[Game Thread] Texas vs. OkSU - 11am on FOX

Pancho

15 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Even with the TD drive included we had 2 first downs in the 2nd half. 89 total yards after the pick 6.

just like the williams run last week.  I turned to the people I was with and said its over.

we had a chance but the fuckery by the refs cost us 6 points and potentially more.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

He's been off starting at TCU. Bijan just saved us that day. We really should be 0-3 the last 3 games

Coincidentally, all of those defenses made the OL struggle. But I'll go further and say there were 'signs' even against Tech. Many of his off throws or failures to see open receivers in that game were him losing composure due to pressure in the pocket, even on plays when the time and protection was there. Would Card have done better if Sark had stuck with him after Arkansas? It's anyone's guess. You pick a guy you feel gives you the best shot to win and hope he progresses. But Sark should listen to his gut and be ready to put whoever the backup is into the game at some point and the last thing he should worry about is what the fans or the guy he yanks think about it. Give Riley credit where it's due. He's shown he knows when it's time to switch horses.

Edited by sith_horn

It's just so god damned frustrating.   What more can we do?  Genuinely, what more can the god damn fans of this football team do?  We show up...we get loud....we give as more money than god.....we do god damned everything a fanbase needs to do to win championships.   

WEAK AND FUCKING TIMID.......coaches and players.   See y'all at the fucking Alamo bowl where we'll win by 40 and give us all some sort of fucking hope.  Fuck it all.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

It's just so god damned frustrating.   What more can we do?  Genuinely, what more can the god damn fans of this football team do?  We show up...we get loud....we give as more money than god.....we do god damned everything a fanbase needs to do to win championships.   

WEAK AND FUCKING TIMID.......coaches and players.   See y'all at the fucking Alamo bowl where we'll win by 40 and give us all some sort of fucking hope.  Fuck it all.

We aren't going to the Alamo Bowl.

7 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I wish that whoever was responsible for scripting the first offensive series would do it for the 3rd quarter during halftime with adjustments. It’s obviously not Sark because he obviously has no idea what he’s doing. For god sakes, he could even get 1 yard on 3 downs with the game in the line.

Players have to execute. Not that I don't have any criticisms for Sark. I question why at times he won't put Roschon or Keilan in more often for instance. I speculate he wants to feature Bijan for the Heisman possibly. Or maybe he just has that much faith in him, but it seems at times Bijan shows some fatigue and a fresh set of legs and change might be a good idea at those times. Frankly, I think Roschon is good enough to be a starter on most teams.

Edited by sith_horn

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

Texas Bowl is probably our ceiling now 

So many self-inflicted wounds today, both on the players and coaching. 2nd and 1 and Sark keeps trying to jam the square Casey Thompson peg into a round hole. I get they are stacking the line but Bijan is more likely than Casey to get you the first down with 2 shots. I just don't get it. I wish I didn't care that much and could just tune out of this program. It's so tiresome to have this same shit every year for 11 years now. 

• Hook 'Em 3

It is truly impressive at how we beat the shit out of teams in the first half, and then somehow once the 3rd qtr starts we get gimmicky and make mind blowing dumbass decisions. What coach happens to have a 3 headed monster at RB's and only uses one? That run K-Rob had was energetic and then Sark just takes him out of the game never to be seen again. Rojo rushes for a 1st down and he's never to be seen in the game again. We get to the goal we pass instead of handing it off. Why? That's a special kind of moronic. 

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's so wild that every year, our coach refuses to play to our teams strengths. 

Exactly this. K-Rob twice, Rojo once, and chooses to fit a square peg in a round hole with Joshua Moore instead of working with Brewer to make teams stop doubling up on Worthy. I mean what the fuck? 

46 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

I hate to break it to you but we ain't making the Alamo Bowl...

18 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

I saw it. He looked beaten.

the D didn't lose this game but I hope he knows he's gonna need to fire his DC after this year and that is why he looks beaten.

I really hope this shit is eating his ass up.  He's getting 5M to fix this shit.  I'm sorry he came on the back end of Charlie and Herman and the pressure is going to be even higher but as with every coach we fire after 4 years, he will be set for life.  so start winning or GTFO.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

From what I've seen in the last 2 games, it's time to move on.  If not we will be subjected to 3 more years of mediocrity.   

With Vince and Colt and Sam and even Case! you always felt like the team could win at the end.  This team makes you feel like they will always lose at the end.  Almost did to TCU.

13 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I think it is no coincidence that on our only scoring drive in the second half Casey had a run for 12 yards and then Bijan busted the 38 yarder.

Sark needs to tell Casey to run more.

Casey doesn't like to run because he sucks at it, that is painfully obvious

1 minute ago, bullet said:

With Vince and Colt and Sam and even Case! you always felt like the team could win at the end.  This team makes you feel like they will always lose at the end.  Almost did to TCU.

Defense also started getting badly gashed against Tech in the second half.  Their defense was so bad that it didn't matter, but now we know it was a sign of things to come.

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Actually he doesn’t. But something has changed in how he is being coached because he never looks to use his legs to hurt a defense. And it happened when he became the starter. He had no problem taking off and running against Arkansas. 

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

huh? he's done it many times.  I am talking about taking the yardage when a passing play breaks(brakes?) down.  Sark is the one that tells him not to run.  he's already sadi he doesn't like his QB's running.  

did you forget what he did at the goal line at Arkansas?

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Defense also started getting badly gashed against Tech in the second half.  Their defense was so bad that it didn't matter, but now we know it was a sign of things to come.

this.  this whole staff is getting outcoached at halftime.  just like the previous staff.

• Like 2