TM Top 50 BBQ Joints 2021

Both Tacos

42 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
On 10/30/2021 at 10:37 PM, Etexhorn13 said:
Sure but unless it’s Franklin or I’m trying to get bbq for a bunch of people that’s just such an asshole thing IMO. Nothing against you, and I know it’s probably the “smart” thing to do, but like Omar said, a man got to have a code. 

That's a dumb fucking code.

Asshole says what?

On 10/30/2021 at 10:37 PM, Etexhorn13 said:

Sure but unless it’s Franklin or I’m trying to get bbq for a bunch of people that’s just such an asshole thing IMO. Nothing against you, and I know it’s probably the “smart” thing to do, but like Omar said, a man got to have a code. 

I have no problem waiting in line but I’m curious why ordering ahead is “an asshole thing”?

1 minute ago, futureman said:

I have no problem waiting in line but I’m curious why ordering ahead is “an asshole thing”?

Because it makes me angry that I didn’t think to do it, so surely you must be an asshole If you single order a pickup from a bbq restaurant. Also, judging by the date and time of my original post, I had probably been drinking

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Because it makes me angry that I didn’t think to do it, so surely you must be an asshole If you single order a pickup from a bbq restaurant. Also, judging by the date and time of my original post, I had probably been drinking

single order? well, now, that is an asshole move.  if you wanna get your five pounds and go home I see no problem there. 

I went to SA this weekend for my cousin's husband's memorial. We hit Pinkerton's in downtown SA and then Burnt Bean in Seguin on our way back Sun AM. I was disappointed when they ran out of brisket huevos rancheros about three people in front of me. Womp womp. Both Pinkerton's and Burnt Bean were outstanding IMO.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I still haven’t had Khoi yet. Hoping to try them when they get their brick and mortar set up.

I hadn't heard this was happening. Great news. I always miss their pop-ups. Have they announced a location yet? I just checked their IG page and it looks they bought a property described as "a few minutes from downtown and few minutes from White Oak Music Hall". So I'm guessing somewhere over East of 45. 

2 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

People think anyone from the Southern hemisphere of the Americas is Mexican.

One of my buds who was a frat guy who happens to be white leans in to ask my other buddy Patel from India, "What's good here?"  We were at Fadi's.  I fucking lost it, haha.

Edited by RollLeft

14 hours ago, futureman said:

could’ve sworn you were mexican. you’re sure on this?

Same here. I thought I remembered him commenting that he hated the term “Latinx” even thought he was Mexican. 
Well Patricio Swayze, if that is your real name….

Don’t matter to me none. Patricio is a first rate photographer and a nice dude.  He once gave me 2 free tickets to Longhorn football game.  
Come to think of it, the game was during the Charlie Strong era and was of course an ass beating so it’s difficult to say who did who the favor that day. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Well, this thread has taken a weird and unexpected turn. And as I type this, and I sit you not my phone shuffled through Antonio Aguilar “Mi Margarita” and Minor Threat “Guilty of Being White”.

Seek out the all encompassing latino thread for a full and long winded explanation of my ethnicity and race. It’s in the first comment if y’all are really this fascinated.

TL;DR:

When given the option, I check off latino/Hispanic and white

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/11/2022 at 8:01 PM, DalTxHornFan said:

Has anybody ventured to Blood Bros. lately?  I went once pre-pandemic and was under-whelmed.

spring break.  was ok but didn't come close to what we usually get in austin.  also none of us liked the sides which is unusual.