Texas BBQ

Washpark

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Was it good potato salad ?

Yes. But I don’t usually have strong opinions either way on potato salad. 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

it should not have lasted more than 20 minutes.

The huevos had to be eaten first. I ate about half of the rib after it. Then had to try the dessert.

It cannot be overstated how awesome the huevos were.  Creative dish with the brisket. Spicy, just very well done. Overall, just awesome food. 

Edited by Humble Beast
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

How long was the line?

We got there at 745 and were 5th in line. By the time they opened there were probably 15 people in line. Stayed about that length the whole time we ate. Sunday is the only day they open at 8am.

No idea what the line situation is thu-sat when they open at 11. Id like to know though since I plan on going back. 

On 7/28/2022 at 9:08 PM, C-Man said:

Anybody been to Slaughter’s BBQ in Sulphur Springs? My sometimes cook partner went today with John Brotherton and Bill Dumas and raved about it.

Have friends with a lake house in that neck of the woods.  He’s a bit of a food snob who would fit right in here.  When I asked good bbq in the area his response was there isn’t anything good in the area aside from the lake.

6 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Hit up Interstellar BBQ this morning. Fifth in line at 10:10. Moist brisket, tippy turkey, pulled lamb shoulder, peach glazed pork belly, Texaca sausage, jalapeño slaw, and smoked scalloped potatoes. Everything was outstanding.

e4e6879d49a0978f606fb440f4fc5ea7.jpg

Also, the friendly cutter fella threw in a whole row of brisket burnt ends no charge.  Bout time for dinner. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Jesus 1701 bbq is fucking great. Got the trinity, everything was tits. This place should have made top 10. Its now in my personal top 10. May be best cue east of I45

I’ve been getting their boudain lately. It wasn’t the best at first but the recipe has been tweaked and it is tits as well.

Work had a massive event at J-Bar M yesterday and rented the place out. I was extremely impressed with their service in general, but the ribs, sliced brisket, and green beans kicked ass. They also did some likely special type sides that were really good, spicy/bbq hot wings, elote, bbq wrapped jalapeno poppers etc. 

Nice light lunch at Cattleack:

4E188544-0A4B-44BD-A0E7-A3101F07B06D.thumb.jpeg.7c845d7a09e2b2742edc6a1f656a905b.jpeg88C4E0B3-FCFC-47DC-96CF-5703DB982C2A.thumb.jpeg.602845e324366aba4a2a78b6f73b24c7.jpegE4A68402-BC85-44DA-942D-C5CF8FF858A0.thumb.jpeg.fd95092459fea699639a164d37bd28a5.jpeg

First time out and did not disappoint. Todd handed me an ice cold Lone Star around 10a and we were eating around 11 after waiting for about 1.5 hours.

Point and beef rib were top notch. Burnt ends are actually pork belly and were solid. Big surprise was the whole hog pulled pork with cracklins - super moist like South Austin’s mom with a pleasant bite.

4.8 Derka Dogs/5

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1