Who could we realistically hire tomorrow if Sark was hypothetically fired?

GreenspointTexas

8 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

today was awful (particularly because it was a carbon fucking copy of last week - just against a much shittier opponent) but we're never going to get anywhere if we keep changing hiring shitty coaches every 3-4 years.

Say Sark posts 3 straight 7-5 seasons...would you want to keep him around for 3 more years after that? 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

today was awful (particularly because it was a carbon fucking copy of last week - just against a much shittier opponent) but we're never going to get anywhere if we keep changing coaches every 3-4 years.

at this point, part of the lure might be to prove that any coach, even a bad coach is going to get an extended period of time (and be left alone) to fix things. I don't think our program is half-way as bad to coaches as other say but the narrative is out there (read any of the The Athletic articles that interviews coaches, agents etc about various programs) and we have to combat that.

• Hook 'Em 3

Write off this year, see what happens next.

Yes, I know that doesnt appease the people who want heads to roll right away, but changing coaches every 3-4 years is not a recipe for success. If you think it is, please provide examples..I'll hang up and listen.

Oh, and I'm drunk just like the rest of you degenerates, took me two minutes to type this up without looking like a fucking retard.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Not that Texas could hire him tomorrow.  But I have wanted Texas to hire Gundy for a while now.  Proven winner in the Big 12.  Main draw back is his record against OU.  But clearly better than any coach we have had in 15 years.
His teams always fade when it really matters, hard pass.

Next?

14 minutes ago, ousux said:

Yes, I know that doesnt appease the people who want heads to roll right away, but changing coaches every 3-4 years is not a recipe for success. If you think it is, please provide examples..I'll hang up and listen.

Gary Gibbs -> Howard Schnellenberger ->John Blake ->Bob Stoops

Fuck it hurt me to type that.

44 minutes ago, Monahorns said:

Not that Texas could hire him tomorrow.  But I have wanted Texas to hire Gundy for a while now.  Proven winner in the Big 12.  Main draw back is his record against OU.  But clearly better than any coach we have had in 15 years.

We aren’t going to be in the Big 12 anymore lol 

• Hook 'Em 1

Jimmy Johnson. Pay him $100M and give him the keys to do whatever the fuck he wants now that NIL is legal. His motivation to overshadow Jerry and the Boys as the most successful program in Texas is all the motivation he needs.

Pure fantasy and will never happen but it’s funny to think about. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Gary Gibbs -> Howard Schnellenberger ->John Blake ->Bob Stoops
Fuck it hurt me to type that.
So who's the next cockgobbler out there without actually being THE cockgobbler who's more than happy spending his retirement stuttering in front of tv cameras?

Just like when Sark was hired last year, there are no realistic, surefire homerun hires available..and if there were they would turn down a program willing to fire a coach after one season.

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Traylor?

That's who I wanted before the Urban fiasco. Still think Sark is an elite QB, OL, and DC from being a CFP team. At this point, Texas just needs to stick with someone and ride it out. This team's biggest problem is playing in 2-3 different schemes, and a mishmash of players not recruited for the present scheme. The last two losses are teams with inferior talent but coaching continuity. 

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ousux said:

Write off this year, see what happens next.

Oh, and I'm drunk just like the rest of you degenerates, took me two minutes to type this up without looking like a fucking retard.

Well, since everyone likes to claim BUT WHAT ABOUT SABAN for Herman and then Sarkisian’s records… 

BUT WHAT ABOUT BAMA. They went through something like  5 in 20 years before landing Saban.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

today was awful (particularly because it was a carbon fucking copy of last week - just against a much shittier opponent) but we're never going to get anywhere if we keep changing coaches every 3-4 years.

I submit to you

Mike Dubose, Dennis Franchione, Mike Shula........Nick Saban

• Hook 'Em 2