NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

I was going to post on this a couple of weeks ago but got distracted. KAT to me has gotta be one of the most unlikeable guys in the league to watch from a body language perspective. He strikes me as the ultimate front runner. Like I'm sure Draymond wins that contest but at least you know what you're going to get from Draymond win or lose. KAT has taken his swagger up a notch this year as his team has improved. That doesn't win him favor with me or probably many. If that's who you are it shouldn't only come out when you're winning. I don't watch them every night obviously but it's what I've observed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

You don’t know the choke jobs of Minnesota sports. I was prepared for 2 losses at home
. Especially against NoLa

Yeah I don't mean sadly like it's pathetic I mean it's a shame y'all don't get there more often. 

Although TNT is now openly clowning y'all's ass 😂

Minnesota should move on..... KAT should have to play again.  What a miserable performance from a superstar.  Great performances from Edwards and Russell.  Minnesota's ceiling the next 5 years will be dependent on how good Edwards can be.  KAT's doesn't look like he can be the best player on a contender.

• Hook 'Em 1

Minnesota should move on..... KAT should have to play again.  What a miserable performance from a superstar.  Great performances from Edwards and Russell.  Minnesota's ceiling the next 5 years will be dependent on how good Edwards can be.  KAT's doesn't look like he can be the best player on a contender.

He’s a hell of a second option if/when edwards becomes a superstar

Lmfao @inside the nba
  • Hook 'Em 1

Really like Edwards game for such a young guy. Getting it done in defense and trying to dunk on people every play. He is going to be great IMO.

if I was Minnesota, I would trade KAT. He isn’t a winner.  They could get some real assets in return for him and potentially do something in the coming years.

16 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Griz/Wolves has some serious bonkers potential.

It's interesting because neither team really has any playoff experience. I think the guys with the most experience are Adams and Pat Bev. Excited to see how it plays out. Memphis is so good though - MIN will really need to play out of their minds.

26 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Really enjoy Harlan and Reggie Miller announcing games... So much better than Stan Van Gundy

I'm not a huge Reggie fan but it was so immediately better when the 2nd game started. 

20 minutes ago, HookEm said:

if I was Minnesota, I would trade KAT. He isn’t a winner.  They could get some real assets in return for him and potentially do something in the coming years.

I was wondering about this. Not sure if it would be the right move or not - but I thought him fouling out ironically solved one of their biggest issues which is who gets the ball late in games? DLo and Ant traded off pretty well and it worked because they both made some great plays. I feel like it gets mucky - especially in the playoffs - when you throw that 3rd guy in there. 

The game plan for kat was terrible. That played right into las hand on how they defended him in freaking November. La is not a good matchup for kat since they can throw about 4 guys not named zubac at him.

You don’t start knee jerk trade kat talks. He’s too damn talented. Ant and dlo have a lot of 10-20% shooting performances to kats 60% this season. When 2 of the 3 stars show up, they can play with just about anybody…if all 3 show up they’re practically unbeatable. If 1 shows up, they get swept by Orlando.

You don’t start knee jerk trade kat talks. He’s too damn talented.

That's why you trade him IMO.  He is just entering his prime and has a ton of value.  He is a classic "good stats, bad team" type of guy and is not a winner.  His rebounds and blocks are trending down. He is 3rd in the NBA in fouls.  He is 10th in the NBA in turnovers (as a CENTER). Last night was a bad night, but not a huge surprise. And will he be willing to be the 2nd or 3rd fiddle? I don't think so. As somebody mentioned above, his body language is terrible.  When Minnesota was going on their run, all the camera shots of Towns just had him glowering on the sideline.

I bet you could trade KAT for someone like Pascal Siakam and probably picks.  Or possibly Rudy Gobert and pieces / picks.  Either of those would give you a much better team, especially in the playoffs. And both would let you build around Edwards.  I would even look at something like Jonathan Isaac + Mo Bamba + picks.

• Hook 'Em 2

KAT is overrated, mostly by himself. Classic case of $100 skills, ten cent head. KAT for Gobert is interesting, but probably not enough without Utah throwing in significant additional assets. And they don't have their own 1st round draft pick until 2024, I think. That's too far down the line for Minnesota's development timetable, I think.

I also fucking hate Patrick Beverly. He's the Harden of defense -- plays the wrong way and gets rewarded for it. Makes the game ugly by forcing the refs to either call him on his bullshit or give him what he wants. Can't stand watching games he's in, especially when the announcers start slobbering over him.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm not a KAT fan but you don't trade him unless it's for a superstar, especially since he isn't on a supermax cap killer contract. Maybe you have to make a decision on KAT when Edwards comes up for an extension, depending on how much you pay Russell who is a free agent after next season. But they need to ride out this current group to really see what they have. You can't underestimate how much KAT opens the floor for everyone else. When Edwards beats someone off the dribble, it's not an accident that there is no big there to meet him at the rim. Russell really makes them go, when he is on.  They got great production from their role guys last night (at home). Beverley is about the least likeable player in the league, but he's good for them. I've been a Beasley fan since he was in Denver. And Vanderbilt, Reid and McDaniel were great too. They've got a pretty mix going between vets and young guys.

All that said, KAT is brain dead. Seven years in there is no excuse for him to be committing the kind of fouls he did last night. If he had half a brain, they would be dangerous. As it stands, I think Memphis is going to wipe the floor with them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ll be honest as the guy who watched the most wolves games here…kat gathered himself about 10-15 games into the season. Probably after PBev had enough of his shit and told him he has to move on to the next play because he’s hurting the team with his whining, doesn’t get back on D, becomes errant with quick 3s.

Last night was the first night in a 4 months where he was clearly unraveled. Foul trouble is a major concern. He can watch PG 13 chicken wing from the bench practically every drive and get open for jumpers, but PG also doesn’t show too much emotion if something doesn’t go his way.

33 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’ll be honest as the guy who watched the most wolves games here…kat gathered himself about 10-15 games into the season. Probably after PBev had enough of his shit and told him he has to move on to the next play because he’s hurting the team with his whining, doesn’t get back on D, becomes errant with quick 3s.

Last night was the first night in a 4 months where he was clearly unraveled. Foul trouble is a major concern. He can watch PG 13 chicken wing from the bench practically every drive and get open for jumpers, but PG also doesn’t show too much emotion if something doesn’t go his way.

One of the Okie City games I caught this year was against Minnesota.  I was surprised at the level of complaining from KAT, right from the start and that was a game Minnesota won easily.  With almost every play, there was some theatrics involved.

I will defer to folks who watch him all the time, but in the games I have seen, either I don't notice KAT because he disappears... or I notice him for the wrong reasons: complaining and bonehead plays.  I would take Gobert 10 times out of 10 over KAT.  Give me the 3x DPoY, NBA rebounding leader, All-NBA guy with 71% eFG%, vastly lower turnovers and fouls and I will beat your team more often than not.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, HookEm said:

I will defer to folks who watch him all the time, but in the games I have seen, either I don't notice KAT because he disappears... or I notice him for the wrong reasons: complaining and bonehead plays.  I would take Gobert 10 times out of 10 over KAT.  Give me the 3x DPoY, NBA rebounding leader, All-NBA guy with 71% eFG%, vastly lower turnovers and fouls and I will beat your team more often than not.

I wouldn't. Gobert got played off the floor last year in the playoffs against the Clippers, but Snyder was too big of a pussy to pull him off the floor.  Clips went small ball and Gobert couldn't punish them for it on the offensive end. For all of KAT's faults, the sumbitch can shoot the shit out of the basketball. He's 10x the offensive player Gobert is. 

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

KAT is #2 in the league in fouls. Let's not act like last night was an aberration. The guy has played dumb basketball his entire career and has a rep for poor work ethic. 

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Good list.  You could argue on some of the placements but all of these guys are great players.  League has a good future:

Yeah... I'm taking 3-5 of this year's rookies before I'm taking Ben Simmons or a guy who has played about 80 games in three years and can't ever get healthy (Zion).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I wouldn't. Gobert got played off the floor last year in the playoffs against the Clippers, but Snyder was too big of a pussy to pull him off the floor.  Clips went small ball and Gobert couldn't punish them for it on the offensive end. For all of KAT's faults, the sumbitch can shoot the shit out of the basketball. He's 10x the offensive player Gobert is. 

KAT is #2 in the league in fouls. Let's not act like last night was an aberration. The guy has played dumb basketball his entire career and has a rep for poor work ethic. 

Yeah... I'm taking 3-5 of this year's rookies before I'm taking Ben Simmons or a guy who has played about 80 games in three years and can't ever get healthy (Zion).

Agree on Zion and Simmons.  (Went back and edited my post.)

If the #1 pick were offered for either Simmons or Zion, you know those teams would take that in a heartbeat.

20 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Good list.  You could argue on some of the placements but all of these guys are great players.  League has a good future:

That being said, I wouldn't touch either Zion or Ben Simmons if I were a team.

Is Ja Morant 26 or something?

• Hook 'Em 1