Who could we realistically hire tomorrow if Sark was hypothetically fired?

GreenspointTexas

16 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Y’all are funny.  

You know was really crazy, let’s say we really did fire Sark and hire someone else…. We’ll be right back here ready to fire whoever cause they didn’t win the national championship or the big 12 😂😂😂😂😂

Not really. Just don't embarrass the program by losing 5 straight (and counting) for the first time in 65 years, including a home loss to motherfucking Kansas. 

Edited by TXpride
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 11/7/2021 at 1:34 PM, mdmost said:

No, it's where coaches come to get exposed for who they really are. This job has a great way of showing everyone what you're worth and what your deficiencies are. 

You are right, this is apparently no ordinary coaching job, maybe almost too big for anyone less than a Saban or Meyer or Mack in his prime type...

Since Sark isn't getting fired anytime soon, maybe they should really just do their homework and hire a dang good fit at DC...If possible find someone whose strengths are Sark's weaknesses...If Sark is not a great motivator, and it seems he isn't, hire that type of coach for the defense that can come in get the entire team amped up...If Sark is soft and  not good at being the bad guy, ballbreaker, etc hire that type of dude for the defense....I guess kind of make it a 2 man type job if one coach can't handle it...

39 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Y’all are funny.  

You know was really crazy, let’s say we really did fire Sark and hire someone else…. We’ll be right back here ready to fire whoever cause they didn’t win the national championship or the big 12 😂😂😂😂😂

Why do you think people want to fire Sark at this point?  I’ll give you a hint, it’s not because of lack of nattys or B12 championships 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Horn Dogg said:

Why do you think people want to fire Sark at this point?  I’ll give you a hint, it’s not because of lack of nattys or B12 championships 

Man Sark lost to OU after being up by 21 and a lot of y’all were ready to fire him 

4 hours ago, D3zii said:

Man Sark lost to OU after being up by 21 and a lot of y’all were ready to fire him 

A few maybe, but most people were just pissed. But then he proceeded to blow the next 3 games in a similar fashion, before finally deciding "fuck it why even bother with the first half lead". He has now lost 5 straight, including a home game vs KU who had lost their last two big xii road games by 52 pts each. This reaction would be playing out within any fan base in the US.The team gets fucking worse every week. It's a fucking clown show. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

A few maybe, but most people were just pissed. But then he proceeded to blow the next 3 games in a similar fashion, before finally deciding "fuck it why even bother with the first half lead". He has now lost 5 straight, including a home game vs KU who had lost their last two big xii road games by 52 pts each. This reaction would be playing out within any fan base in the US.The team gets fucking worse every week. It's a fucking clown show. 

IMG_0383.GIF.e0b5ea4c45831bdbba624f037a0c2c3d.GIF

33 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Hey, you can't just expect to not get blow out by Arkansas, not give up 3 straight double digit leads, not lose 5 straight games for the first time in 65 years, and not lose to the Mighty Kansas Jayhawks at home. Typical entitled Texas fan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

From where I sit hiring a football coaches comes with 2 philosophies.   Plan A.  The coach is a proven commodity/winner.  He's a big name.  Typically, will cost more $$$ up front and may produce quicker results in the "W" column.  One has remember, even though you buying make a big splash hire, this guy had to start somewhere.  Urban started with Bowling Green, then went to Utah.  How do you players go to furkin' Utah?  Plan B. A coach is hired that can develop lesser talent.  4-5 star recruits desire to go to the bigger institutions for TV exposure and a shot at playing on Sunday.  Plan B coaches typically are getting 2-3 star guys.  Maybe a 4 star gets overlooked and falls into Charlie Strong's lap (Teddy Bridgewater) and suddenly he looks like a genius.  It is important to look at the body of work as a whole.  PJ Fleck and James Franklin took historically bad programs and made them viable with lesser quality talent.  That is what I call coaching.  Having prime rib in the ice box doesn't make you a coach. Just consider our current situation.  

If things were such that we HAD to hire someone this week, my plan A guy would be Art Briles (65 yrs old). Jim Tressel would be nice but he's 68 and most likely content to stay away from the stress.  Briles IMO has something to prove yet. If I were Briles I would want to somewhat clear my name and kick some football ass to prove to all the naysayers FU.  If I were going plan B, I'd hire KC Keeler at Sam Houston State.  He doesn't get players like Bijan or Rojo, but he's winning and building a program.  No matter who gets hired, half the fans will agree and the other half will not.   Now I'm headed to town for breakfast at the cafe'.  Enjoy the day boys and girls.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

From where I sit hiring a football coaches comes with 2 philosophies.   Plan A.  The coach is a proven commodity/winner.  He's a big name.  Typically, will cost more $$$ up front and may produce quicker results in the "W" column.  One has remember, even though you buying make a big splash hire, this guy had to start somewhere.  Urban started with Bowling Green, then went to Utah.  How do you players go to furkin' Utah?  Plan B. A coach is hired that can develop lesser talent.  4-5 star recruits desire to go to the bigger institutions for TV exposure and a shot at playing on Sunday.  Plan B coaches typically are getting 2-3 star guys.  Maybe a 4 star gets overlooked and falls into Charlie Strong's lap (Teddy Bridgewater) and suddenly he looks like a genius.  It is important to look at the body of work as a whole.  PJ Fleck and James Franklin took historically bad programs and made them viable with lesser quality talent.  That is what I call coaching.  Having prime rib in the ice box doesn't make you a coach. Just consider our current situation.  

If things were such that we HAD to hire someone this week, my plan A guy would be Art Briles (65 yrs old). Jim Tressel would be nice but he's 68 and most likely content to stay away from the stress.  Briles IMO has something to prove yet. If I were Briles I would want to somewhat clear my name and kick some football ass to prove to all the naysayers FU.  If I were going plan B, I'd hire KC Keeler at Sam Houston State.  He doesn't get players like Bijan or Rojo, but he's winning and building a program.  No matter who gets hired, half the fans will agree and the other half will not.   Now I'm headed to town for breakfast at the cafe'.  Enjoy the day boys and girls.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761143e170b7e8c4cecbd8

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

I would argue that the culture problem is exactly why we aren't as attractive as we think we are or should be.

I would probably agree.  But, whatever the cause, we just aren't a winning program, haven't been in a while, and don't have a good recent-ish (30 years) history of winning.  Throw in the coaching turmoil and lack of success, and I'm not sure we're real attractive to an established head coach at a pretty successful program, even if not Saban, Meyer, or Swinney level.

15 minutes ago, BevoSwag said:

Since we will soon be playing aggy again I vote to hire The Pirate.

Instead of swing your sword it'll be swing your horns! I like it! During the old Big 12 days nobody could get under the aggies skin like Leach. Plus, he can literally mold competitive and winning programs out of literal dog shit (see Texas Tech and Wazzu).

9 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Instead of swing your sword it'll be swing your horns! I like it! During the old Big 12 days nobody could get under the aggies skin like Leach. Plus, he can literally mold competitive and winning programs out of literal dog shit (see Texas Tech and Wazzu).

And he actually wins at home. Having home field advantage again would

be nice

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

There is zero chance Kellen Moore leaves the NFL. 

I think Shannahan's seat is getting warm(er) in SF. I don't think he'd ever want to do the recruiting thing, but it'd be cool to bring him back to Austin.

• Drool 1

7 hours ago, D3zii said:

In hindsight, were they really wrong? 

Shit takes in general dude. Mack Brown got what, 2 B12 titles over nearly 20 years? Our standards are far lower: don't let us be a national fucking joke. 

23 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It's 70% of the contract.....so basically after Dec 1 this year it's like 20-21m

So after next year we will only be on the hook for about $16 million without cause. That number is definitely in the range if we have another 6 losses next year. 

21 minutes ago, GhostOfTomChairman said:

I'm of the opinion that if Urban comes to us and says I'm in then you shit can Sark on the spot. Anyone else is not worth the risk and PR hit.

100% but I think next season is the most likely for both parties. 

On 11/7/2021 at 9:13 AM, bullet said:

All I can say is:  we fired DKR to get Akers.  We fired Akers to get McWilliams.   Then we fired Mack to get Charlie Strong.  And we fired Hermann to get Sark.  4 of the last 7 have been significant downgrades and it was almost impossible to do worse than McWilliams and Strong, the 2 worst coaches in our history.  So if you don't count those 2, we are 1 for 5 in upgrades in my lifetime.  Be careful what you wish for.

DKR wasn't fired but he was definitely feeling the pressure from "the Suits" in the Tower to upgrade the image of the football program from a rugged. tough image to a more corporate one. That was one the reasons he resigned. 

3 minutes ago, RC Horn said:

DKR wasn't fired but he was definitely feeling the pressure from "the Suits" in the Tower to upgrade the image of the football program from a rugged. tough image to a more corporate one. That was one the reasons he resigned. 

And the image redesign is why we’re in the state we’re in. It’s the root of all our issues. 

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I would probably agree.  But, whatever the cause, we just aren't a winning program, haven't been in a while, and don't have a good recent-ish (30 years) history of winning.  Throw in the coaching turmoil and lack of success, and I'm not sure we're real attractive to an established head coach at a pretty successful program, even if not Saban, Meyer, or Swinney level.

This is speculation on my part, but I think if some self-awareness and self-reflection were demonstrated by those representing UT during the interview process, it would alleviate many the concerns of the coaches being interviewed

17 minutes ago, GhostOfTomChairman said:

Have you?

The very fact that you cannot laugh or even ignore my obviously non-serious comments is a symptom of this whole mess.

Get the fuck over yourself.