2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

16 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

Best part is he hit this shit over Richardson. Fucking spare. 

That's beautiful b/c it went in, but that was shitty offense when you didn't need a 3. Who knows what the call was but KP did everything wrong. With Smart switched onto him he refused to dive to the rim, giving Luka few options. Worse when Smart went to triple team Luka KP drifted toward Luka at a bad angle, again giving Luka no option and not punishing Smart for leaving him. Even once the shot went up, he just stands there rather than making an attempt to crash for a possible tip-in. Fucking Brunson crashed from the backside even though he has little to no chance at a tip among the trees, but KP just can't be arsed. Dallas really fucked themselves hitching their star to his wagon.

Edited by Llogg

20 minutes ago, Llogg said:

That's beautiful b/c it went in, but that was shitty offense when you didn't need a 3. Who knows what the call was but KP did everything wrong. With Smart switched onto him he refused to dive to the rim, giving Luka few options. Worse when Smart went to triple team Luka KP drifted toward Luka at a bad angle, again giving Luka no option and not punishing Smart for leaving him. Even once the shot went up, he just stands there rather than making an attempt to crash for a possible tip-in. Fucking Brunson crashed from the backside even though he has little to no chance at a tip among the trees, but KP just can't be arsed. Dallas really fucked themselves hitching their star to his wagon.

KP was used to get Smart off Luka. At the end he is giving him an outlet. You might be right about KP overall, but this is a weird play to zone in on him. He played really well yesterday. We don’t win without him. 

12 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

KP was used to get Smart off Luka. At the end he is giving him an outlet. You might be right about KP overall, but this is a weird play to zone in on him. He played really well yesterday. We don’t win without him. 

He SHOULD be giving him an outlet but instead he's giving him a bad angle and bad spacing. He dives to the basket, dragging Smart with him, and Brunson provide the outlet up top. Maybe that's what he was coached to do, but I think it looks like bad basketball.

Again, great finish b/c the ball went in, but your final play in regulation of a tie game should not be "Luka dribble into double team and chuck up a step back 3, ready, break."

Edited by Llogg

On 11/7/2021 at 2:10 PM, Llogg said:

He SHOULD be giving him an outlet but instead he's giving him a bad angle and bad spacing. He dives to the basket, dragging Smart with him, and Brunson provide the outlet up top. Maybe that's what he was coached to do, but I think it looks like bad basketball.

Again, great finish b/c the ball went in, but your final play in regulation of a tie game should not be "Luka dribble into double team and chuck up a step back 3, ready, break."

kp was the outlet.  i'd rather him take a spot up 3 than diving from the left to the basket.  different story on the other side of the lane. 

i do agree that kidd can't draw plays worth a box of rusty dimes.  inbounds plays, get a bucket plays... he hasn't shown anything yet this season.  carlisle was a master at that.

I think our record is fool's gold, padded by an easy schedule, as others have said.  Nonetheless, the only NBA team with fewer losses right now is Golden State.  We will have more losses...a lot more as the season progresses, but at least we aren't as bad as the Pelicans, Rockets, or Pistons.  

59 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

I think our record is fool's gold, padded by an easy schedule, as others have said.  Nonetheless, the only NBA team with fewer losses right now is Golden State.  We will have more losses...a lot more as the season progresses, but at least we aren't as bad as the Pelicans, Rockets, or Pistons.  

Easy schedule has certainly helped, but I do think they're also playing better. They just need to stop giving Powell so many damn minutes and move KP to the 5. The next two weeks are going to be pretty brutal so good to rack up wins while you can.

Chicago, SAS (tough to beat a team 3 times in a row), vs Denver (maybe Jokic suspended?), @PHX, @PHX, @LAC, @LAC. Those last 4 is some bullshit scheduling. Not sure how something like that was ever approved. 

5 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

Chicago, SAS (tough to beat a team 3 times in a row), vs Denver (maybe Jokic suspended?), @PHX, @PHX, @LAC, @LAC. Those last 4 is some bullshit scheduling. Not sure how something like that was ever approved. 

Reduce travel. Instead of flying there multiple times, get some of the west coast series over in one trip.  I know LAC will be the Mavs two games in a row in Dallas later this season. 

9 hours ago, RexWilson said:

Reduce travel. Instead of flying there multiple times, get some of the west coast series over in one trip.  I know LAC will be the Mavs two games in a row in Dallas later this season. 

Not a fan. I can see this for a series against one team. Don’t like it back to back like this. 

Was at the game so this was first time to watch a full 48 minutes.

KP's usage on offense was great. High screens/switch to get an open 3, pick n roll, low post iso, cutter to the lane. 

Defense was good as well. Still has trouble when the screen/switch draws him out in space. In the paint he was altering and contesting shots. The Spurs didn't have a big worth a shit so he wasn't tested much with post ups.

I liked Ntilikina. He was a pesky defender, helps give Luka a break from being ball handler, and seems to know his roll.

Dwight Powell should not start.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RexWilson said:

Was at the game so this was first time to watch a full 48 minutes.

KP's usage on offense was great. High screens/switch to get an open 3, pick n roll, low post iso, cutter to the lane. 

Defense was good as well. Still has trouble when the screen/switch draws him out in space. In the paint he was altering and contesting shots. The Spurs didn't have a big worth a shit so he wasn't tested much with post ups.

I liked Ntilikina. He was a pesky defender, helps give Luka a break from being ball handler, and seems to know his roll.

Dwight Powell should not start.

The Powell thing is so perplexing. He’s so obviously getting beat on defense and clogging up space next to KP that every novice notices. It’s not a coincidence we have had a slow start just about every game. our coaching staff seems to like getting off to slow starts for some reason. 

I have stated several times on here Moses Brown deserves to get a few minutes a game to see what he can do. 

They moved him down last to play in the Legends G league game and did exactly what you would expect a NBA rotation player to do:

10-14 FG 7 Off Reb 9 Def Reb, 3 blocks. His negatives were 3 TO and 5 PF.

He was set to check in during the 4th quarter vs Spurs but SA went on a mini run and he got pulled back. I find it hard to believe he would be significantly worse than WCS who has seen action every game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RexWilson said:

I have stated several times on here Moses Brown deserves to get a few minutes a game to see what he can do. 

They moved him down last to play in the Legends G league game and did exactly what you would expect a NBA rotation player to do:

10-14 FG 7 Off Reb 9 Def Reb, 3 blocks. His negatives were 3 TO and 5 PF.

He was set to check in during the 4th quarter vs Spurs but SA went on a mini run and he got pulled back. I find it hard to believe he would be significantly worse than WCS who has seen action every game.

Nobody can convince me he’s worse than WCS. And even if he is, he’s basically making the minimum. WCS should have never been brought back. That should have been a no-brainer. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RexWilson said:

Per Tim Macmahon, Luka's ankle was considered not serious but likely to miss some games.

shit.  KP, THJ, Brunson gonna need to carry the team.  got to give credit to Kidd that KP is actually looking like a basketball player again.