Who could we realistically hire tomorrow if Sark was hypothetically fired?

GreenspointTexas

1 minute ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Can't.  We're Texas.  We'll claim academic superiority over the secsecsec knuckle draggers to make ourselves feel better.  This school has not been serious about winning since 2009/2010.

I used to think so, then we joined the sec.  we’re a full on redneck bubba school now.  Time to embrace it 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/16/2021 at 10:03 PM, ONE YARD said:

Bullshit. We are fucking Texas. The flagship of the 2nd most populas state in the union.   Our 4th largest metro area had more people than the entire state of oklahoma.     No reason we should ever Lose to their junior college. 

Exhibit A

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't know who we'd hire.  But I sure as hell can tell you who won't be hired: a winning coach.  Why? Because Texas always finds a way to mind-fuck itself into the wrong hire.  We passed on Harsin, Aranda, and others.  I read numerous reason why they just weren't a "good fit".  They seem to be doing ok these days, don't you think?  And look at what we actually hired.  It's like we let a room full of dipshit consultants set up a fucking RACI in Excel with 28 tabs of BS for us to review before deciding who to call for interviews.  Yeah, we'd just fuck it up again.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, ONE YARD said:

So you think this a talent issue?  It’s not. It’s all coaching 

It’s not talent. It’s soft entitled pussies who think getting here is the finish line not the starting point. It’s ingrained in these coddled shitstains and I don’t know if you can coach it out of them. 

9 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

I don't know who we'd hire.  But I sure as hell can tell you who won't be hired: a winning coach.  Why? Because Texas always finds a way to mind-fuck itself into the wrong hire.  We passed on Harsin, Aranda, and others.  I read numerous reason why they just weren't a "good fit".  They seem to be doing ok these days, don't you think?  And look at what we actually hired.  It's like we let a room full of dipshit consultants set up a fucking RACI in Excel with 28 tabs of BS for us to review before deciding who to call for interviews.  Yeah, we'd just fuck it up again.

No chance hiring a 2-7 Aranda would've been approved.

14 minutes ago, Topper13 said:

We all knew you were right, but you were the first one to say it. Sometimes shit happens.

Yeah, I didn't actually want to say it, but it had to be said. Hiring a coordinator from Bama is dumb af. Saban runs that program, everyone knows that. At least Fickell has shown he can adjust and coach. Not sure about recruiting, but it shouldn't be that hard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

This team has enough talent to have double digit leads in all but 2 games. This coming off a season we lost 3 games by a total of 13 points. Let’s be the first team to fire a first year head coach for on the field performance and set a trend. 

That you attempted to correlate this team to last year's destroyed your credibility.

We lost to OU and ISU last year too, and went to OT with OSU.  We did beat Baylor but didn't exactly kick their ass with Turtle Tom.

Edited by TwiceHorn

I didn't care about the hire because it doesn't matter if I like them or not. None of them have been sure things since the moment we pushed Mack out. For all the bluster of we're Texas and we can money whip anyone, we've never done that. We flirted with Saban. We flirted with Urban. We can never land the sure thing. Brian Kelly was my choice but I don't know why he would risk his tenure with Notre Dame for this. We're a joke program. We're just a program with donors who have lots of money and fans that show up despite how awful we are. We're Tennessee with money in an inferior conference that we have no shot of winning. We're about to be Tennessee with money in a conference we're going to be dead last in. We are so far behind in talent and coaching than most of the programs in our state. I don't understand how we've fallen so far so fast. This thing won 7 games last year. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I didn't care about the hire because it doesn't matter if I like them or not. None of them have been sure things since the moment we pushed Mack out. For all the bluster of we're Texas and we can money whip anyone, we've never done that. We flirted with Saban. We flirted with Urban. We can never land the sure thing. Brian Kelly was my choice but I don't know why he would risk his tenure with Notre Dame for this. We're a joke program. We're just a program with donors who have lots of money and fans that show up despite how awful we are. We're Tennessee with money in an inferior conference that we have no shot of winning. We're about to be Tennessee with money in a conference we're going to be dead last in. We are so far behind in talent and coaching than most of the programs in our state. I don't understand how we've fallen so far so fast. This thing won 7 games last year. 

It hasn't been fast.  It's been going on for 11 years.

This thing won 7 games with Sam Ehlinger at QB.  There’s the difference you’re looking for.  But I’ll agree with your points about Texas’ failure to hire the “sure thing”.  At least the athletic department made a hard push to go after the sure thing this past offseason which proves at least their heads were in the right place.  Sark was a Plan B with “hopeful” upside just like Charlie

I didn't care about the hire because it doesn't matter if I like them or not. None of them have been sure things since the moment we pushed Mack out. For all the bluster of we're Texas and we can money whip anyone, we've never done that. We flirted with Saban. We flirted with Urban. ** We can never land the sure thing. **

We're the overweight, middle-aged wealthy dude who made tons of money in tech, but can't even score a curvy chola at the bar. So we over-compensate with shit that doesn't matter to chicks.  We're one of the best public universities--a public ivy, I tell ya;

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

We won 10 games in 2018 and lost 3 games by a combined 13 points last year. We were not this bad last season. It can't just be Sam Ehlinger being gone. 

its not, and its not just Sam, Ossai and graham.  What it is, is that Steve Sarkisian is a shitty fucking HC

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

Time to get this thread heated up.

It would be different if the Offense was progressing…..if players were showing improvement, scheme was evolving, players executing. Instead, we’re regressing on offense and showing no improvement on defense. Yes, we lack personnel. Player-wise we’re just not that good.

But this coaching job has been awful. Atrocious. Reminds me of the Charlie years where he didn’t know how to fix anything and he couldn’t identify what needed to be fixed and where to start.

We can’t go into the sec with this can we?

Barring a Mike price like scandal he gets at least three years

22 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

We're the overweight, middle-aged wealthy dude who made tons of money in tech, but can't even score a curvy chola at the bar. So we over-compensate with shit that doesn't matter to chicks.  We're one of the best public universities--a public ivy, I tell ya;

Vic laughs at us, while pulling the curvy cholas

• Haha 1

It doesn’t matter. Program is in a self imposed curse. Big money demands Alabama/Clemson/osu results but won’t get in the game of player acquisition that those teams play. 

yet we chase that level of player thinking the power of persuasion will get the job done, and when most all of them go elsewhere we miss out on that level of player as well as many others just below whom we did not build relationships with. 

we are doomed to the current state until we change our process. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It doesn’t matter. Program is in a self imposed curse. Big money demands Alabama/Clemson/osu results but won’t get in the game of player acquisition that those teams play. 

yet we chase that level of player thinking the power of persuasion will get the job done, and when most all of them go elsewhere we miss out on that level of player as well as many others just below whom we did not build relationships with. 

A lot of truth here. And we are headed right back into it with the SEC. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Explain this to me; With the access of NIL, how are we not in the game of player acquisition?

• Like 1