NLCS- Dodgers v Braves

Sbbruin

37 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

How much would it suck to win 106 games and be the “road” team against an 88 win team. SF puts up an MLB leading 107 win season and gets bumped out in the first round by the second best record who has to win on the road. What a country.

Lol. They’re getting worked at home too. Fuck the Dodgers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Coming back from 3-1 two years in a row would be mighty impressive

But this ain't at some neutral site bullshit so good luck with that.

Hopefully Tom Brady doesn’t suit up for LAD to shock an Atlanta team with a big lead 

12 hours ago, Scraps said:

Coming back from 3-1 two years in a row would be mighty impressive

But this ain't at some neutral site bullshit so good luck with that.

Backs are against the wall for sure.  It would be one thing if it were just one thing- starting pitching, or bullpen pitching, or hitting, but it's all 3.  Our 3 Cy Young candidate starters have given up 10 runs in 14 innings (only getting 14 innings in 3 starts is a HUGE problem too), the bully has been fair, and the hitting has been tragic.  I don't know if the chase down the stretch for the division, then a wild card game, then a 5 game nail-biter against the Giants just spent them, but the team out there right now is not the team we've seen all season.

That said, get through today somehow- a tall order going bullpen against Fried- and we go Scherzer and Buehler to try to win it in Atlanta.  Do I think it's going to happen?  No.  Do I think it can happen?  Yes.  But a whole lot has to change for that to happen.  Now with JT out, the mountain just got higher.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Backs are against the wall for sure.  It would be one thing if it were just one thing- starting pitching, or bullpen pitching, or hitting, but it's all 3.  Our 3 Cy Young candidate starters have given up 10 runs in 14 innings (only getting 14 innings in 3 starts is a HUGE problem too), the bully has been fair, and the hitting has been tragic.  I don't know if the chase down the stretch for the division, then a wild card game, then a 5 game nail-biter against the Giants just spent them, but the team out there right now is not the team we've seen all season.

That said, get through today somehow- a tall order going bullpen against Fried- and we go Scherzer and Buehler to try to win it in Atlanta.  Do I think it's going to happen?  No.  Do I think it can happen?  Yes.  But a whole lot has to change for that to happen.  Now with JT out, the mountain just got higher.

Oh the horror, I can't imagine such a thing ;) 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Its tough to repeat. Baseball teams rarely do so. The fire just isn't burning as hot.. 

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Astros fans should not throw stones in this regard. Tickets were available on game day for both LCS games.

Fans getting spoiled is a real thing.  Back in the 90s, I remember the Braves had trouble selling out playoff games.