[Game Thread] Texas vs. OkSU - 11am on FOX

Pancho

1 minute ago, Stunns38 said:

Didn’t let the time run out of the quarter either. Tons of panicky, questionable decisions by the entire coaching staff(mainly offensive).

That's at least the 2nd time he has rushed the last play of the 3rd quarter on a crucial play with the lead instead of waiting until the 4th.

55 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

I bet we go for the long bomb in a 3rd and short down and don't convert. That's how stupid our play calling has been.

The pass the QB chooses is not on the play caller. He runs a progression read offense where the QB decides which option to take. Casey is making poor decisions.

• Hook 'Em 1

The 10+ year walk in the wilderness has been bad, but I don't think I've ever seen a team that is this soft in the trenches on OL. One fucking yard in the 4th quarter, that's beyond pathetic. The LBs and Safeties love running into blockers and the secondary gives a softer cushion than a sleep number bed. 

Fuck it, just play the young blood and throw them into the fire, they can't be any softer than these seniors and upperclassmen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

What does this even mean, especially without context

Coaches call plays that they feel their team can execute. These guys weren't executing much. Even the WRs blocking on the edge was poor.

Come on, man.

Did you watch the game. Were the calls trying to win? No he peed down his leg for the second week in a row. He fucking blows. Get him the fuck out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

That's at least the 2nd time he has rushed the last play of the 3rd quarter on a crucial play with the lead instead of waiting until the 4th.

Nearly had a coronary in the stands over that. But then I calmed down, and said to myself “oh well, I’m sure we’ll lateral pass our way to a win…”
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fastbreak said:

The 3rd quarter after the opening TD wasn’t that much better.

3 plays, -3. Punt
3 plays, 7, Punt
3 plays , 4. Punt

9 plays, 8 yards.

Then

3 plays, -6 punt
4 plays, 7 punt
1 play int

We ran 17 plays for 9 yards with 5 punts and 1 int.

And people are pissed at the d running out of gas? It is amazing how bad the O was in the 2nd half.

• Hook 'Em 1

Casey looked off today. Bad o-line definitely didn’t help matters but he didn’t play well. We have no receiving threats outside of Worthy and Bijan. Washington seems slow af. That long catch in the 2nd (I think) quarter should’ve been a td. Defense did it’s part for most of the game. This loss is on Sark and the offense.

Casey is beat up and isn't playing with any confidence at all. He was hesitant, rattled, and making bad decisions most of the 2H. OSU realized it and loaded up the box and played aggressive D because they only needed to get pressure and stop the run.

The answer for Sark should have been quick hits, screens, and occasional deep shots. But he didn't call many and the ones he called weren't executed well.

Defense played well enough, even though they did get tired and got gashed at the end. But it's hard to play inspired D when the O isn't gaining enough yardage for a 1st down for an entire half of football. 

The defense is what it is. Our offense can do much better and it can be fixed. 

Will it be? Different question. 

Just now, Disco Missile said:

Casey is beat up and isn't playing with any confidence at all. He was hesitant, rattled, and making bad decisions most of the 2H. OSU realized it and loaded up the box and played aggressive D because they only needed to get pressure and stop the run.

The answer for Sark should have been quick hits, screens, and occasional deep shots. But he didn't call many and the ones he called weren't executed well.

Defense played well enough, even though they did get tired and got gashed at the end. But it's hard to play inspired D when the O isn't gaining enough yardage for a 1st down for an entire half of football. 

The defense is what it is. Our offense can do much better and it can be fixed. 

Will it be? Different question. 

These are my thoughts as well

1 minute ago, GTX Horn said:

Casey looked off today. Bad o-line definitely didn’t help matters but he didn’t play well. We have no receiving threats outside of Worthy and Bijan. Washington seems slow af. That long catch in the 2nd (I think) quarter should’ve been a td. Defense did it’s part for most of the game. This loss is on Sark and the offense.

He's been off starting at TCU. Bijan just saved us that day. We really should be 0-3 the last 3 games

8 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

Watching LHN. Sark has the million mile stare. I've seen same on Herman and Strong. In his defense he did say he's 100% to.blame.as opposed to the turtle.

Can only imagine what it's like as a HC facing the press after a loss. Nothing they say will satisfy fans or dooshbag reporters.

2 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Can only imagine what it's like as a HC facing the press after a loss. Nothing they say will satisfy fans or dooshbag reporters.

Animated GIF

When you're getting paid that much, tough titties. Do your fucking job and win, or at the very least, don't shit the bed two weeks in a row

Feels good, man; feels real good to know that get my Saturdays back from college football. 

For the rest of the year, I don't have to give a fuck.  I can just go out and do fun shit on Saturday and maybe check a score every now and then.  Or maybe not.  Because who really cares?

I think I'll spend next Saturday on the lake.  Or maybe I'll just spend some time in the office preparing for trial that I have in a few weeks.  Who knows?  Saturday is the undiscovered country.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

So glad I didn’t buy tickets to WVU hahah 

That shit will be their super bowl even if both teams lose every game between now and then.

Their fans were cool when they first joined the Big 12 but now they’ve convinced themselves that we’re big rivals and they’re the drunk redneck assholes you’d expect 

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Animated GIF

When you're getting paid that much, tough titties. Do your fucking job and win, or at the very least, don't shit the bed two weeks in a row

Sounds like your wife popped the bubbly again this week when we were up 17-3.

9 minutes ago, bullet said:

I didn't think it looked like intentionally letting them score.  If so, that's a firing offense.  FG and its a 4 point game with over a minute left.  TD and you have to get a TD and 2 point conversion just to tie.

they absolutely let them score and it was absolutely the correct move.  in your scenario where they kick the fg and take a 4 point lead, texas gets the ball back with less than a minute to go and no timeouts.

42 minutes ago, Horny04 said:
44 minutes ago, Zeus said:
Big12 is almost over bub next year it gets fun

Getting our shit pushed in by the SEC kind of fun? This team sucks

Getting recruits that can play physical

Not getting fucked by the refs

Not playing in a pussy conference

We will be great in the SEC just hang in there

3 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

they absolutely let them score and it was absolutely the correct move.  in your scenario where they kick the fg and take a 4 point lead, texas gets the ball back with less than a minute to go and no timeouts.

exactly.  you let them score.  it didn't matter what we did either way but the strategic move is to let them score.