[Game Thread] Texas vs. OkSU - 11am on FOX

Pancho

1 minute ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Where are all of the optimists?

IF we win out….

Fucking idiots.

The big12 would never ever ever let us into their last shitty stupid dumbfuck championship game, and I'm the biggest optimistic Texas fan ever.

Two big games in a row that we played highly ranked teams, had good to very big leads, 3 and out nearly the entire 4th quarters and 1 damn offensive yard in the 4th quarter today….. and some of you miserable cunts we’re negging anyone who said we turtled away the OU game. 
Did Herman ever shit on two consecutive winnable big games in a row like this?  

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Casey played as poorly as I've seen in a long time. He's lost his decisiveness, and he's making poor reads even when he has time. The hand injury also seems to have sapped some of the poor arm strength he already had. He needs to sit until he gets healthy at the very least.

Nope sorry you are wrong. 

Here is out 2nd half offense output after the TD;

PUNT

PUNT

PUNT

PUNT

T/O - on Downs

INT

Tell me that is not coaching. 

1 minute ago, Lhorn said:

Two big games in a row that we played highly ranked teams, had good to very big leads, 3 and out nearly the entire 4th quarters and 1 damn offensive yard in the 4th quarter today….. and some of you miserable cunts we’re negging anyone who said we turtled away the OU game. 
Did Herman ever shit on two consecutive winnable big games in a row like this?  

we don't have a fullback playing qb to save our ass now

You could see the reaction on Sark's face after Casey didn't get the 4th down:

"That's not what you were supposed to do."

We just have dumb low-talent players.

I've had coaching experience where I can specifically tell a player, "If he does A then you do B." The player says OK, goes out, the other guy does A and my player does C and loses. His excuse? "I thought I could make it." Me: "I don't give a shit what you thought. If you do B then even if it doesn't work we don't lose. But the odds are it'll work." They nod and say they'll do better next time and next time they fuck it up again. Sometimes you have no choice because the backup is just as stupid and less talented. Eventually you just have to cut your losses and move on.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

TH wasn't the guy, but Sark is just as fucking stupid in a different way.   He should have played Card as Casey was off and wasn't playing well.   

Yep I don't know why the mf didn't leave Card in on that 3rd and 6. Stupid.

1 minute ago, Kel Varnsen said:

At least we won't really be able to blame this one totally on the refs

Not totally. I think they robbed Washington in the first half by not calling PI in the end zone.

2 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

D played good enough except getting gassed because offense couldn’t get 1 yard in the 4th quarter.  Pick 6 changed the game.  Should have been 20-3 at the least

If we could pick only one thing to fix on this team it should be the OL. No, the D isn't great, but they could probably do what's needed if the OL could just be average.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Modessit said:

You could see the reaction on Sark's face after Casey didn't get the 4th down:

"That's not what you were supposed to do."

We just have dumb low-talent players.

I've had coaching experience where I can specifically tell a player, "If he does A then you do B." The player says OK, goes out, the other guy does A and my player does C and loses. His excuse? "I thought I could make it." Me: "I don't give a shit what you thought. If you do B then even if it doesn't work we don't lose. But the odds are it'll work." They nod and say they'll do better next time and next time they fuck it up again. Sometimes you have no choice because the backup is just as stupid and less talented. Eventually you just have to cut your losses and move on.

This is why Card started the season 

Casey’s got some talent but he makes poor decisions trying to play hero ball 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Well, fellas. I have no care for the rest of the season. No recruit will want to play for a dumbass who can't adjust. 

This was obvious how bad Sark was in the Arkansas game. Herman and Strong were also exposed early on and it never got better. Sark will be the same. There is a reason beyond him being an alcoholic on why he wasn't a head coach any longer. He wasn't good. Talent always outweighs off the field incidents. He has no talent as a head coach.

• Like 1