[Game Thread] Texas vs. OkSU - 11am on FOX

Pancho

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

What really concerns me is good coaches make adjustments the second half and I’m not seeing that from Sark at all.

Bijan's TD run at the start of the 3rd quarter was the last first down we got for the rest of the entire game. Okie Lite put the clamps on us hard. The 4th quarter was Shawn Watson coaching the shambolic remains of Mack's roster-type offensive ineptitude.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Bijan's TD run at the start of the 3rd quarter was the last first down we got for the rest of the entire game. Okie Lite put the clamps on us hard. The 4th quarter was Shawn Watson coaching the shambolic remains of Mack's roster-type offensive ineptitude.

We know the what since you’re so fucking smart please enlighten us to the why.  

8 minutes ago, stork642 said:

We know the what since you’re so fucking smart please enlighten us to the why.  

Scipio Tex has a longer explanation. The gist is that once defenses realize they have nothing to fear from players not named Bijan or Worthy, they can and do shut us down easily.

7 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Scipio Tex has a longer explanation. The gist is that once defenses realize they have nothing to fear from players not named Bijan or Worthy, they can and do shut us down easily.

So we don’t have the talent.  You’re saying our coaches suck.  Which is it?  What I’ve seen so far this season is it’s clearly a talent issue.  Is that Sark’s fault?

• Hook 'Em 1

Well, that wasn't Gundy doing a horns down or shit, just the loser poster.  They deserve to have fun, they came in and outfought UT (gee, where did I hear that this year?).  Gotta say for a man of (way over now) 40, that's some impressive Cossack leg shit at the end.  If nothing else, he's in shape.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stork642 said:

So we don’t have the talent.  You’re saying our coaches suck.  Which is it?  What I’ve seen so far this season is it’s clearly a talent issue.  Is that Sark’s fault?

You're hearing what you want to hear, nothing more.

Go look up the offensive depth chart that we started in our demolitions of K-State and Colorado to end the season. We ran all over them with much the same O-line, same TE, and same RBs we trotted out against Oklahoma and now against Okie Lite. This squad has major holes but it still has enough talent to exceed 1 yard in the 4th quarter and zero first downs on our last five drives.

Now go look at our second-to-last drive, and how predictable the playcalling was when we needed just one yard to get a first down in a do-or-die situation. Okie Lite's defense knew what was going to happen before the snap.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

You're hearing what you want to hear, nothing more.

Go look up the offensive depth chart that we started in our demolitions of K-State and Colorado to end the season. We ran all over them with much the same O-line, same TE, and same RBs we trotted out against Oklahoma and now against Okie Lite. This squad has major holes but it still has enough talent to exceed 1 yard in the 4th quarter and zero first downs on our last five drives.

Now go look at our second-to-last drive, and how predictable the playcalling was when we needed just one yard to get a first down in a do-or-die situation. Okie Lite's defense knew what was going to happen before the snap.

So you are comparing K State and Colorado to Oklahoma and a no loss OSU.  OK.  

• Hook 'Em 3

The worst part of shitting the bed the last two weeks is you wait for months for football season, especially with the new coaching staff,  anticipating; and in one week's time, the season is for all intense and proposes is over, for anything worthwhile this season. 

Edited by Mo Horn
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, stork642 said:

was talent the issue when we were up 28-7 on OU or 17-3 on OSU?

• Like 3

This team has finally broke me. I have no interest on the rest of the season. I haven't missed watching a single game from 2004 to now, but I've honestly finally had enough. If the players are gonna quit I guess I'll go ahead and do the same. This program is on par with Nebraska and is rotten from the inside out.

The fact that walkons are starting on defense and that pathetic unit playing offensive line is what is trotted out on Saturdays shows how far gone this once great program has fallen. The slogan "The pride and winning tradition of the University of Texas will not be entrusted to the weak or the timid" needs to be removed from the football complex, because it's obvious that shit ain't true. 

Neg me, IDGAF won't be on Surly until the offseason. 

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

was talent the issue when we were up 28-7 on OU or 17-3 on OSU?

Well that talent has to play the whole game correct?   This seems pretty simple.  I would argue the only reason the team has done so well at the beginning of games is because of scheme.  At some point the players need to take over and they can’t so it’s obvious we are severely lacking in talent.  

Edited by stork642

4 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

This team has finally broke me. I have no interest on the rest of the season. I haven't missed watching a single game from 2004 to now, but I've honestly finally had enough. If the players are gonna quit I guess I'll go ahead and do the same. This program is on par with Nebraska and is rotten from the inside out.

The fact that walkons are starting on defense and that pathetic unit playing offensive line is what is trotted out on Saturdays shows how far gone this once great program has fallen. The slogan "The pride and winning tradition of the University of Texas will not be entrusted to the weak or the timid" needs to be removed from the football complex, because it's obvious that shit ain't true. 

Neg me, IDGAF won't be on Surly until the offseason. 

You realize there are other boards besides football right?

After sleeping on it and collecting my thoughts on the last few weeks of football.  I’m getting this feeling we aren’t as good as the 9.95era said.  Baylor. K state Iowa state are likely Ls.   As much as the coaches play calling sucks. They were handed a roster with paper tigers and they are going to have a dog shit stained carpet for a bit until they can clean it up. I’ve reduced to my expectations to nothing so I’ll be more delighted when I watch the highlights. 

go Bijan 

14 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

After sleeping on it and collecting my thoughts on the last few weeks of football.  I’m getting this feeling we aren’t as good as the 9.95era said.  Baylor. K state Iowa state are likely Ls.   As much as the coaches play calling sucks. They were handed a roster with paper tigers and they are going to have a dog shit stained carpet for a bit until they can clean it up. I’ve reduced to my expectations to nothing so I’ll be more delighted when I watch the highlights. 

go Bijan 

This is the correct answer. This season is over, it doesn't matter if they win out, still going to the Texas bowl or some other trash bowl. Playing a dumpster fire, reject team from another conference. Now it's just about getting bijan a Heisman and making sure that everyone learns how to respond to what the coach is telling them to do in game. 

I would be straight with the locker room if I were sark. I would tell them the season ended yesterday and the people who want a roster spot next year, tryouts start in game 2 weeks from now. If you don't make the cut GTFO we will get people from portal or recruits. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Cairn Horn88 said:

So….what and why did things change/regress…..asking for a coach.

Unforced errors on defense keeping OK state on the field, then getting into "omg we are losing traction" mode and doing stupid shit like false starts and dropping easy passes to wide the fuck open receivers. 

Also just straight up not blocking after Jake Majors got out. I don't think you fucking morons realize that losing your starting center is a big deal on the offensive line. Its not an excuse to not block anyone, but it has a major effect on blocking assignments.  

Do we have a depth problem? We start out as world beaters but run out of gas in the second half on both offense and defense. We also played two highly ranked teams in the last two weeks so maybe this problem shows up against good teams.

I remember the years where we used to start slow and wished for fast starts. Now we have the fast starts but the second half is our Achilles heel against good competition. Is it depth, conditioning, coaching or all of it?

go Bijan 

What scares me is that I don’t think Sark and the coaching staff realized how bad we were either. I’m thinking he’ll be a lot more aggressive with the portal next offseason. We also need to up our bag game which I’ve heard rumors that we are ready to.

15 minutes ago, El Hornarino said:

Does it count as a depth problem if a lot of the starters aren't any good either?

Yes.  Yes, I believe it does.

6 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

What scares me is that I don’t think Sark and the coaching staff realized how bad we were either. I’m thinking he’ll be a lot more aggressive with the portal next offseason. We also need to up our bag game which I’ve heard rumors that we are ready to.

It's frustrating that we've been so disorganized about this.  There are so many opportunities to funnel money openly to players now, completely above board.  This is where our "big money donors" can finally make the huge impact they've always claimed they wanted.  

Edited by utee94

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yes.  Yes, I believe it does.

It's frustrating that we've been so disorganized about this.  There are so many opportunities to funnel money openly to players now, completely above board.  This is where our "big money donors" can finally make the huge impact they've always claimed they wanted.  

Bag game isn’t for when they’re on campus. It’s for getting them to campus. We’ve failed both though. 

We need thumb drives full of Bitcoin period. 

right now if I had any type of power or clout my sole focus would be getting Bijan everything he earns. 200 yards of O a game. Swing passes screens. Rushes whatever. Get the young blood ready for the soeed of the game maybe allow Card some reps so our QB room isn’t Charles Wright and Malik Murphy.  Keep developing X and someone not named whitt and play the younger linemen without burning their shirt.  I predicted 3-4 loses early in the year. During the great koolaid rush but loses of hard fought games are easy to swallow. Losses of complete and total failure from half time on at the level that would make Charlie strong look like bill belicheck is unacceptable. 

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bag game isn’t for when they’re on campus. It’s for getting them to campus. We’ve failed both though. 

NIL is being used for both. Well, not by us, at least not very well.  But other schools are successfully using it for both.

11 hours ago, satyanash said:

3-4 Tulsa put up more first downs, more yards, and as many scores (missed an XP) on this Okie Lite defense than we did. Make of that what you will.

When sark called the slant that was pick sixed, you think he teaches Casey to stare it down and throw it anyway? This board shit all over Sam for the same exact play Casey had on his second pick! When a coach takes over for a piece of shit psycho that mentally fucks kids…how long do you give the new regime to cleanse the herman from their brains? Ok state has a veteran defense with a senior safety that doesn’t quit playing for 4 quarters. BlOwU has a bonafide fucking stud in Caleb Williams. When you falter physically there’s a chance you’re tough enough mentally to overcome it. Casey looks hurt to me and we have no defensive leaders. Ok state broke us physically then they broke us mentally. It happens. Year 3 or 4…then we know we are fucked. Not year 1

When sark called the slant that was pick sixed, you think he teaches Casey to stare it down and throw it anyway? This board shit all over Sam for the same exact play Casey had on his second pick! When a coach takes over for a piece of shit psycho that mentally fucks kids…how long do you give the new regime to cleanse the herman from their brains? Ok state has a veteran defense with a senior safety that doesn’t quit playing for 4 quarters. BlOwU has a bonafide fucking stud in Caleb Williams. When you falter physically there’s a chance you’re tough enough mentally to overcome it. Casey looks hurt to me and we have no defensive leaders. Ok state broke us physically then they broke us mentally. It happens. Year 3 or 4…then we know we are fucked. Not year 1

Username checks out.

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

Sark should have pulled Casey for Hudson.  Casey was off on his throwing and was late at making the decision to take off running and got sacked from the sided when there was an open field in front of him.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

go Bijan 

This.  And it’s year 1.  I’m not on the fire Sark train or anything, but I’m praying this season doesn’t derail recruiting because I think once Sark get the guys he needs here, he can be successful with his system.  It’s like someone said yesterday, it’s frustrating because we can never close and win the games we need to in front of the recruits we need yet we need those recruits to get out of the darkness (or something like that). 

We will go to some bowl in Shreveport, Biloxi, Pensacola, or some shit so I hope we win that to set a good tone going into next season. 

With that said, let’s prep for Beard Ball as that might provide some solace.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1