TM Top 50 BBQ Joints 2021

Both Tacos

I have to go to a funeral in San Antonio next Friday afternoon. Going down Thursday morning, though. Headed back to Dallas on Saturday morning. Any chance I could hit Burnt Bean in either direction???
They're open both days. I'd pick which ever day you could get there before or near opening. Fewer people on Thursday, but I'm sure they cook less food.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Burnt Bean Co. did not disappoint!

Got here at 7am and they had all the meats ready, which I was not expecting.   Fatty brisket was excellent, as was the beef rib, just melt in your mouth.   Both nice and peppery.  I liked the jalapeño/ sausage over the regular beef ones.  

Now the question is do I hang around to try any of the sides? They aren't ready yet.   May need to grab a barbacoa taco real fast as well. Line is down the sidewalk, probably over an hour wait now.

20211024_074353.jpg

20211024_082508.jpg

20211024_085249.jpg

20211024_085841.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

zero ideas how this place stays open, it's always empty. im thinking it's a front to wash drug money 

mikeska-s-bar-b-q.jpg

The online ratings are pretty interesting. 3.5 on Yelp, 4.5 on Facebook, and 5.0 on TripAdvisor. 

My grandfather and I stopped there a few times on the way to UT games. I don’t remember it being particularly good or bad. This was the late 90s, so different times. 

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

The online ratings are pretty interesting. 3.5 on Yelp, 4.5 on Facebook, and 5.0 on TripAdvisor. 

My grandfather and I stopped there a few times on the way to UT games. I don’t remember it being particularly good or bad. This was the late 90s, so different times. 

the chicken fried steak looked ok on their website 

hinzes bbq in sealy isn’t a bad stop at all 

Arrived at Goldee's 7:15 this morning, 20th in line.  Served at 11:20, and left the parking lot at 12:15, where the line was over 60 deep.  Johnny White said they sold out yesterday at 4pm.  You got to pay the price to enjoy the dance, and today was a spiritual experience for the wife, my best friend from Clemson, and another friend who just retired from TCU.  Meat coma setting in, going to ...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz😑

Goldee's 10.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2

2 hours ago, pch said:

Arrived at Goldee's 7:15 this morning, 20th in line.  Served at 11:20, and left the parking lot at 12:15, where the line was over 60 deep.  Johnny White said they sold out yesterday at 4pm.  You got to pay the price to enjoy the dance, and today was a spiritual experience for the wife, my best friend from Clemson, and another friend who just retired from TCU.  Meat coma setting in, going to ...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz😑

Goldee's 10.jpg

Big Red in plastic instead of glass? Looks like amateur hour to me. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Not sure about the others but Yelp ratings are a fucking joke. Until it closed a few years back, the best taco place in all of Houston was like 3.5 stars, lulz. 

Big Red in plastic instead of glass? Looks like amateur hour to me. 

There has been a severe shortage of the OG Big Red. Both Tejas and Truth don’t have it anymore. And not by choice. There is a gas station by my house that has the hook up though and always has it on hand.

Most places have tried to pass off Dublin Red as a substitute. Not even close.
  • Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Pizzitola’s should swallow their pride and just serve ribs and sides. They must throw away more brisket than they sell. They also serve one of the truly awful, old school 90s style Texas gas station bbq sauces. 

that property has to be worth a mint 

I refuse to say "moist" brisket.  I am not afeart to say "gimme 3 slices off the fat end."  Of course, young knives on the block say "you mean moist?" while old pros say "you got it!"
Life is too short for lean brisket.

Always liked how Don at Don’s BBQ put it “Do you want it lean or with some flavor?”

zero ideas how this place stays open, it's always empty. im thinking it's a front to wash drug money 

mikeska-s-bar-b-q.jpg

Way before Franklin changed BBQ forever, I stopped here once. Mikeska himself, dressed like he is in the painting hanging in the dining room but about 80 years older, was cutting meat. The collection of weird old people and all the taxidermy on the walls gave off a strong David Lynch vibe. The food was horrific. 20 years later my wife still refers to a bad restaurant meal as getting Mikeska’d.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Way before Franklin changed BBQ forever, I stopped here once. Mikeska himself, dressed like he is in the painting hanging in the dining room but about 80 years older, was cutting meat. The collection of weird old people and all the taxidermy on the walls gave off a strong David Lynch vibe. The food was horrific. 20 years later my wife still refers to a bad restaurant meal as getting Mikeska’d.

he was really wearing a crown ?