2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

I know a lot will be said of Green and Frank, but Maxi was absolute dogshit tonight on both ends. I can’t believe they didn’t try to go small. You were letting them get to the paint at will. 
It wasn't Maxi's fault they were getting to the paint, Reggie was terrible on defense. And he was even worse getting around screens.

34 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

I know frank took some bad shots tonight and got benched, but they were wide open shots. We need him in the lineup to guard Steph. He and maxi are the only two who can stay in front of him.

He should have taken two of those to the basket for an easy layup. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

I know a lot will be said of Green and Frank, but Maxi was absolute dogshit tonight on both ends. I can’t believe they didn’t try to go small. You were letting them get to the paint at will. 

I love him, but he never committed to any doubles defensively. Just roaming. Not one shot, not one drive. And the next time he finishes a foul will be the first. Here's the deal Maxi- when you foul in the fucking playoffs, they don't get the shot off.  That's kinda the deal. 

Edited by threesheets
  • Like 2

That was about the most frustrating half of basketball I've watched all year.  The 3rd quarter looked like a Chris Beard team.  Nobody could hit anything.   I really thought Kidd should have utilized a TO multiple times to reinforce getting to the lane when the shots stopped falling.   Then in the 4th our defense just completely collapsed.   Obviously all the momentum they had and the crowd had a lot to do with it.  But it was just a complete meltdown on both ends.  Maxi and really the entire bench was absolutely dreadful.  Have to regroup for Sunday but that was a very winnable game we'll all look back on as a wasted opportunity if we lose this series.

• Like 1

I wish the Mavs could figure out how to legitimately play Brunson and Luka off one another. Right now they simply alternate isos. It works enough of the time that it's acceptable but it just feels like there should be another layer to take advantage of the two legit threats they have.

33 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Looney dominating Maxi and Powell is the biggest advantage GS has in the series.

It's not like he's handling them one on one. The defense is helping and switching and the rotations have been slow or nonexistent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Llogg said:

I wish the Mavs could figure out how to legitimately play Brunson and Luka off one another. Right now they simply alternate isos. It works enough of the time that it's acceptable but it just feels like there should be another layer to take advantage of the two legit threats they have.

We'd probably have to incorporate more movement in the offense and for whatever reason, despite playing in motion based offenses for both  Slovenia and Real Madrid, Luka doesn't seem to be an enthusiastic participant in that style of play in the NBA. 

1 hour ago, Fudbelty said:

How many other teams are being fined for this? I see this across the league. Is Dallas doing something different than these other teams? I do not know exactly what the bench rules are. Or is this another instance where the league still hates Cuban?