NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

Hubie is just about as bad as it gets. He spends the entire game rambling incoherently. he was really good like a decade ago, but he's been really hard to listen to for a long time now. 

typical Hubie analysis on a replay after a made basket:

"ok see right here, he gets the ball, and he has it, and there's when he has the finish."

29 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Paul George out for at least a month with a ligament tear in his elbow.  With Leonard out for the year, they were always a Paul George injury away from completely imploding and Okie City owns their pick unrestricted.

Sucks for Playoff P. Really will be interesting if OKC is ever able to get their shit together beyond hoarding assets.

58 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Paul George out for at least a month with a ligament tear in his elbow.  With Leonard out for the year, they were always a Paul George injury away from completely imploding and Okie City owns their pick unrestricted.

Link Comments GIF

(Not cheering the injury, just the thought of them missing the playoffs without a pick)

Edited by Kermit

13 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

He had really been balling this yr.  Sucks for him.

17 hours ago, aggie08 said:

So do Laker fans consider LeBron's first four years in LA a "success"? One title in an empty Orlando convention center arena but, at this rate, no other playoff series wins. 

I mean- lakers fans are fully capable of being as delusional if not more so than any other fan base in the country, but they are crazy if they don’t consider these past 4 years a success. They hadn’t been to the playoffs in what- 5 years?  Their team topped out, at best, at slightly interesting and entertaining. 
they are going to make the playoffs 3/4 years with Lebron with a title mixed in. Even as great as their history is, they’ve won’t a title less than 25% of the time. 
the only reason to not consider it a success, possibly, is that the basketball has been boring to watch stylistically. 
could it have worked out better for them?  Sure, maybe. But they’d be crazy to consider it a disappointment. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, bangkok said:

yes the lakers look like shit.

that said, they're going to get their shit together and make a postseason run, tbd how far that goes but it's a high ceiling, low floor.

bron will preach overcoming adversity, a new roster, injuries, yadda, yadda.

I feel like a lot of people thought this about last year and then they had to win a play in and got bounced in the first round. They're pretty much on track to do that again this year. 

I don't think their ceiling is that high. Frankly I'd be fucking astounded if this roster made the Finals. They were at home and had the better roster last night but they weren't the team playing with championship energy and drive. They weren't the team with less to play for or with more excuses. 

I've never seen this many red flags or issues on any LeBron team since at least his first stint in Cleveland and on top of it LeBron just doesn't have the bandwidth he used to. He already looks exhausted and they have 4 weeks before Davis comes back.

Maybe they can do something before the deadline and get healthy and wind up looking competent enough to try and get to the WCF somehow but I just don't see it. The laundry list of glaring issues seems to only be getting bigger. 

Let's keep in mind LeBron hasn't made a normal "postseason run" in what will be 4 years by the time the playoffs roll around. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

I feel like a lot of people thought this about last year and then they had to win a play in and got bounced in the first round. They're pretty much on track to do that again this year. 

I don't think their ceiling is that high. Frankly I'd be fucking astounded if this roster made the Finals. They were at home and had the better roster last night but they weren't the team playing with championship energy and drive. They weren't the team with less to play for or with more excuses. 

I've never seen this many red flags or issues on any LeBron team since at least his first stint in Cleveland and on top of it LeBron just doesn't have the bandwidth he used to. He already looks exhausted and they have 4 weeks before Davis comes back.

Maybe they can do something before the deadline and get healthy and wind up looking competent enough to try and get to the WCF somehow but I just don't see it. The laundry list of glaring issues seems to only be getting bigger. 

Let's keep in mind LeBron hasn't made a normal "postseason run" in what will be 4 years by the time the playoffs roll around. 

Yep. They are dead and buried and going nowhere and the era of Lebron is over. A few people might not know that yet, and he will undoubtedly (and deservedly) have outsized influence still on the league because of his 2 decades of play, but he’s not as of today capable of being the best player on a title team and as long as he’s on a max deal he’s taking up too much salary to truly build a real title contender. 
It’s an amazing run. This isn’t a slight. He’s just not that good anymore. There’s a big difference between clear and away best player in the world and maybe top 10 guy. 
that’s where he’s at now and that’s not going to get it done with that shit ass roster. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Lebron, in his childish frustrated manner, is hurting opposing players on purpose:

1. the punch on the Detroit Center at the FT line

2. pushing the defender with too much force, crashing him into AD - putting him out for 4 weeks (could have been much worse). 

3. throwing an 80mph pass directly at the defender from 4 feet away.  Don't be confused, Lebitch was 100% meaning to do it. 

ok seriously, the NBA needs to take a careful look at his behavior.  

On 12/25/2021 at 5:56 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

What most important though is that kawhis uncle is happy.  

and then of course you have LeBron calling up Melo and telling him, "you're the missing piece, i need you to help me win this title." LeBron is one of the worst GMs in the league. 
Does he get credit as GM for getting Cleveland to multiple Finals and even winning one? Credit for the Bubble-ship?

I kind of agree with you. But if you're going to knock him for the failures, you have to acknowledge his success. Hell he's a better GM than some of the so called geniuses that do it full time.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Westbrook seems bought in.
200.gif
He has never averaged that in a season, and the only time he did was when the team was actively gifting him rebounds. He has a terrible Basketball IQ, and shoots his team out of games they should win. He was like 4-20 in his last triple double game. Just an absolute joke of a player that will never win a ring as the number 1 or 2 option. He would be best served as the 6th man on a team, but he's too arrogant to accept that role.
  • Hook 'Em 1