff games? 

Durant and Booker is just insane, though. That's instantly the best duo in the NBA.

And holy fucking fuck balls we could get Durant/LeBron in the Western conference semis or some shit.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Durant and Booker is just insane, though. That's instantly the best duo in the NBA.

And holy fucking fuck balls we could get Durant/LeBron in the Western conference semis or some shit.

Going balls out for KD a no brainer but as you pointed out…that’s a hell of a long shot bet on CP3 staying healthy.  Yikes 

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Going balls out for KD a no brainer but as you pointed out…that’s a hell of a long shot bet on CP3 staying healthy.  Yikes 

Book can run point if CP runs out of gas.  Ayton is a disappointment, but in their finals run, he was a horse.  They can do it without CP3 if DA steps up…. If CP can stay healthy it will be fun to watch.  Bridges is a loss, dude has a wingspan and can D like very few.

31 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The Lakers are not making the playoffs...

Durant & Booker vs. Luka & Kyrie

Going to be nuts 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

is it because of Kobe's defense? be wise to me KD is clearly superior offensively. KD mouth he the best offensive player ever. 

I'm the biggest KD stan here but I'm also a big Kobe fan despite being a Spurs fan and I think Kobe gets a bad rap in some circles (while being wildly overrated in more circles).

The main reason is that five titles is five titles - and despite being a "2nd banana" to Shaq in the early 2000s Kobe had some insane playoff series and overall bodies of work in that 3 year stretch. He also put together a pretty impressive repeat in 2009 and 2010. 

I think Kobe had a more fortunate career through no fault of Durant's. The main separation between them to me is that I think Kobe at his peak was able to get a little bit more out of his teammates and lead with a little bit more conviction than Durant ever has.

That said - at the height of their powers and in terms of individual skill Durant is pretty clearly the better basketball player. So really it boils down to how you're ranking players. For me, Kobe's career earns enough weight for me to still have him ahead of KD. 

That said - KD obviously isn't done playing. Title and FMVP with Phoenix this season and Durant leaps Kobe easily in my book. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm the biggest KD stan here but I'm also a big Kobe fan despite being a Spurs fan and I think Kobe gets a bad rap in some circles (while being wildly overrated in more circles).

The main reason is that five titles is five titles - and despite being a "2nd banana" to Shaq in the early 2000s Kobe had some insane playoff series and overall bodies of work in that 3 year stretch. He also put together a pretty impressive repeat in 2009 and 2010. 

I think Kobe had a more fortunate career through no fault of Durant's. The main separation between them to me is that I think Kobe at his peak was able to get a little bit more out of his teammates and lead with a little bit more conviction than Durant ever has.

That said - at the height of their powers and in terms of individual skill Durant is pretty clearly the better basketball player. So really it boils down to how you're ranking players. For me, Kobe's career earns enough weight for me to still have him ahead of KD. 

That said - KD obviously isn't done playing. Title and FMVP with Phoenix this season and Durant leaps Kobe easily in my book. 

Shaq and Barkley both say Jordan then Kobe, then you can start arguing about everybody else.

I think it was beyond basketball ability it was a mental thing with those two where they didn't just take over games or lead their teams they were in everyone's head. Big time. I was too young for prime MJ but Kobe was just on another level I've never seen since then.

Barkley also said LeBron is a really nice guy. Jordan and Kobe weren't. While that may be the best thing for LBJ and KD in the modern NBA it's just a different thing when someone has that mentally. 

14 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Shaq and Barkley both say Jordan then Kobe, then you can start arguing about everybody else.

I think it was beyond basketball ability it was a mental thing with those two where they didn't just take over games or lead their teams they were in everyone's head. Big time. I was too young for prime MJ but Kobe was just on another level I've never seen since then.

Barkley also said LeBron is a really nice guy. Jordan and Kobe weren't. While that may be the best thing for LBJ and KD in the modern NBA it's just a different thing when someone has that mentally. 

Yeah no offense I don't give a fuck what Shaq and Barkley think. They have way too many weird attachments and conflicts of interest. Kobe was a great player and his mentality was insane but he just wasn't as talented as guys like LeBron and KD. I mean, Steph included, who I actually do have above Kobe at this point. 

Like I brought up - Kobe had a very fortunate career. Have Shaq play with a 21 year old Durant or LeBron starting in 1999 and the rest of the Western Conference probably forfeits the following season. 

LeBron is leagues ahead of Kobe in my book and Durant still has a chance to pass him - and I'm extremely fair with where I rank Kobe. 

This is what's funny about discussions like this - people forget very easily. This was Durant's 2010 season where he finished 2nd in MVP voting and averaged 30 ppg to become the youngest scoring title winner in league history. This is how old Kobe was when he won that first tile with Shaq. Put this shit next to Shaq and tell me what you think would happen:

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

Since this is sports, and the primary audience is sports fans,  Kobe, Shaq, and  Lebron automatically take a back seat to Jordan and Russell due to their un-loyalty, and therefore can never,  ever be considered  a great NBA player due to their franchise un-loyalty.  All three are in my sports hall of shame for that.

14 minutes ago, Sundodger said:

Since this is sports, and the primary audience is sports fans,  Kobe, Shaq, and  Lebron automatically take a back seat to Jordan and Russell due to their un-loyalty, and therefore can never,  ever be considered  a great NBA player due to their franchise un-loyalty.  All three are in my sports hall of shame for that.

You sure about that Clark?

19 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

You sure about that Clark?

Who the hell is Clark?

But yes, hall of shame.  All three have harshed my professional sports buzz and therefore are in my hall of shame.  I give KD a pass due to that burning in hell rotten scumbag David Stern murdering the ultra successful and popular Sonics to that tornado laden shithole trailer park OKC.

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

This is fucking wild. Lmao. Clearly.

i agree with ztejas. ignorijgnkegacy and only focusing on skill and production, KD is at his peak is clearly better than kobe at his peak. KD is a top 2-3 offensive player ever and a more than serviceable defender. Kobe has a mystical air about him, but in reality he was way, way less efficient than KD on the offensive end. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

not exactly on topic,  it everyone here agrees: KD is a better player than Kobe was, yes?

Yes. It’s close but yes. Only close because of Kobe titles. 

10 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

if KD gets CP3 a ring then nobody can say shit to KD anymore. this move could define his legacy if he does end up winning a title there. 

100%. I’ve been a big hater of the original KD move to golden state, but this is the move right here. Be that number one option on a team like this, win a championship, and cement your legacy. Happy for him. I may even fuck around and try to catch a suns game as I live right up the road from footprint arena. 

25 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

Yeah, instead of going to the team immediately after they lost the finals, he waited a year to go to the team that lost in the finals. Sharp move, KD.

Instead of going to the greatest regular season team to ever exist, he went to a team that got smashed in the 2nd rd. He went to a team that actually needs him. 

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Why would anyone care about getting CP3 a ring?  I can't stand that fucking guy.  

oh no doubt. the only reason i would care about cp3 getting a ring is because he would owe that ring to KD. 

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I’ll never understand the CP hate. I’ve always loved the guy. His mom is a grade A cunt, though. 

he's one of the dirtiest players of the last 20 years, and he's part of the whole banana boat crew. seems pretty hate worthy to me. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I’ll never understand the CP hate. I’ve always loved the guy. 

I hear this a lot from people who have never watched him play in person. He's not as demonstrative and obnoxious as as Dray and Luka when it comes to riding the refs, but he's every bit as cunty. Dude is nonstop in their ear. Every fucking play whining about something. While he simultaneously sneaks in every scratch, claw, and elbow he can.

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I hear this a lot from people who have never watched him play in person. He's not as demonstrative and obnoxious as as Dray and Luka when it comes to riding the refs, but he's every bit as cunty. Dude is nonstop in their ear. Every fucking play whining about something. While he simultaneously sneaks in every scratch, claw, and elbow he can.

That’s most people in the NBA. I’m fully accustomed to it. One of the absolute worst at that was Duncan when he’d get big eyed at every fucking whistle.