2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

3 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

That interview just confirms for me it was time for all of them to go, honestly. 

I don't know about all of them. Donnie, certainly should've been gone a long time ago and Ive had my problem with Carlisle's inability to develop young talent. However, I would've liked to have kept Haralabob. Seems like if he were employed in the right manner he offered us a competitive advantage. That being said, Cuban's chaotic approach to structuring the Mavericks' org was the real culprit behind our inability to amass talent through the draft over the past 20 years. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, LurkingHorn said:

2nd half was great. Good THJ makes all the difference. The team still needs another player who can dribble a basketball besides Luka and Brunson. It’s still stunning to me that they didn’t address that. 

They have made 2 attempts to address that.  Delon Wright and Josh Richardson.  Didn’t work out.  We decided to go with length and shooting this offseason.

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

If good Timmy shows up we are tough to beat as long as KP is at least average.

this.  everything pretty much hinges on THJ. which means likely another 1st round bounce out because he's too inconsistent.

Edited by dcar00

24 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

Only post so far this season and yes I know it’s early but this team feels the same. Might be a 6 seed then out early once again.

well yeah.  its Luka and the Jags again with more average coaching.  the only hope is THJ consistency.  KP is what he is at this point.

1 hour ago, RexWilson said:

^^^

I was just coming to post this. As a head coach you can take the "leadership council" opinion in to consideration, but you shouldn't be saying that is what drove the decision.

Eh, I take all of this as an early season attempt to build camaraderie. So what if Kidd allows KP a few more touches in the post to start the season. Who cares if the ball moves around a bit early in the shot clock rather than having Luka do his best James Harden impression for 20 of 24  seconds. The fact remains that the roster is meh, but we have an alltimer who makes us a threat on any given night. We need KP in a good head space so that he returns to the defensive presence he was early in his time in the metroplex. His offense, while a nice bonus if it comes, isn't the deal breaker for having a good season. It's what he does on the defensive end that will actually give us a shot at advancing in the playoffs. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

Is letting the players do stuff like this a thing? I thought it was great to see some guys get some run, but this was a bit of a head-scratcher for me. 
There's been a trend in coaching which started gaining traction in HS about 10 years ago, coaching the total player. At its core it focuses on the player's complete well-being, not just his aptitude in that sport. The NCAA and pros have slowly implemented some of these strategies. This sounds like what kidd is doing.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, LurkingHorn said:

Considering the start to this game, that was a good win. Defense really played well for stretches I thought. Luka missed clutch free throws again. Very weird to say when you see his stat line, but I didn’t think he was very good tonight.  

the D definitely won that game. Brunson picked up for THJ this game on the offensive end.