[Game Thread] Texas vs. OkSU - 11am on FOX

Pancho

54 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So many self-inflicted wounds today, both on the players and coaching. 2nd and 1 and Sark keeps trying to jam the square Casey Thompson peg into a round hole. I get they are stacking the line but Bijan is more likely than Casey to get you the first down with 2 shots. I just don't get it. I wish I didn't care that much and could just tune out of this program. It's so tiresome to have this same shit every year for 11 years now. 

I wonder if he thinks he's going to wear Bijan out if he works him every game like TCU. Fuck you GP. 

I gotta hand it to Sark. He has taken trolling this fan base to a level that only Shaka has reached. He has managed to show us the potential of this program before swiftly kicking us in the nuts with absolutely pathetic performance in a way that I had only see Shaka pull off before now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

huh? he's done it many times.  I am talking about taking the yardage when a passing play breaks(brakes?) down.  Sark is the one that tells him not to run.  he's already sadi he doesn't like his QB's running.  

did you forget what he did at the goal line at Arkansas?

if you think Sark is telling him to not run when the play breaks down you're crazy.

Look, for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.  We're just not a great football team right now. We lost to an undefeated team who is highly ranked. Did we want to win? Yes. Could we/should we have won? Yes.  It's a new coach's first season with players from the "turtle Tom" regime. Granted, we have some great talent on the field but too many positions have been neglected recruiting wise.  Let the staff get some beasts on defense and build some depth.  This sucks for me too, but we've got to be realistic and realize it will take more than a few months to come out of the tailspin we've been in.

• Hook 'Em 5

17 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Look, for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.  We're just not a great football team right now. We lost to an undefeated team who is highly ranked. Did we want to win? Yes. Could we/should we have won? Yes.  It's a new coach's first season with players from the "turtle Tom" regime. Granted, we have some great talent on the field but too many positions have been neglected recruiting wise.  Let the staff get some beasts on defense and build some depth.  This sucks for me too, but we've got to be realistic and realize it will take more than a few months to come out of the tailspin we've been in.

It does not take time to make adjustments to another coaches adjustments. We have Sark and he has shown he sucks at figuring out how to attack once the other coach has figured him out. How the fuck do you fix a coach that constantly gets out coached?  We know you don’t even since the Mack days in early 2000s

Edited by DanTheHorn

59 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

if you think Sark is telling him to not run when the play breaks down you're crazy.

he's admitted that he doesn't want his QB to run.  he wants him to go through the progressions.  Its basically the same thing. I'm saying he needs to just tell Casey to go by feel.  especially when he(Sark) shits the bed on adjustments at halftime every game.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

First time in Oklahoma State history that they've won three consecutive games against top 25 opponents. Defense held us to 1 yard in the 4th quarter.

Cancel the fucking season.

Holy crap.  Now I’m glad I missed the second half of this shit show.  One fucking yard…..And we are supposed to have a Heismen candidate running the rock?   Beam me up!

• Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Look, I haven’t been hired by anyone as an offensive genius, but if I have Bijan as my RB and it’s 2nd and 1, I am going to run the ball 3 times.

It’s not that hard.

It is if you are 7 win Steve.  4 more years in the wilderness.

Just now, David Dennison said:

The wilderness is the last 50 years of Texas football, with the exception of five or six years during Mack Brown's tenure.

eh, I get the old we aren't Ohio State and we aren't Oklahoma or Bama either but we've had some decent stretches.  we're like Michigan or USC or Notre Dame

It’s just a vicious cycle. We can’t win games like this that we need to get more recruits to help us not suck because we don’t have the talent necessary to move the ball or stop the other team. So we lose these games and keep not getting the recruits we need. So we have to try to luck our way to a win and that rarely happens. Then you add to that terrible coaching decisions over the past decade. I was hoping Sark could be the guy to offense us to a win like today or against OU but he’s perpetually shitting the bed in the 2nd half. And I still don’t get what he’s doing with Bijan in the 2nd half of the last two games. That’s when we’re losing these games. And I still don’t get why I still give a shit. 

52 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Its not so much they lost, but the way they lost.

They folded in the 4th.

30 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Look, I haven’t been hired by anyone as an offensive genius, but if I have Bijan as my RB and it’s 2nd and 1, I am going to run the ball 3 times.

It’s not that hard.

And Rojan will get at least one of those carries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jinx said:

I gotta hand it to Sark. He has taken trolling this fan base to a level that only Shaka has reached. He has managed to show us the potential of this program before swiftly kicking us in the nuts with absolutely pathetic performance in a way that I had only see Shaka pull off before now. 

Sark is in his first year though so those glimpses of potential are still actually exciting and give me some hope. By year 3-4 if this shit is still happening, then it's Shaka all over again

Just now, bullet said:

And Rojan will get at least one of those carries.

Does the playbook not contain two backs in the backfield, Bijan and Rojo?  On 2nd and 1, I put both backs in the backfield, play action to Bijan, and throw either to a tight end or to Rojo, case closed, gonna get probably 10-15 yards with Rojo because the D does not expect him to be on the receiving end.  

I would run two backs at the same time starting the 2nd half and give Rojo plenty of carries, probably about 30-40% of the carries.  This reminds me of the Marion Barber/Murray? situation with the cowboys.  Cowboys used up Murray, and finally got smart and put Barber in as a switch.  Kept the D honest.  

Right now, defenses are not used to the speed of Bijan, learn it in the first half and then come out in the 2nd half knowing if it is a running play to key on Bijan.  No threat of another back and our OL being bad leads to the D knowing the plays as well as the O, which leads to 0 yards.  Have to utilize Rojo. 

Is it really that simple?  Iow, are the coaches really so dumb that they can't figure out Rojo needs carries so the D doesn't know the plays?  

C'mon coaches! 

37 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

It’s not that hard.

2nd and 1 is when you take your shots, or so I've been told for over 50 years of watching football.

Does the playbook not contain two backs in the backfield, Bijan and Rojo?  On 2nd and 1, I put both backs in the backfield, play action to Bijan, and throw either to a tight end or to Rojo, case closed, gonna get probably 10-15 yards with Rojo because the D does not expect him to be on the receiving end.  
I would run two backs at the same time starting the 2nd half and give Rojo plenty of carries, probably about 30-40% of the carries.  This reminds me of the Marion Barber/Murray? situation with the cowboys.  Cowboys used up Murray, and finally got smart and put Barber in as a switch.  Kept the D honest.  
Right now, defenses are not used to the speed of Bijan, learn it in the first half and then come out in the 2nd half knowing if it is a running play to key on Bijan.  No threat of another back and our OL being bad leads to the D knowing the plays as well as the O, which leads to 0 yards.  Have to utilize Rojo. 
Is it really that simple?  Iow, are the coaches really so dumb that they can't figure out Rojo needs carries so the D doesn't know the plays?  
C'mon coaches! 

For me, that's the most frustrating part. 3 headed monster, so use it but I also get that when the defense is gaining penetration can the run work? And PA in the 2nd half when opposing defense sells out on the run.
Is there something we all miss as fans because an elite coach knows the intricacies of a 4-2-5 and tendencies of the opposing team? If so, then your game preparation isn't enough and what is the huge staff looking at all week against who we are playing?
I am so frustrated that you have the best RB in the nation, a pretty damn good back up and 3rd stringer. Use Bijan as a threat to set up something.....anything. or feed him because he eats. And in the 2nd half, go with some misdirection off of Bijan.

11 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Baylor is gonna be a tough matchup. I don't feel good at all about that one. Idk what to think about ISU anymore. WVU doesn't scare me quite as much.

Given our injury issues, I will be shocked if we win any of those 3(because WVU is in morgantown).  I think we are looking at 6-6.  

Baylor can run the ball and Aranda is gonna whip Sarks ass.

ISU is solid and can also run the ball.  

Given our injury issues, I will be shocked if we win any of those 3(because WVU is in morgantown).  I think we are looking at 6-6.  
I don't see how we can beat WVU if it's close. No will, no defensive leadership, no accountability, and did I mention no will?

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Yeah I think we're looking at 6-6.  

Sucking sucks.