Who could we realistically hire tomorrow if Sark was hypothetically fired?

GreenspointTexas

2 hours ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Fuck it all. I say they select the 3 most prolific posters to this football forum and let them run the program by committee for 3 years and we can all watch and post from the peanut gallery. Let’s see how that works.

I don't know who the other two are, but I don't like sharing power. 

Until people stop beating off to the “we are Texas” mantra and give someone more than 4 years to erode the apathetic culture that has a stranglehold on the program, nothing will change. It’s funny how all these coaches forget how to coach once they get here. The list goes on and on of guys who are lauded as a great hire and halfway through their 1st season they are dog shit and need to be canned. 

There are only 3 coaches with staying power in recent memory that have taken over big programs that weren’t good recently prior to their arrival, and turned it around instantly. Pete Carroll, Urban Meyer, and Nick Saban. You could even throw in Bob Stoops. 

Tope Imade, and bless his heart because I wish him the best, is the epitome of why this program is where it is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Until people stop beating off to the “we are Texas” mantra and give someone more than 4 years to erode the apathetic culture that has a stranglehold on the program, nothing will change. It’s funny how all these coaches forget how to coach once they get here. The list goes on and on of guys who are lauded as a great hire and halfway through their 1st season they are dog shit and need to be canned. 

There are only 3 coaches with staying power in recent memory that have taken over big programs that weren’t good recently prior to their arrival, and turned it around instantly. Pete Carroll, Urban Meyer, and Nick Saban. You could even throw in Bob Stoops. 

Tope Imade, and bless his heart because I wish him the best, is the epitome of why this program is where it is. 

This is true.

I don't think Charlie Strong, bless his heart, is the guy we wanted to keep around for a long time.

I think Herman was rubbing too many people the wrong way, to include recruits, although he might round into a decent HFC some day.

We don't have enough information on Sarkisian yet to conclude anything.  It is easy to draw some alarming parallels, though.  They are just that, parallels, analogies.  They don't really mean shit.

We're probably going to have to sit around and take some lumps, no matter who we hire.

Listen here, you fuckheads.

The #1 reason we lost, both today and last week, is because these guys have not had a good coaching staff tell them what to do for 5 years straight.

Neither okie lite nor OU have had this issue. They have good staffs, and consistency, for the past half decade.

Changing coaches now just digs us deeper, even if Sark is not the guy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Listen here, you fuckheads.
The #1 reason we lost, both today and last week, is because these guys have not had a good coaching staff tell them what to do for 5 years straight.
Neither okie lite nor OU have had this issue. They have good staffs, and consistency, for the past half decade.
Changing coaches now just digs us deeper, even if Sark is not the guy.

Dude. I would wager that 90% of the people responding this thread are just joking. It’s a bullshit hypothetical.

But anyone who thinks the shit ass play calling in the second half of both these games didn’t have a large factor in the outcome is a dumbass.

1 hour ago, Gidnik said:

moneywhip luke fickell or james franklin

OCT 8, 2014

James Franklin says he lied about seeing Vanderbilt rape case video

Penn State coach James Franklin testified via Skype on Wednesday in the rape case that led to the dismissal of four former Vanderbilt football players.

4 hours ago, ousux said:

So who's the next cockgobbler out there without actually being THE cockgobbler who's more than happy spending his retirement stuttering in front of tv cameras?

We can make him an offer once he's done working out of the Oval Office. OHHH ba-doom-cha  /cr

100% would be happy with Franklin. Liked him since Vandy (although I wanted Andersen more than him, so my judgment isn't perfect).

I think we need a proven HC with a track record more than a coordinator with big ideas and hype.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Last week during the first half a lot of you were calling Sark the greatest coach Texas has had since Royal. By the end of the game you wanted to fire him. At least you’re consistent. 

That settles it. We are going to hire the best 2nd half coach to help Sark.  He left TMU early, but Eric Taylor it is. We will win all of our games by last second TDs, but we will somehow win. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

I say we give Elon Musk a call, have him mix in some A.I. programmed with the best traits of the best coaches in football history, throw it up on the Godzillatron clone with the Eye of Sauron and give that a try.  Carbon-based coaching units are so yesterday

Really, you want this? 

Mark Zuckerberg Smile GIF

So many retread names in these threads, always. Traylor has been the answer since before Herman. What does "We're Texas" even mean if we just follow the crowd and hire like everybody else does? 

Oh here's a bright shiny object who rode a hot QB to some big wins! Hire him!

Oh, he sucks.

Wait, here's a different bright shiny object who rode a hot QB to some big wins! Hire him! 

Well, he sucks too.

Wait, here's another sort of bright and not as shiny object who the adults in the room think is a genius, but he's had personality issues and has enjoyed the most success as a coordinator for one of the all-time juggernauts of the sport....Eh, hire him, I guess...

Jury is out....

But we've had a natural born dynastic HFC of the University of Texas right under our noses but the people in charge were too fucking cowardly to make that bold move.

I've put it out there a few times over the years and been roundly abused by the "smart posters" on these boards whose only real answer as to why we haven't done this is "you're stupid" (directed at me) and "Texas just doesn't hire guys like that," because of his lack of his experience. 

Well, he has the experience now. He's shown that creating a HS dynasty in East Texas and maintaining it for 15 fucking years might equate to coaching acumen on the level of Tom Herman's or Charlie Strong's. He's nailed recruiting wherever he's been (relative to the prestige of the job) and he hails from the most vital region of our state, football-wise. And while he was here, he delivered the goods out of East Texas, unlike Herman, who most certainly did not lock down H-Town like his fraud-ass ice-grill mouth promised. 

I am not sure if UTSA is not better than us right fucking now. And what were the recruiting rankings of those classes he's working with there? Probably 50s at best. He gets his players to overachieve. For the better part of 20 years our recruits have made a mockery of the concept of recruiting rankings, period. 

I still think Sark could get us out of this rut but I sadly believe we missed out on hiring the next Darrell Royal because our AD and yes, our fanbase, are too unwilling to make or sign on to a bold move.

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

So many retread names in these threads, always. Traylor has been the answer since before Herman. What does "We're Texas" even mean if we just follow the crowd and hire like everybody else does? 

Oh here's a bright shiny object who rode a hot QB to some big wins! Hire him!

Oh, he sucks.

Wait, here's a different bright shiny object who rode a hot QB to some big wins! Hire him! 

Well, he sucks too.

Wait, here's another sort of bright and not as shiny object who the adults in the room think is a genius, but he's had personality issues and has enjoyed the most success as a coordinator for one of the all-time juggernauts of the sport....Eh, hire him, I guess...

Jury is out....

But we've had a natural born dynastic HFC of the University of Texas right under our noses but the people in charge were too fucking cowardly to make that bold move.

I've put it out there a few times over the years and been roundly abused by the "smart posters" on these boards whose only real answer as to why we haven't done this is "you're stupid" (directed at me) and "Texas just doesn't hire guys like that," because of his lack of his experience. 

Well, he has the experience now. He's shown that creating a dynasty in East Texas and maintaining it for 15 years might equate to coaching acumen on the level of Tom Herman's or Charlie Strong's. He's nailed recruiting wherever he's been (relative to the prestige of the job) and he hails from the most vital region of our state, football-wise. And while he was here, he delivered the goods out of East Texas, unlike Herman, who most certainly did not lock down H-Town like his fraud-ass ice-grill mouth promised. 

I am not sure if UTSA is not better than us right fucking now. And what were the recruiting rankings of those classes he's working with there? Probably 50s at best. He gets his players to overachieve. For the better part of 20 years our recruits have made a mockery of the concept of recruiting rankings, period. 

I still think Sark could get us out of this rut but I sadly believe we missed out on hiring the next Darrell Royal because our AD and yes, our fanbase, are too unwilling to make or sign on to a bold move.

cliffs notes dude. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

cliffs notes dude. 

Yeah 415 words is a lot for you knuckledraggers.

HIRE TRAYLOR. HE FROM TEXAS. HE GOOD. HE PROVE IT NOW. HIS TEAM SMASH OURS. WE NOT SMART WHEN HIRE HERMAN AFTER COACH POTATO FAIL. WE NOT SMART TO HIRE SARK AFTER TURTLE TOM FAIL. SAFE CHOICE BAD CHOICE SOMETIMES. TEXAS NOT BOLD AS TEXAS SAY. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Xian said:

I mean, at this rate Whats the point. If he wins out keep him, but doesn’t anyone think that can happen?  Just start preparing to fire stark end of year.  It’s likely going to beed happen anyway. Why not be prepared.   History shows there is No point in keeping losers past year one.   

Put the beer down buddy. It will be ok in the morning.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Blotto said:

Say Sark posts 3 straight 7-5 seasons...would you want to keep him around for 3 more years after that? 

Unless he portals in Brockermeyer, Damien George, or similar prospects it will take at least that long to build a decent line. 

29 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

HIRE TRAYLOR. HE FROM TEXAS. HE GOOD. HE PROVE IT NOW. HIS TEAM SMASH OURS. WE NOT SMART WHEN HIRE HERMAN AFTER COACH POTATO FAIL. WE NOT SMART TO HIRE SARK AFTER TURTLE TOM FAIL. SAFE CHOICE BAD CHOICE SOMETIMES. TEXAS NOT BOLD AS TEXAS SAY. 

Dude, you need to work on your English.

29 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

2nd and 1 is the exact best time to take a shot passing.

Except that isn’t what happened. It was a bullshit screen pass that went nowhere. It was a dumb fucking play at the time in the game.  We were down 25-24. We needed to bleed the clock but still move down the field for at least some kind of score. Shit play calling. Bijan, RoJo, or even Thompson should have ran for a first down. And if not on the next play, run it again. 

spacer.png

5 hours ago, dcar00 said:

I submit to you

Mike Dubose, Dennis Franchione, Mike Shula........Nick Saban

You left out the 3rd Mike, Mike Price who never made it to coach his first game. He was fired after a night/weekend of booze, hookers, and blow at the beach. At least no hookers were killed on that weekend.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Except that isn’t what happened. It was a bullshit screen pass that went nowhere. It was a dumb fucking play at the time in the game.  We were down 25-24. We needed to bleed the clock but still move down the field for at least some kind of score. Shit play calling. Bijan, RoJo, or even Thompson should have ran for a first down. And if not on the next play, run it again. 

spacer.png

You saw what happened on 3rd and 1 right? That's exactly why they called 2nd and 1 that way. Get the ball away from your problem to someone out in space who usually can make a play. OSU was blowing our line up play after play. We just trotted off our starting center. OSU is playing off the ball. The problem wasn't the playcall the problem was the execution. Casey, instead of putting the ball right on the receiver where he has time to stick his foot in the ground and make a man miss, leads the receiver right into the incoming tackle. Here it is for you to see. 2:14.10 mark if it doesn't load at the spot. Then on 3rd and 1 the end clearly crashes on the read play, but instead of Thompson taking it outside like he is supposed to he decides to go inside where traffic is. On 4th and 3 as soon as he starts to scramble his eyes are down. If not he sees the easy dump to Brewer for a 1st. Casey was clearly rattled. The calls weren't the problem.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, bornbama1 said:

You left out the 3rd Mike, Mike Price who never made it to coach his first game. He was fired after a night/weekend of booze, hookers, and blow at the beach. At least no hookers were killed on that weekend.

Roll Tide?  It's Rolling, Baby!

I think he'd be an upgrade for Texas right now.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chase25 said:

Bullshit. We are fucking Texas. The flagship of the 2nd most populas state in the union.   Our 4th largest metro area had more people than the entire state of oklahoma.     No reason we should ever Lose to their junior college. 

Edited by Xian
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Xian said:

Bullshit. We are fucking Texas. The flagship of the 2nd most popular state in the union.   Our 4th largest metro area had more people than the entire state of oklahoma.     No reason we should ever Lose to their junior college. 

What 'cha drinkin'?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

We may have this thread, the "is Sark a fraud?" thread, and the "This is who Steve Sarkisian is." thread, but at least one of our moderators hasn't gone full-fucking retard with "we should've let Card ride it out to TCU" like Nahlin did. 

But then again, he is financially invested. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2