Texas BBQ

Washpark

Long weeks at work should at least end with bbq on Friday. Headed to Truth for lunch.  At this point I should learn the cutters name as he recognizes me. He weighed my order, then cut a few burnt ends for free. He accidentally dropped one, so he grabbed another brisket just to cut a couple of more burnt ends that I wasn’t even paying for. That’s some damn good service. Lunch was excellent. 

image.thumb.jpeg.287a7d7edc5f93ced30d5e8eac5b04c5.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

On 4/22/2022 at 4:51 PM, Texzilla58 said:

That’s a sad looking rib but most joints have no clue how to cook them. Spare ribs need the chine bones removed and the membrane peeled. And you don’t cook them like brisket.

That'll preach in the most holy of barbecue restaurants.

1 hour ago, DallasSooner said:

Looks like tickets still available to this if anyone is interested in going.  Music and BBQ. Pretty good lineup of joints and musically if you are into that kind of thing.  It's in Georgetown on Saturday June 4th. 

https://www.troubadourfestival.com/?ck_sni

I was told that we have had a "save the date" wedding thing on the fridge for several months for June 4th when I mentioned the Troubadour Festival.  That means I only had to buy one ticket and I got out of going to a wedding.  With the money I saved on not having to buy the second ticket, I bought myself the VIP ticket.  win\win\win. 

Anyone else going to be there?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 5:13 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Several pages back I was asking about this new joint in San Antonio called Reese Bros BBQ. Looks like Mr. Vaughn beat me to it:

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/reese-bros-barbecue-san-antonio/

Nicely placed just slightly off my route through SA to Uvalde.  Open 5 hours a day; 2 days per week (Satruhday and Sundee) is off putting. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DallasSooner said:

Looks like tickets still available to this if anyone is interested in going.  Music and BBQ. Pretty good lineup of joints and musically if you are into that kind of thing.  It's in Georgetown on Saturday June 4th. 

https://www.troubadourfestival.com/?ck_sni

My buddy is in charge of this - it'll be extremely well executed. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Had lunch at Truth today, arrived around 1:30, 20 or so people inline. Ordered the 3 meat ppate, trinity was going to get jalapeño cheese sausage but the cutter suggested the pepperjack one. It taste like a smoked chili cheesedog, really good but kind of wished I stuck with what I originally wanted.
Brisket was great, ribs were good, Pinkertons has better ribs no question.
2e32dda7c732c130e1398d09da2093a4.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Ordered Truth to go today. Time in line - 0 min. Still the best bbq on the planet. Still the only bbq joint ive ever been to where the brisket, ribs, and sausage are ALL world class

I never get their ribs, so can’t speak to that. But the brisket is the best, and the most consistent. No exaggeration, I have eaten there (and brenham) about 25 times in the past 4 years or so, and only twice was below their average (which is extremely high). I am not sure what to make of folks that don’t like their brisket or their sausage. Whatever, more for me. And not to mention their service and quality control. More than a couple of times I have seen their cutters throw out cuts that other places would just throw on the tray. There is a 95% I eat lunch there this week.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Ordered Truth to go today. Time in line - 0 min. Still the best bbq on the planet. Still the only bbq joint ive ever been to where the brisket, ribs, and sausage are ALL world class

brenham or coastal backwater location?